z

Young Writers Society

Misfit Circus (accepting/started)

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:37 pm
RedBird says...

Welcome to the Circus, doorway to your dreams...
It is known as the Misfit Circus, and is run by orphaned teens. They all have special powers, the reason that they have banded together. The Misfits, as they call themselves, do not know their true origins, although, this will come into the plot...
The Misfits are a troubled group, and they are constantly on the run from the authorities (they are strange, empowered teens, after all). There is also dissent from within, as there are some nice Misfits, and some...not-so-nice ones. The not-so-nice ones believe that they should use their powers to dominate normal people, while the nice ones are opposed to this idea, to some extent. These groups will EVENTUALLY clash.
But that's not all. For, unbeknownst to the Misfits, the authorities are not just chasing them because they're underage. No, something much more sinister is behind that, which the Misfits will find out all to soon.

Why are all of the Misfits teens? Why is the government so interested in them? And can the Misfits of good keep their evil companions at bay?

The authorities are closing in. Fights are breaking out among friends. And unknown to everyone involved, something is about to happen that will change the world forever...

Rules:

All YWS rules

Characters need to be from ages 11-19

Everyone can die, of course

No killing off other characters without mine, or the other character's permission

No ultra-gory violence, please

And no sex scenes...

Please make each post AT LEAST 100 words!

I think that's it for rules...

Character Profiles:

Name:

Power/Circus Act:

Appearance:

Personality:

Weaknesses/Strengths

Likes/Dislikes:

Other:

Everyone can have two characters, one good Misfit, and one evil one.

Let's start this!

PM me if you have any questions.
Last edited by RedBird on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

61 Reviews

Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:38 pm
RedBird says...

Name: Nick

Power/Act: Can teleport himself and other objects he touches to any place, a co-founder of the circus, magician.

Appearance: Medium height, bright red hair, huge mass of freckles, pointy nose, green eyes, always wears a bright red shirt and jeans, with Converse and a black top hat.

Personality: Talkative, but knows when to shut up, tries to be friendly with everyone, strongly dislikes killing, generally positive, but prone to fits of sarcasm.

Weaknesses/Strengths: If he has to use weapons, he teleports things to make the enemy mess up, he can also use a sword very well, he always listens to everyone's point of view before voicing his opinion, he will not leave anybody behind if they are in danger, even if it means risking his own life.

Likes: All types of food, talking, laughing, being the center of attention, friends, his violin.

Dislikes: people who bring others down, cold, being sad.

Other: Up for love.

(Nick is the the leader, BTW)

Name: Kili Joy

Power/Act: She can change and influence people's emotions, she can make them sad, happy, jealous...murderous, any emotion you can think of, she is the member of the circus who sells tickets and takes tips, something she can do very easily by making people feel very generous...

Appearance: She is small and blonde, with murky blue eyes and a face reminiscent of a fox, she always wears an old white tee-shirt and faded jeans.

Personality: She is clever and sly and always works to her own ends, she just stays with the circus because it's best for her at the moment, she can kind of fade into the background and listen, figuring out what everybody is doing, she can be a vicious fighter (archer), but she usually just makes her opponents feel very friendly towards her.

Weaknesses/Strengths: She can only influence a person if they are unaware and unprepared for that kind of mental invasion, everyone who knows her in the circus always has mental barriers up to block her, she's a good fighter when cornered, and typically has a bow and a sheath of arrows near at hand.

Likes: Making people do stupid things, laughing when they do, making scathing comments, ripping people off, people not noticing her.

Dislikes: People resisting her, people insulting her, quietness, peace.

Others: Up for love, but you'll probably never get her.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:33 pm
Justagirl says...

Name: Adam Wright

Power/Circus Act: Adam can speak in people's minds. If he speaks loud enough (yells) it will usually stun people. If he screams in their mind, they'll be knocked out. His circus act is in the Haunted House. When he feels people's minds near him, he'll make a few of them confused and stunned by yelling scary things into their minds.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
Adam has a very bad-boy look. He usually has a bit of stubble on his face and keeps his head shaved.

Personality: Adam is a tough guy, just like he looks. When he meets new people he'll let his eyes lazily travel down their body, then back up, knowing that it makes most people uncomfortable. He gives a snarky grin most of the time before walking away from people if he's bored in the conversation. He doesn't have a short temper, but enjoys getting people worked up. He won't fight them, usually he'll just stun them and walk away, smirking. When people start messing with him with their powers, though, he gets really mad, and if he's irritated enough, he'll scream in their mind to stop them.

