z

Young Writers Society

Your opinion of Paolini....

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sun May 20, 2007 3:09 pm
Elelel says...

And the reason we dislike him so, Elelel, is because his books lack any originality whatsoever, in both plot and world concepts, so much so that they come dangerously close to plagiarism. There are other reasons, but I'm not going to elaborate, as you need only read this thread to see what it is that makes him so... unlikeable. It's not that we simply don't like his books, there are many books we don't like, maybe because of the style they're written, etc. but there are many reasons for our dislike of Eragon and Paolini, which go far beyond the reasons of simply style.

I read all the thread and I knew about all the star wars/LOTR/general fantasy cliches anyway. I watched the Eragon movie laughing the whole way through while running a comentary on all the similarities. *shrugs* I guess i'm just not a hate person. You know, I'm one of those people who go around with ideas of fluffy bunnies and rainbows stuff.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Mon May 21, 2007 3:12 pm
Saphira says...

You might not like the books but he did his job. He wrote a book that everyone would remember. I also have a question.

How many of you will read the third book when it is published?

I bet most of you will to see if it is the same as starwars/LOTR and to see how it ends!
Come to the dark side. We have cookies!

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon May 21, 2007 4:04 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Well, I know I won't. Why waste good reading time when you can just look up the plot summary on Wikipedia? :P
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Mon May 21, 2007 4:05 pm
Shadowsun says...

I will!!!

~ Shadowsun :D
Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Then who cares? You're a mile away and you've got their shoes.

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Mon May 21, 2007 9:37 pm
Writersdomain says...

While I didn't care for Eragon and I disliked Eldest, I will read the third book. I can never leave a trilogy at the second book. :P
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Mon May 21, 2007 9:39 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

I will, same reason as Writers. It's almost *heresy* in my book to read two books in a trilogy and not read the third. Even with Eragon.
ohmeohmy

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Sat May 26, 2007 5:53 pm
Esmé says...

Lol, haven't taken a look at this thread for quite a long time. I see that we're on the 'liked/disliked' discussion instead of saying that Paolini was rubbish. Woot. :D

I just wanted to repeat that while Paolini might not be one of the best writers of the world, some people liked his book. And the term 'some people' is a wide one in this case.

Personally, I do not consider him one of the worst writers in history. Not the best, but not the worst. Quoting Elelel here, I'm not a hate person. :D

I read teh two books that have been published, and I will read the third one. I look froward to what will happen in it, and I will buy it.

-Elein

96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Sun May 27, 2007 10:52 am
flytodreams says...

I'll read it, definately!

Even though it's not the best trilogy I've ever read.
Be yourself; everybody else is already taken.

I came, I saw, I conquered.

When you're being nice to your character, you're being bad to your book.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sun May 27, 2007 2:33 pm
Firestalker says...

I will I like his books and I cant leave a good trilogy like this unread.
--
Who is not Insane one man ask, the answer being a fool.
Are you Insane the same man asks, - "Oh yes!. The Mad Hatter being saner!"

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sun May 27, 2007 2:41 pm
Firestalker says...

Whoops double copy pay no attention to the same thing written twice above

The only thing to fear is fear it self
--
Who is not Insane one man ask, the answer being a fool.
Are you Insane the same man asks, - "Oh yes!. The Mad Hatter being saner!"

the only theft here is of decency when carina decided to rob me of my pride and put me on a banana
— veeren