z

Young Writers Society

The Chosen Ones: Next Gen

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:18 am
View Likes
Ley says...

Welcome to the Villain and Hero Institute of Training!

A Beginner Storybook By: @Leya and @WeepingWisteria

V.A.H.I.T.png

Your character has been sorted into the school of good or evil within an Institute named V.A.H.I.T (Villain and Hero Institute of Training).

They are a son or daughter of one (or two) villains or heroes from either the Marvel or DC Universe. They come into the school dealing with angst of being placed in the school they didn't want, or happiness because they got exactly what they desired. On their first day of classes, a darkness overtakes the institute, and Wonder Woman has asked all students to be of help getting rid of it. Nobody knows which villain caused the disruption, but they're on to something.

She created a group called "The Chosen Ones". These are the students that she believes will be the most beneficial to helping get rid of the 'darkness'. Will your character overcome the challenges that come with it, or fail and be known as a coward?

Heroes live on forever in people's minds, but what if a villain was the only one who could fix it? What if its your own schoolmate, a hero, that decided to rebel and reign terror over your school? The time to find out is now. And Wonder Woman is awaiting your application.

Important Notes:

Spoiler! :
This storybook will take place in an alternate universe where Marvel characters and DC characters live amongst each other. There is an agency called V.A.H.I.T (Villain and Hero Institute of Training) that trains new and upcoming heroes and villains. This is a neutral institution that trains all types of major figures: such as children of heroes and children of Villains.

The headmistress is Wonder Woman. She finds joy in helping others, regardless of whether or not they are a hero and a villain. Some villains attend V.A.H.I.T simply to get a one up on their foes, and others attend in attempt to become good. There are two schools in V.A.H.I.T, one for the good, and one for the evil. These groups will be organized once you finish your profiles, but be careful on what you put.

Parent Options:

Villains:
Here is an incomplete list of villain parents you may choose for your character:
  • The Joker
  • Harley Quinn
  • Poison Ivy
  • Scarecrow
  • Killer Croc
  • The Abomination
  • Loki
  • Green Goblin
  • The Enchantress
  • Lady Deathstrike

Heroes:
Here is an incomplete list of hero parents you may choose for your character:
  • Batman
  • Superman
  • The Flash
  • Aquaman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Ironman
  • Black Widow
  • Ant Man/Ant Woman
  • Thor
  • Hawkeye

Of course, if you have another hero/villain in mind that belongs to either universe, please feel free to run it by us!

Character Profiles:

Spoiler! :
Where you end up isn't entirely up to you. Your characters will be evaluated and sorted based on your character profile, and the questions that they're asked. It also depends heavily on which power you choose your character to have.

Character Template
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age (15-18):[/b]
[b]Villain/Hero Parent(s):[/b]
[b]Powers:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]

Please answer the following questions to the best of your ability:
[b] If your stuck in a morally grey situation, how would you get out of it, or what steps would you take to get the result you want?[/b]

[b]What's your favorite color, and why?[/b]

[b] Name one person who has inspired you, and explain why. [/b]

[b]Which sea animal is better/more equipped: A seal, or a whale? (we need a definite answer in order to be considered) Explain.[/b]

The Chosen Ones:

1. @Leya - (Poison Ivy/The Joker )
2. @WeepingWisteria - (Squirrel Girl/Hawkman)
3. @KateHardy - (Supergirl/Lena Luthor)
4. @LadyMysterio - (Enchantress/Loki)
5. @Spearmint - (Green Goblin)
6. @Spearmint (Green Lantern)
7. @RangerofIthilien - (Thor)
8. @JazzElectrobass - (Iron Man)
9. @KocoCoko - (Zatanna/John Constantine
10. @Lovestrike -
11. @Zyria - (The Riddler/The Mad Hatter)
12. @DreamyAlice -

“Look at that moon. Potato weather for sure.”
Thornton Wilder, Our Town

Ley
She/Her
Potato Enthusiast

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:41 am
View Likes
Ley says...

Viper

In collaboration with: @WeepingWisteria and @KateHardy

The Darkness had been there for weeks, now. Normally, Viper would love the eerie and misty air, but it'd gotten tiring. Wonder Woman had made a quick announcement when The Darkness arrived, guaranteeing that all of the students would be safe and looked-out for. But why? Why would they need a group, why would they need the Chosen Ones if it was nothing to worry about?

