z

Young Writers Society

A song about myself :D

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:00 am
Ellyphant says...

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewpoetry.php?id=46

So, I liked this poem because it was very...interesting. I don't think I have read anything like it. It was about the author, I presume because the title is "A Song About Myself" I really enjoyed how he kept referring to himself as a naughty boy XD.

A personal experience that this poem reminded me of is the one time I ran and slept in the woods after my parents had had an awful fight that I couldn't stand anymore. So I snuck out the bathroom window planning on running to Mississippi, but I didn't get farther than like...100 yards from our house which was across the street in my neighbors woods. Not very close to Mississippi, huh?

Also, I related to this poem because in the second stanza it mentions the Author always having a book that he wrote poetry in handy. I do the same thing :D

What were your thoughts on the poem?
How can you relate to it personally?

♥Elly :elephant:
You're more than wonderful
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

-Love of My Life, Brian McKnight.

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:29 pm
Moriah Leila says...

This poem reminded me of an assignment I had to do back in high school. We were supposed to write a poem about ourselves and the title had to be "The Song Of (Insert Name)." I wrote in my poem that I was never going to have kids or get married, and low and behold I am both married and a mother. Anyways, I thought it interesting that the author revealed the different sides to himself. I thought it was funny that he kept calling himself naughty, too.
I am not addicted to reading, I can quit as soon as I finish one more chapter.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:54 am
Snoink says...

Moriah>> That's pretty awesome. :)

I thought it was funny that he kept calling himself naughty too! The especially interesting thing was that he never actually did anything naughty. He was just exploring his world and using writing as a medium to explore his world, I think. And the worst thing he seemed to do was wonder... so how can that be naughty?

Awesome choice!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another.
— Lemony Snicket