z

Young Writers Society

Subplot?

Random avatar

Reviews: 13
Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:09 pm
LydiaB says...

Okay, so I have the first book of a trilogy that has a lot going on toward the end and sets the stage (though not in a direct way) for the rest of the books. The only problem is... Nothing happens until the second half! I've been trying (and failing epically) to develop a sub-plot that would be linked to the main story, but I haven't been able to I was thinking maybe some small mystery that might lead into the climax, though any suggestion would be AWESOME!!!

The story is about a girl who is found to be a Mind Faerie, the protector of the Light Faerie (king/queen). The only problem is, she doesn't know who it is. There is a major gap between when she discovers her Power and when she finds the Light Faerie and it proceeds from that point to the end. There are Dark Faeries (Faeries who corrupt their own Powers to emulate those of the Light Faerie) and Thin Bloods, which are people without wings or Powers who are greatly looked down upon by all Faeries, and the Dark Faeries want them all dead.

Please help me!!! I'll give you a cyber ink cookie!!!
-Lydia <3
Is Pat Buchanan the answer to everything in your life? If so, put "Pat Buchanan" in your signature.

If you're looking for a good fantasy story in need of help...
Purple Magic
:D

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:29 am
MeadowLark says...

I'm not completely sure if I have any good suggestions. But I'll try and think of something.

1) Try and send this girl on a quest or something like that. While she's on this quest, maybe for this Light Faerie, have some misadventures.

2) Almost the same as above. Just give her a few misadventures and see where she goes from there.

Wrack your brain for something to play around with. If you keep playing around with ideas and such you're bound to come up with someting.

Just don't give up yet. Develop your story and it will be great. Just toy with ideas and wrack your brain. You'll tihnk of someting. I have faith in you ^_^

Happy Writing and Good Luck!

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:09 pm
jasmine12 says...

Hmm. this seems tricky. I can see the dilema.
The thing that set of the sirens was that...you started backwards...i dont think i could do that in fear of what you are going through.
Hmm, try a conflict. A rival between the different types of fearies, a boy, or guy fearie if that even occurs. Have her go on a quest as MeadowLark had said. Also, big thing, make sure to have clues to things that will happen later. heh.
The story seems interesting. Good Luck. Sorry I couldnt help any more.
"Sometimes the worst bad guy makes the best good guy." Nigel--Untouched

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:35 pm
mimimac says...

Hey
Maybe you could make it that one of her friends turns out to be a dark faerie, and knew all along about her powers. He/she could have been trying to corrupt her so that they could get to the light faerie very easily when she begins protecting her.
I don't know if this makes sense with your story since I don't know much about me. Hope I sort of helped anyways.

xxmimixx
-mors aut honorabilis vita-

Forget the prince with a horse, I want a vampire with a volvo.

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backwards. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that life's going to launch you into something great, so just focus and keep aiming.
— Unknown