The daughter of Ivy and Joker stalked the hallways, an agitated look on her face. Her boots squeaked annoyingly against the tile floors from the rain-- and her eye makeup was almost completely smeared. A hint of purple peeked through her bright red lipstick, so she stopped at her locker and fixed it in the handy-dandy minature mirror she'd hung on the metal door. She pursed her lips when she finished and winked at her reflection.

Jupiter, her pet Venus Fly-Trap, stayed tucked away in her side-bag. His little head popped up every once and a while, sensing others, but soon fell back asleep as he realized there was no real threat, "Hush," Viper whispered to him, stroking the plant's prickly bloom, "You're always so uptight. Chill out a little, will you?"

Jupiter did nothing but let out a small croak, before falling back asleep into an endless world of slumber. Oh, how she wished she were Jupiter. Just a singular, cared for plant in this messed up world. Though, she loved the beauty in the fight, and loved the grace that came with death.

There was a loud crack beside her, just out of view. "Hello."

Viper tensed, but soon relaxed when she saw Rodentia's bright orange head of hair, "Oh. It's you."

Rodentia nodded, fishing out the walnut from the shell she just cracked. Most likely with her teeth. "It's me." She popped the liberated walnut into her mouth before reaching into her utility belt and fishing out a fistful of shelled walnuts. She held them out to Viper.

Viper smiled, taking the walnuts, and raised an eyebrow, "Aren't you going to crack them for me? You're always so good at it. Plus, I just did my nails."

"I can crack them for you." She also popped the empty shell into her mouth before grabbing a walnut from Viper's hand and cracking it. With her fingers this time, thankfully. She tapped the shell until the walnut fell into Viper's free hand.

Viper threw it in her mouth, Jupiter waking. He nipped at Viper's shirt, a plea for attention. And walnuts.

"Oh, stop it," Viper scolded, "You wouldn't even like it."

She pulled her bright red hair into a tight bun in attempt to hide the frizzyness that The Darkness caused. Students shuffled by them, staring. It wasn't normal for villains to only be friends with heroes, but Viper really didn't care. They were the odd ones around here, and there was no hiding it. She enjoyed sticking around people that understood her. Plus, the villains could leave all the strategical mastermind stuff to the overacheiver. Viper just wanted to stay as unnoticed as possible.

"I can ask the birds to fetch him a snack too." She cracked another walnut for her.

"He just ate," Viper closed her locker, "he's playing you like a dog."

"You can have just eaten but want a snack."

"He's on a diet," Viper lied, and turned to her friend, "What class do you have next? And where the heck is Alura?"

"Hmm. I think Theory of Superhero Pseudynoms? And she tried to eat the shells again and got them stuck in her teeth. She's in the bathroom fishing them out."

"I have Psychology of Fear, as if I don't already know all of it already. Y'know, they treat me like a freaking idiot here. Like I don't know anything. If my father knew, he's come up in here with stink bombs and reign his own darkness over this school," Viper muttered and leaned against the lockers, "And I need to have a conversation with Alura about eating shells."

"ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT MEEE?" A small and very fast blonde missile promptly wrapped both of them into a hug and knocked them about five feet backwards.

"Be careful!" Viper screeched and held onto Jupiter, "He just fell back asleep!"

"Sorrryy Jupiterrr. He won't mind thoughhh. He likes mee."

Jupiters mouth opened affectionately, nipping in Alura's direction, "Oh my gosh. Fine." Viper removed Jupiter from her bag and placed him in Alura's hands, "Five minutes. That's it. You're making him soft."

Alura beamed planting a kiss on Viper's cheek, then Rodentia then cooing at Jupiter. "Aren't you the cutest little thing?"

Rodentia made a weird whistling sound, and without warning a hawk flew through the halls, deposited a small lizard into her hands, and left. "Snack."

Viper threw up her hands, but dropped them when she saw how excited Jupiter got, "If you keep spoiling him, he'll end up full and throw up all over my bag."

Rodentia looked horrified, putting away the lizard sheepishly. "I don't want to make him sick..."

"Also, Alura, stop eating shells. You are not a squirrel."

Alura huffed. "If you try hard enough, I'm sure its doable. I almost did it this timee. You see. The key is the angle of yo..."

