z

Young Writers Society

What influenced you to write what you are writing right now?

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:45 am
Lorrilrakest. says...

Well at first, the show Heroes - because it hit me that it would be incredibly scary from a human's point of view.
And then Twilight (despite the lovey stuff) about supernatural mind-based powers.

I get a lot of inspiration from film and TV, i think.

I do read lot though, so it's cool x]
"Who needs God when you've got me?"
- Jessica Sanders

"Didn't I throw you out a window?"
- Jessica Sanders

www.drizzlefilm.com

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:57 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

I currently have two short story projects:

- the first was influenced by Batman. And a story generator prompt involving insane asylums and angels. Yeah...

- the second was influenced by a combination of the movie "Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind" and the Greek myth of Hades and Persephone. And my longstanding want to write a story about the criminal underground and questionable moral guardians. Then I found a story generator prompt that basically embodied all of the elements from those works, which made me actually start writing.

Yeah. Story generator prompts are your friend.
I am reminded of the babe by you.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:51 pm
airbear320 says...

Yeah. Story generator prompts are your friend.

Agreed! The story I'm working on now started off as a writing prompt to clear my head because I was sick of working on my trilogy. That's right, I said it. Lol. So yeah, it started off as a writing prompt and then turned into this awesome story that I really love.

Then my trilogy came from feelings I got when listening to this song. Over the next few days characters, dialogue, story-line, everything just came into my head. I played around with it for several months before actually writing anything down. But now book one is finished and it feels lovely. It's really cool, looking back on how it all started. :D
"Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:20 am
empressoftheuniverse says...

A spider's web
a podcast called seanachi
An online story called Her side
Ray Bradbury
Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart.
*Le Bible
Royal Reviews Here!

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:11 am
Nightmares says...

I'm one of those people who have conversations in their head.

So one of my stories was inspired by one such incident and I found myself wondering who was talking and who were they talking to (besides me talking to myself) and came to the conclusion it was a little immortal girl talking to her doppleganger while they waited for their driver/(unnecessary) body gaurd.

My other story was inspired by my thing for black wings and the name Seven.

With most of my ideas they both grew rapidly outta hand!!! So if anyone is stuck for ideas Im happy to help xD <3

((Tags empress. You're it !!!))
"I wish I had a man-eating vine for a houseplant,"

"If I heard ticking coming from somewhere I'd put my head close to the source of the sound too,"

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:45 pm
wookielover17 says...

Um I don't know what really influenced it. I was just walking up the stairs saying this really cool intro in my head (which is now the preface of my story) and then like boom! It struck something. I picked up a piece of paper ad wrote three chapters that night. I went to bed at like two 'o clock in the morning but it was totally worth it. :D
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:01 am
Auteur says...

Actually, this topic (along with the song Innocent by Our Lady Peace) just got me to create something in my head. Hence is born, FACEMAP.

[3 brothers in Australia.] Skye(15) and Link(8), lose their parents and are taken in by their druggie brother Trey(22). Skye has no friend's and is easily angered, and after their parents death, Link take a "Vow of Silence" (causing strife between Skye and Link). Trey also hates Skye, but is nice to Link 'cos he's younger. Trey left home when he was 16, and became a drug addict. And basically, I plan for it to end up all happy and stuff. Eg. Trey gets off the drugs and the three brothers learn to live with eachother and all that. Right now it's just a big random idea in my head. Hmm... but thanks for the motivation! Lol.
Most people see what is and never what can be. - Albert Einstein

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:07 pm
Alec Laine says...

I got the inspiration for my novel, Shaman from Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. Actually, just one single quote from Dumbledore:
"Death is but the next great adventure"
(or something in those lines, I've got it written down somewhere.)

After finishing the first Harry Potter book, I dreamt every night about the idea for my own novel. Quite fascinating, to be honest.
"SHAMAN" is a action/adventure fiction novel I'm writing, following the adventures of Marcus Lee. Marcus finds a book with a peculiar symbol engraved on the cover. As Marcus digs deeper into the mysteries of the book, he learns about controlled reincarnation.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:29 pm
ArtOfSilence says...

For me my desire to write a novel sprung from reading so much I slowly became insanely enthused as to writing my own. To be completely honest, I suppose a large amount of it came from me wanting to be more than just human. Seriously, I may be a little 'different' but, how awesome would that be? All these new things you could/can do, and all these problems no-one has ever faced before. Scary as hell yes, but it would be an experience impossible to top.

So, in the end I decided to write a novel where the MC is, *BAM* suddenly more than human yet not any pre-ordained mythological creature or anything, but something that's a mix of parts from a few mythological creatures and a whole heap of, for lack of a better word, imagination, as it allows me to explore a multitude of awesome possibilities.

And yes, I am crazy.
:smt117 :smt016 :smt118 :smt081 :smt082 :smt120 :smt119 :smt101

(P.S: If you've read The Absence of Wind, I'm almost finished writing the second chapter and will be reposing all of it under the title: Where Shadow Steps. (I'm still uncertain whether this will be the final title)

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:46 pm
BethGoth05 says...

Recently, I've watched Tin Man (a really cool TV movie which is a remake of Wizard of Oz.) I knew I wanted to write a fanfiction right away but wasn't sure on a plot, but I knew I was falling in love with Alan Cumming all over again! (I once had a childhood crush on him.) Anyway, I was on Youtube searching for Tin Man music videos. Two videos grabbed my attention:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmgrjpe9bas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58MRGhHaQ8M

I started thinking about this pairing, especially when I loved Glitch so much. Since then, I've been obsessed with it, and of course I'm writing a fanfiction about them! I'm thinking about a whole a trilogy.

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:59 pm
peanut19 says...

The strangeness of my novel came to my by way of my dad talking and two songs. One being Red Bells by Neko Case and Broken by Seether and Amy Lee. Two totally different songs but from them came the idea for my novel The Broken.
~peanut~
There is a light in you, a Vision in the making with sorrow enough to extinguish the stars. I can help you.
~And The Light Fades

The people down here are our zombies, who should be dead or not exist but do.
~Away From What We Started

P.S Got YWS?

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:01 pm
Rena0421 says...

ummmmm, what inspired me to write my current novel? Well, I'd have to say it was a mix between The House on Mango Street and Parachute's album, Losing sleep. So, yes, it was a mix of both but also, something my sister said a while back about inferred love where you love your family because you are supposed to but grow to truly love them as time eases on. Ummm, it'll be out on the shelves one day, I hope(:

-Rena
rena;;let the future pass and don't let go

“Sorry about the blood in your mouth. I wish it was mine. I couldn't get the boy to kill me, but I wore his jacket for the longest time.”
— Richard Siken