Weaknesses/Strengths:
WEAKNESSES: Nobody really know, but Adam has a bit of a weakness for little girls. He'll try to protect them without really realizing it, and usually something will slip out of his mouth if somebody insults a young girl. Since he doesn't have any friends or people to talk to and let out his feelings with in a safe way, he can often take things out on people that he doesn't know, like people in his Haunted House.
STRENGTHS: He doesn't take any crap from anyone, which keeps him on the edges of friendship with most people, but keeps him from getting hurt. Also, he has a great handle on his power. He understands it fully and can always use it in moderation, if he'd like.

Likes/Dislikes:
LIKES: Unnerving people, young girls (11 and under), being alone, using his power.
DISLIKES: When people can get to him and start unnerving him, when he can't control his feelings, people who aren't easily unhinged.

Other: He used to have a dog that he'd experiment on with his power. Eventually, after screaming too hard at the dog, he killed it. Now he's a bit sour towards all canines but if he gets to know them, he'll protect them like they were his own.
Last edited by Justagirl on Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:37 pm
untameabletiger says...

I'd like to reserve a girl who has telekinesis and invisibility. :3
and possibly another person with duplication :D

Reviews: 4
Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:58 pm
crmcgill says...

I'd like to reserve a girl who can morph into animals. Obviously, she is the animals in the show.
Open the gates and seize the day! Don't be afraid and don't delay.

To die would be an awfully big adventure.

I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Just call me Gill!

61 Reviews

Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:31 am
RedBird says...

Okay, spots are reserved, but get profiles up within the next week!
~Snape, AVPM

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:21 am
untameabletiger says...

Name: Andrilyn "Andy" Summers

Power/Circus Act: Duplication and very stretchy. She Acts as a contortionist and can duplicate not fully to make a weird attraction (like a two headed person)

Appearance: Andy is VERY tall like most contortionists and has a curvy but pretty slender frame. Her hair is blonde and goes down to the lower part of her back. Her eyes are a clear blue green color and she has very full lips with snakebites and white teeth. Her legs are very muscular, with a sort of elegance.
Spoiler! :
ImageImageImage Image

Personality: Andrilyn is an optimistic feminist, who sticks by her beliefs. She's always smiling and is sometimes overly sweet. She will do what ever it takes to keep her and her "family" safe. She is extremely good at cheering people up and is basically the motivational speaker for the group. Some people find her attitude overbearing or annoying, but she knows who she is and is not willing to change. Though she sticks by her beliefs , she doesn't like to argue, so if she disagrees with you on something she will probably let it go. She is not afraid to admit when she is wrong in a situation.

Weaknesses/Strengths Physically, her strongest feature is her legs for unknown reasons. Andy is very street smart , but not so much book smart. She has a very high metabolism , so she is ALWAYS hungry. She has Anemia, a lack of iron, so she gets weak sometimes. She doesn't like to fight at all but when she does, she has really good aim and forceful kicks. She is also half blind.

Likes/Dislikes: Likes: Protective people, her "misfit" family, writing, drawing, female rights, music. Dislikes: Snotty people, pessimists, those chasing them, Cocky people, having anemia, being half blind.

Other: He old notebook is the most important thing in the world to her.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:34 am
View Likes
thestorygirl says...

She is a FireBreather, which is obviously her act. And she's a good one.
Last edited by thestorygirl on Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nella vita vi è la distruzione, desolazione nella morte, ma c'è speranza nella rivoluzione.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:21 am
crmcgill says...

Name: Mitzi Delancey

Power/Circus Act: She can morph fully into any animal that she has seen. She preforms in the show as a horse, a lion, a tiger, a bear, and an elephant.

Appearance: She always wear a pair of jeans with a yellow t-shirt and a leather jacket. She never takes off her boots, no matter what. She is a small person, almost bird-like, except for the fact that she is very intimidating. Her very presence in a room makes people nervous. She is very sly, and always looks like she just might beat you up.
Spoiler! :

Personality: Despite her frightening looks, Mitzi is not as mean as she looks. She has a biting sarcastic sense of humor, but she mostly makes fun of people she doesn't like. She does have a semi-short fuse, and too much anger might make her want to fight. She sticks by her friends, and gets very angry at people who try to hurt them. She grew up on the streets of New York, so she has learned to have a very strong sense of survival.

Weaknesses/Strengths: Transforming into an animal makes her very tired, and she usually has to nap after the show. The longer she stays an animal, the more she loses sense of her humanity and the harder it is for her to change back. She can change into anything from a flea to a elephant, so it very hard for her to be caught. She is naturally good at running, climbing, and she taught herself to fistfight so that she would survive as a street rat. She keeps a pair of brass knuckles with her at all times

Likes/Dislikes: She absolutely loves animals, and spends a lot of time a zoos so that she can change into a wider range of animals and so that she can be closer to them. She loves to play her harmonica and enjoys making people who look down on her embarassed. She doesn't like killing people, but she has no problem with busting a few heads. She likes the smell of a campfire, and she sometimes turns into a falcon just so that she can go flying. Having spent time as many animals, she detests meat and is a vegan.