"Angle of what? You're digestive system?" Viper chuckled, and took back Jupiter, wiping the excess lipstick from her hand, "You know what, keep eating them. Matter of fact, I bet you can't eat more than 3."

Alura booped her nose. "That's not fairrr. Now I have to do itt."

Viper smirked, but it faded fast as a son of Superman strode by them with a proud and stupid grin on his face. Viper growled, and narrowed her eyes, but soon turned her attention back to Rodentia and Alura, "Did you guys get that letter back from Headmistress Wonder Woman yet? I haven't."

"What letter?" Rodentia cocked her head as she cracked another walnut with her teeth.

"I heard some people have gotten their acceptance letters for The Chosen Ones already, but I haven't. And I'm almost certain I got in."

"Oooh. Auntie did say something about that." Alura looked up and down the hallway before leaning in much closer than anyone would consider necessary and whispering much too loudly. "You're totally inn."

Viper allowed a massive grin to plaster across her faded green face. "I knew it! I freaking knew it. I guess it's just a waiting game then. What about Rodentia?"

"She's in tooo." Alura grinned. "I mean was there ever any doubt. You two are like so coooll."

The bell rang, and Viper groaned, "Someone kill me now. Actually, no. Scratch that. Don't do that," she adjusted her bag, "What are we doing later? Y'know, if we don't get this letter today. I'm tired of being locked inside because of this stupid plague, or whatever it is. I say we sneak out."

Alura promptly wrapped Viper in a protective hug. "Nuuu. No one is killing youu. Not with me around."

Viper allowed herself to stay in Alura's arms for just a second, but soon pulled back awkwardly. She took in each of their facial features longingly before taking a few steps back, "Later. Sneaking out. I don't wanna hear any no's. Let's get out and have fun for a night."

"The bats can be our watch."

"Yesss," Viper high fived them and looked towards her class, "I'll see you both later?"

"Okayyy." Alura grinned. "Oooh maybe I can usk Uncle Bruce for like a cool mask or something. Or not. He might tell mom. Unless I bribe him again with cookies. But cookies are hard to find when you can't leave. Hmm, cool mask later."

"Maybe buy him cookies with cool mask?" Rodentia waved. "Bye Viper!"

"Noo. He doesn't trust me to give him masks. Not after that time I very accidentally of course gave him the pink unicorn mask." Alura turned and waved too. "Byee. See you soon. Keep being so awesomeee bringing umm... terror to everyone!!"

Viper chuckled at their banter and waved back, dissapearing behind the corner of the hallway. Jupitar knawed on her bag-strap, agitated that he didn't get the lizard. Viper rolled her eyes and arrived at The Psychology of Fear. When she walked in, she immediately noticed a folded piece of paper on the desk, sealed by a red wax design. She rushed to the seat and opened it quickly, eyes widening as she read it to herself:

Dear Viper Jesterine Chaosborne,

Due to your excellence in Botany and Poison Manipulation, I, as Headmistress, have elected to formally invite you to be an esteemed member of the Chosen Ones. This is a highly serious matter and I hope you will give it the honor and the respect it deserves.

One of the main things I need from you is dedication. So I implore you to dedicate yourself to arriving to our first strictly mandatory meeting happening at The Auditorum at 9:00PM tonight sharply. Being late will result in severe penalties, up to your expulsion from the group. Please show your letter at the door. And please, no plus ones. You are expected to be wearing your action costume. If you have yet to acquire one, please show up in something that allows you to easily use your skill set.

We look forward to your unwavering dedication to serving our school and the greater good.

Signed,
Headmistress Wonder Woman.

Viper rolled her eyes.

The greater good. What a joke.

She scoffed and shoved the letter messily into her bag, eyeing Jupiter in warning to not tear it up. She couldn't even count how many times she had to explain to a professor that her homework was literally eaten by a plant.

The class started to pile in one by one just as Professor Mystique entered the room, her blue skin mostly covered by a form fitting suit. The villain sat at her desk and opened her laptop, typing frantically. Something must be happening.

Viper signed heavily and leaned her head against her hand impatiently.

"Alright, everyone," Mystique started, "Let's get this class going, shall we?"
“Look at that moon. Potato weather for sure.”
Thornton Wilder, Our Town

Ley
She/Her
Potato Enthusiast

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:12 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Rodentia Green
in collaboration with @KateHardy

Rodentia groaned as she waited for Dr. Pym to open the classroom. He was probably spinning his wheel to see what costume would be next. She looked to Alura, frowning as she broke the shell of another walnut.

