z

Young Writers Society

Last time if you were to write a poem.

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:14 pm
PixieStix says...

If you were to write your next poem or if so last poem, there are many things you may have to do in order to make the best of it in your last experience. First you need to think of a topic. A topic hat will blow the viewers away. Something that will make the title divine. after you have the topic then you have to think of the title, something hat has a point on the topic. For example,

My topic is cats, title:Litter
my topic Is rainbows, title:magic and spice

Those are some examples of extra detailed titles that you could use. There is an title for every subject. Every single topic.

Next you have to write nit enjoy writing it.
Hope it helped!

~Pixie2~
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:39 pm
Calligraphy says...

Hmmm. When I write a poem I do it a bit differently than this. If I am not using an image or song for inspiration, I sit for a few minutes quietly thinking of random things. Then I just start the first line. Sometimes it is about something amazing sometimes it isn't. Really how you write the poem is what makes it special in my opinion. After that I read it over once and give it a title.

Maybe I should try it your way next time I write a poem.

A. S.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:11 am
housecat says...

I don't know about you, but I almost always write the title last. I write more music than poetry, so I usually just use my favorite line ( short, of course ) as the title or a word that could describe the purpose or feel to the song. If I'm writing about how much I love my cat and his life story, I don't exactly think "litter" would be a good title. Is it catchy? yes. Is it somewhat oblivious to the whole idea of the piece? That too. I'd rather pick something random from the piece like " His button nose" or maybe even " A cat's life", even though that sounds pretty boring. It's about the piece, not the title.

I admit that I probably would read a poem if it was called 'litter' though.

319 Reviews

Reviews: 319
Tue May 03, 2011 4:02 am
Jashael says...

Hmm... for me, it kind of works the other way. The first thing I do with a poem is find a theme. Kinda like what you said with the "something that will blow the readers away". For me, I need to think of the theme first then write the poem. My theme is the skeleton of my work. The title, which you can probably change a million times, could go last. But don't me wrong. The title is also very important. It's just, it's not necessary to think of a title first.
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen:
not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”

—C.S. LEWIS

My SPOTIFY page
Facebook
Got a life?

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.
— Helen Keller