Other: Since she grew up in the slums of the Bronx, she has a very, very thick Bronx accent. She doesn't exactly use good grammar either. (I'll show this in her dialogue. Somebody tell me if it's too hard to read, though.) One of the only things that she ever liked to study was history, specifically the history of streets rats like her. She adopted some of the slang from the late 1800's/very early 1900's. I'll post a little Mitzi dictionary later. Oh, and she loves to gamble, especially poker. She's a bit of a card shark and can beat just about anybody.
Up for love, is she doesn't accidently scare you away.
Last edited by crmcgill on Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Just call me Gill!

Reviews: 0
Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:30 am
July says...

*May I reserve a female with Gravity Manipulation? She can be used as an acrobat.
Last edited by July on Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Substitute "damn" every time you're inclined to write "very"; your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be.
Mark Twain

61 Reviews

Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:43 am
RedBird says...

Sure thing!
~Snape, AVPM

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:50 am
thestorygirl says...

Name: Aylia Grey

Power/Circus Act: She can breathe and create fire out of nothing. She is also very skilled with throwing daggers so that could also be her act.

Appearance: The picture is at the bottom. She is very thin and short, and has long black hair. Her eyes are blue, and she has really long eyelashes. She tends to where all black, and never ever wears dresses. Despite her affinity for black she does always wear a pair of white combat boots.

Personality: She is very manipulative, and will do whatever she has to so she can get what she wants. She can be sweet when she wants to, but that's almost always just so she can manipulate you. You can't ever tell if she's lying about something, but she has almost no way to tell when you're lying to her.

Weaknesses/Strengths: She is very good at lying, manipulating, and throwing her knives. She can't tell when she's being lied to. If you're a good friend to her, she is often very vunerable to you.

Likes/Dislikes: She likes fire, deserts, people (sometimes), and really heavy storms. She hates apples, canoes, pumpkins, orange, Michael Jackson, and Rome.

Other She has long scars up her back and arms, and a falcon she keeps as a pet.
Attachments
thumbnailCAM12P2G.jpg
This is her
thumbnailCAM12P2G.jpg (5.49 KiB) Viewed 302 times
Nella vita vi è la distruzione, desolazione nella morte, ma c'è speranza nella rivoluzione.

Reviews: 0
Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:18 pm
July says...

Name: Asher Connelly

Power/Circus Act: Her power is Gravity Manipulation. She can change the gravitational pull around objects and herself to either make then heavier or lighter. With enough concentration she can even levitate. In the circus she is the acrobat.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Asher is generally a very friendly person. She has an easy time making friends and loves to be around other people. She is a loyal friend and would do anything to protect them. She does not give much advice, but she figures that if you tell her and walk yourself though it you'll figure out something. She is also a good listener. When she is quiet, inattentive and unresponsive, that is when you know something is wrong.

Weaknesses/Strengths: Her weakness is that she does not like to hurt people, but she will restrain someone. She has a lot of physical strength dew to practicing and preforming.

Likes/Dislikes: She like oranges, drawing, practicing, laying the sun and taking naps/sleeping under the sun. She dislikes apples, the rain and quiet.

Other: She has a tattoo of a star on her front hip.
Spoiler! :
Last edited by July on Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Substitute "damn" every time you're inclined to write "very"; your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be.
Mark Twain

Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:28 am
crmcgill says...

Mitzi's Slang Dictionary

Grafter: criminal/bad person What a buncha grafta's!
Scab/Scabber: sellout, traitor, or anybody she doesn't like C'mon ya scabba, wanna fight?
Bulls: the police Hey, its da Bulls!
Whadda ya hear/Whadda ya say: a greeting, such as hello
Guttersnipe: a homeless person We'se just a buncha guttasnipes.
Muttonhead: an idiot Shut it, muttonhead.
Diggins: a place to sleep I'se gotta find me some diggins.
Cheese it: shut up, forget it, run away (a very universal term) Cheese it, will ya?
Soak/Soaked: either being beat up or doing the beating I'se soaked 'em real good!
Off a trolley: crazy You'se off ya trolley?

Just call me Gill!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:51 pm
xXmusicaXx says...

Emm.. If I'm not too late, (As usual), Can I reserve a spot for an 11 yr old girl (good misfit) and a 15 year old boy (evil misfit)?
"Married to music - 'nuff said."
"Freedom is everything to me."

"Have you any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?"
"I shall futterwacken vigorously"
~ Tarrant Hightop, Alice in Wonderland.

If you receive a bribe, you must report it in your income.
— John Oliver