"You okay?"

"He doesn't let me eat in there. Says that the crunching is too distracting."

Alura patted her shoulder. "I know. He's evil sometimes."

"Who do you think he's going to be today? He hasn't been Goliath in a while."

"Hmmmm. I meann. I can hear him outside. I could tell youuu. The correct answerrr."

"He just spun the wheel. He never says the answer out loud anymore."

"I mean I can see the answer if I peek just right."

"Then that's no fun." She ate another walnut, chewing slowly to savor the taste. Walnuts were sixty-five percent fat. Which made them a good food to keep her metabolism at bay. It blew through three meals a day terrifyingly fast. And she quickly learned that leaving her stomach idle was a pointedly bad idea. Walnuts, however, were tasty and a good solution!

"I knoww. Sorryy." She closed her eyes. "So what's your guess?"

"I think Goliath."

She nods. "I agree."

"But if we both guess the same thing, it's much more likely we're both wrong."

Alura pouts. "But if we guess different, one of us is guaranteed to be wrong."

"That's what makes it a game." She shoved the remaining shells into her mouth.

"Is it a game for you to eat outside of my class?" Dr. Pym walked out, wearing his Ant-Man costume without the mask.

Rodentia swallowed. "I was just getting rid of all of the waste, Doctor."

Doctor Pym looked a little nauseous before gesturing inside. "Come in, students!"

All of the students filed in, sitting in their seats. Of course, Rodentia and Alura were next to each other. Rodentia sat patiently as Dr. Pym started scrawling on the board.

"I hope you all did your ancestry projects because your presentation is today."

Rodentia looked at Alura.

"I didd. Did youu?"

Rodentia nodded as Dr. Pym glared at her. "Ms. Luther. Are you volunteering to go first?"

"Should I bee?"

"You're talking like you're prepared enough to be."

"I'm sure so many people are preparedd and are all excited to do this."

"Get up to the Podium, Ms. Luther."

"To ask who really wants to go first? I can do thatt."

"To go first." He glared at her. "Unless you want detention instead."

She gasped. "Really? Wait, was I supposed to go firstt this whole timee? Did I forgott? I'm sorry if I did."

Dr. Pym looked angry enough to burst a blood vein. "Get up here. Now."

"If you insisttt." She skipped her way to the podium.

"So. For those of you who missed class or are playing dumb. I asked you all to research your superhero parents's alias. To find out why they picked it and what it means to them. Understood?"

The class murmured in understanding.

"So, Ms, Luther. Who will you be sharing about today?"

"Well. It was actually really hardd but I think I finally settled on my mom."

"Finally? You just decided right now?"

"Of course nott. I decided on the way up to the podiumm."

"Did you do any research?"

"I asked my mom like a lot of questions."

"And Auntie Cat. She was the one who named mom you know. It was soo cool to hear about that." Alura giggled. "And well..I'd tell you more but that would be spoilers. Tune in to find out more." She grinned widely.

Dr. Pym sighed. "Get on with it."

"Alrighttttt." She did a full twirl and jumped into the air several times. "Oh my god I'm so excitedd. Are you excited too Dr. Pym? Have you been ant..icipating this for a while?" She beamed in that way that Rodentia knew meant she was very proud of herself.

Rodentia barely managed to suppress a snicker, but she knew Alura heard it. Dr. Pym just gave her a blank look.

She pouted, looking defeated. "It was a punnn. Get itt. Ant-icipating. And you're Ant Man? And its like your superhero name. Which is the topic. Like I mean otherwise I could've said hank-icipating? But like that would be incomplete you know?"

"What you're currently not completing is your given assignment."

She huffed. "So do I start then?"

"Please."

"Alrighttt." She did another spin.

"So we're talking about my mom. She's like the coolest. She's so kind and so smart. And she helps me so much. And she helped my mama so much. And our neighbor. And the neighbor's dog.."

"Get to the point."

Rodentia just leaned against her hand and listened to her, smiling.

"Right sorry." She gave everyone a sheepish look. "Don't get ol' Alura started. You know what they say. Its just like...ahhh. There's so much good to spread."

Dr. Pym looked ready to give her an F. Rodentia couldn't help but giggle.

