Supporter

Reviews: 266
Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:13 am
backgroundbob says...

I'll defend Ender's Game to the death.

You; me; shotgun wedding.

My heroine!
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:52 am
Elelel says...

Me? Possessive of books? *shifty eyes* ... of course not.

Ok, yes.

It's the appreciation thing that gets to me too. I'm especially protective about things that people ought to show more appreciation for, but don't. Like comedy. LAUGHTER IS IMPORTANT!!! IT IS I TELL YOU!!! Ahem.

If someone says I book I've read is bad, I want to know why. If they can't give me a good reason, I plague them until they can either tell me why they didn't like it, or they threaten to murder me.

Once a friend said that the only books they liked were Harry Potter books ... big mistake. I fixed that!
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

236 Reviews

Reviews: 236
Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:47 pm
carelessaussie13 says...

I defiinitely feel the same way. A lot of my friends have radically different opinions that mine on what makes a good book, and it's so hard to sit through a conversation in which my favorite book is put down. I want to shout, "Oh, honestly, it was great, dang it!" Then I feel like I should go tell the book everything is gonna be all right or something.
“To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” - Freya Stark

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:46 am
Mr. Everyone says...

I'd have to agree with supercal, I do not like extreme words used with anything it is so close minded.

My mind is open to all literature, all music, and all things as long as it isn't against my moral values, such as drugs and alchohol.

keep writing guys and =) happy reading (=
~Everyone~

=) *wave*

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:53 am
Trident says...

I think drugs and alcohol are low on the totem pole when it comes to things one should be considering morally wrong enough to put down a book.

Does that mean you don't read anything with either of those items? Because that doesn't seem very open-minded.

What about murder? Genocide? War?
Perception is everything.

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:19 am
Mr. Everyone says...

bad example... I meant it to much towards the music side, =\

Actually for a book it would be a couple things im not going to mention... I don't much want to offend anyone about the subject
~Everyone~

=) *wave*

Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic he could save others from death, but not himself.
— RazorSharpPencil