"Soo anywayy. My mom goes by..." She fished around in her pocket, fiddling for a bit before a drumroll played. "Supergirl." She did a little dance.

"Ms. Luther, you are aware this is supposed to be an academic presentation, correct?"

"Of course. What other kind would it bee?"

"You are being very unacademic right now."

"Ohh. Sorryy. I just wanted to...establish some background. Just a little. And its such an exciting topic to talk about."

"Please get to what is actually a part of your rubic."

"Alrightttttttttttt." Alura did another twirl. "Somebody's being a little impym-atient." She giggled and immediately went onto her actualy presentation.

"So my mother was named by Cat Grant, someone I'm most of you have heard of. She was the first write about my mother. She gave her the name..." She went on for a little bit referencing the actual date and issue the specific article was in and a few thoughts from Ms. Grant on why he picked that particular name.

"...and yeah. But my mom wasn't super happy with it back then She always said she wanted to be Superwoman because Uncle Clark was Superman and hey my mom was actually older than him." Her voice dropped to a whisper. "Yes my mom changed Superman's diaper. He was apparently a really cute baby." She giggled. "But I think Auntie Grant convinced her that Supergirl would be more captivating and over time she grew to love it. I think she made a good choice, you know. Just inspiring us girls that we could all be super." She did a little jump. "I will say the second my mom found out I had powers there was a very funny dinner with Ms Grant where she was like can I be superwoman finally because the world has a new Supergirl. She got shut down so fast I felt so sorry for her and volunteered to be Super Young Female but I think that name was so bad Ms. Grant almost choked on her pasta and we decided to pick a name for another time."

Rodentia definitely giggled there. Just loud enough to get a glare.

"But yeah that about sums up how my mom got her name and why despite a little rocky start with it, she grew to really embrace it and I think I don't have to exactly point out just how familiar and inspiring it is. I can only hope to bring a fraction of a fraction of the light and hope she inspires in so many hearts with just that name alone. Love you so much mom. You're the best." She did a small bow, dabbing at her eyes so fast no one could see anything but a blur.

Rodentia applauded her, the entire class joining in. Everyone adored Alura for her bright spirit. Rodentia wished she could be like her.

She gave a little bow and quite literally floated back to her seat.

Rodentia grinned. "That was soo good."

"You thinkkk? Thank youuuu." She hugged her tight. "You're always so supportivee. I'm sure yours will be incredible though. Your researching skills are like...going to put Uncle Bruce to shame."

Rodentia blushed. "But I don't talk nearly as good as you..."

Alura huffed and put her arms on her shoulders. "Rodentia Green. You have some of the most wonderful things to say at all times. The observation you make. The way you spin words backed up by the diligent and wonderful research you do. It deserves to be heard all over the world and respected." She leaned in a little closer. "Everyone is always so interested in what you have to say. So go out there and do what you do best. If it helps you can look at me. I guarantee everyone will love it. And everyone will leave this class smarter and happier for having listened to you."

Dr. Pym cleared his throat. "Are you two done?"

Rodentia flinched. "Y-Yes!"

Alura didn't bat an eye, just flashing him a thumbs up and a wide grin.

"Rodentia, why don't you come up then?"

Rodentia gulped and walked up to the podium. She felt everyone's eyes on her. She tried to imagine them as squirrels, but squirrels were a lot less scary.

She swallowed. "Um. H-Hello." She gripped the podium.

Dr. Pym gestured for her to continue.

"My... my mother is Squirrel Girl. She... she named herself that because she thought she was a mutant because of... you know. The tail. And the teeth. She accidentally ate many forks."

Alura snickered quietly from the audience, well as quietly as she was capable of. Her voice was naturally loud enough that whispers from her was normal volume to most people.

Rodentia smiled again. "She picked girl not woman, one because she picked it in high school, and two... it rhymed. Which created a little theme within her super squad with heroes Koi Boy and Chipmunk Hunk." She took a deep breath. "My mother Squirrel Girl wanta her name to signify a hero who believes that everyone deserves a chance. And I hope I can do that same too."

She nervously smiled. "Thank you."

Alura stood up clapping loudly. "That was awesome!!" About half of the class quickly followed suit.

Rodentia blushed profusely and rushed back to her seat. "That was embarrassing. So embarrassing."

Alura pulled her into a hug. "You were amazing."

Rodentia squeaked. She patted her shoulder.

"It was okay..."

"It. Was. Amazing."

She huffed.

The door to the classroom opened, a student that looked a little winded. "Delieveries! For..." They squinted at the envelopes in their hands. "S'Alura Luther and Rodentia Green."

Alura beamed. "I think its the lettersss."

The student looked around. "Who is Rodentia and S'Alura?"

Rodentia waved.

"This girl right here." Alura pointed enthusiastically.

"That's only one girl." The student frowned.

"And meee."

"Okay." They zipped over to give them the two letters. "Alright! Sorry for the interruption." He zipped out of the classroom.

Rodentia fingered the red seal, swallowing. Oh. It really arrived. She smiled at Alura.

"Thank youuuu," Alura yelled after him before retuning her smile. "Its here."

"Does your aunt send rejection letters?"

"Nuuuuu."

"Well then, let's open it and see."

"Go onn."

She broke the wax seal. She was so nervous. She couldn't exactly talk the Darkness into going away. Or give it nuts. Alura was probably much better because she had so many superpowers! But Rodentia didn't.

Dear Rodentia Green,

Due to your excellence in speed, strength, and species communication, I, as Headmistress, have elected to formally invite you to be an esteemed member of the Chosen Ones. This is a highly serious matter and I hope you will give it the honor and the respect it deserves.

One of the main things I need from you is dedication. So I implore you to dedicate yourself to arriving to our first strictly mandatory meeting happening at The Auditorium at 9:00PM tonight sharply. Being late will result in severe penalties, up to your expulsion from the group. Please show your letter at the door. And please, no plus ones. You are expected to be wearing your action costume. If you have yet to acquire one, please show up in something that allows you to easily use your skill set.

We look forward to your unwavering dedication to serving our school and the greater good.

Signed,

Rodentia clasped the letter tighter. Maybe she could make Mom proud. Her first big villain! In high school! Yeah, her mother would be so proud
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

4103 Reviews

Reviews: 4103
Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:18 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

S'Alura Zor-El

in collaboration with @WeepingWisteria

Dear S'Alura Zor-El,

Due to your excellence in Combat and Problem Solving, I, as Headmistress, have elected to formally invite you to be an esteemed member of the Chosen Ones. This is a highly serious matter and I hope you will give it the honor and the respect it deserves.

One of the main things I need from you is dedication. So I implore you to dedicate yourself to arriving to our first strictly mandatory meeting happening at The Auditorium at 9:00PM tonight sharply. Being late will result in severe penalties, up to your expulsion from the group. Please show your letter at the door. And please, no plus ones. You are expected to be wearing your action costume. If you have yet to acquire one, please show up in something that allows you to easily use your skill set.

Signed,

Alura gave her letter a quick glance. She knew most of what was in it. She'd gotten a little peek already from Auntie. Well maybe she wasn't supposed to have gotten a peek but it wasn't like it would hurt anyone.

She put it away, smiling widely. It was amazing to be chosen. It was terrifying too. Absolutely. Everyone was going to expect her to do well. Well, to be the best pretty much. Because that's how amazing her mom was. Of course her mom was even more amazing than that because she always said that Alura only had to do her best. She knew that everyone that mattered would be happy with her as long as she put in enough effort but that didn't stop her from worrying about it still.

Rodentia hugged her. "We got innn."

Alura instinctively hugged her back. "We got innn."

"You're going to do so great!"

"You're going to do even better!"

"Impossible."

"Equal?" She offered a truce.

"Fine." Rodentia shook her hand.

She grinned. "Yessss."

"But it's only until you obviously beat me."

Alura gasped. "I could neverrr."

"We'll seeeee."

Alura nodded gravely. "We'll see." She had absolutely no doubt that she would never fight Rodentia much less beat her. There was just absolutely no way whatsoever.

Rodentia giggled. "And we get to be with Viper more!"

Alura nodded. "Yess. It'll be soo cooll. All three of us togetherrr."

"We'll be unstoppable!"

"Nothing will dare stand in our way."

Dr. Pym cleared his throat. "Please have those conversations in your own time."

Alura shrieked. "Sorryy." She really hoped he wasn't mad with her today. He was frowning so much. Maybe he needed cookies? Or ice cream? Or a hug? Or like all of those things?

He sighed and called the next presenter. The class soon fell into a rhythm as they all came up one by one. Alura made sure to cheer everyone on of course. They were all doing so well. Maybe there was one person who hadn't actually done any research at all. Or had accidentally looked up the history of their favorite superhero instead of a parent but hey they'd put in some sort of work too. Even the one who'd forgotten managed to come up with something on the spot. It deserved applause.

But, all too soon the class came to an end. Rodentia grinned. "You ready for strength training?" She was immediately grabbing a fistful of walnuts as they walked out of the classroom.

Alura nodded. "Absolutely. I'm looking forward to seeing what they've managed to come up with this week. Its always pretty funny." She grinned. "And plenty of free moments to try those shells without being yelled at. Not that that's a top priority or anything."

Rodentia giggled. "Viper told you not to eat anymore."

"But she challenged meee. Like how can I nottt? I know she's just playing mee and wants to laugh at my sufferingg. But likeee.what if I do managee itt. Besides she's all cute when she laughs at my suffering."

Rodentia giggled. "You like herrrr."

"Of coursee. She's so coolll."

"No, you like... like like her."

"Uhh? I mean I like herrrr yesss." Alura frowned a little trying to understand. Viper made her feel happy when she was around. And she was so funnn. Definitely part of the hug on sight squad. What else was there to describe?

Rodentia giggled. "Like a crush. You have a crush."

Alura blanked. A crush. No. Never. Not her. Nope. Nuh uh. Nada. Nichido. Nahi. "I don'ttt."

"Oh, sorry!" Rodentia stuffed two walnuts, still shelled, into her mouth.

"Its okayy. Don't beee."

She smiled as she chewed. Alura hugged her gently. "Sorryy."

She squeaked and swallowed. "Why?"

"Just wanted to hug youuu."

"But why are you sorry?"

"You looked sadd."

"How? I was eating walnuts."

"See. Very saddd."

She pouted and gave a walnut to Alura. Alura accepted it happily. "Thank youu."

"Are you sad now?"

"Nuuu. Very happyy."

"See? Walnuts aren't sad."

"But when you have themmm like thatt. I know you feel a bit embarrassed. Don't hidee from meee."

Rodentia responded by promptly shoving the rest of the walnuts in her mouth. All of them shelled. Alura huffed and refused to let her go. She just kept going walking, easily pulling Alura along. Alura didn't mind. This was honestly quite comfortable.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

Random avatar

Reviews: 67
Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:24 pm
View Likes
deleted32 says...

VALENCE NIGMA

In collaboration with @LadyMysterio, @KateHardy, and @KocoCoko

Valence eyed her fry.
Actually, she'd been eying the health threat for a while now.
Food in this school was so different. So...greasy. She shuddered. The auburn-headed teenager didn't understand why her dads decided to throw her into this hell. They had posed it to her as a 'plan beyond her understanding' and to 'trust the mystery' and everything would reveal itself.
Whatever the hell that went.
Even when her dad made sense, he didn't make sense.
So far though, she'd found no answers, except that the teachers were idiots and the students mindless beasts.
She already knew most of the curriculum by heart. Honestly. Her parents were both god-damn villains, what imbecile thought it'd be a brilliant idea to send her abroad to learn the ways of evil when it practically ran in her blood?
Her stomach rumbled.
Well, she should probably eat something.
She turned back to the offending fry.
It still looked hazardous, with all its grease and that awful stench. It reminded her of death. Now, the food her dads stole from health food markets [by her demand of course], that was real stuff.
This...this was just death disguising itself at something remotely edible.
She shrugged.
Maybe it tasted better than it looked.
She inserted the fry into her mouth and...dramatically spit it out. Nope. Nope. Nope. Definitely tasted worse than it looked.
Amore peered down at the slightly soggy fry lying beside her sleek black boots, and then back up at the rather intriguing looking girl who sat at the table in front of her. She lifted her tray of food up higher, just in case, and peered over it, "Did they use the old fry oil again today?"
Val stared at the speaker. Amore, she remembered, daughter of some distant Asgaurdian God. She couldn't quite remember the name.
''No,'' she muttered, ''I think they used the wrong dietary consultant.''
Amore lowered her tray, "Uh huh. Well if it was from the same company who decorated this place, I'm not surpirsed."
Valence sighed.
''This whole place is awful. Why must I go through this torture when I can think of a million banks that need robbing right now.''
Then she started slightly.
''Hey wait did you...just respond to what I said?''
"A million banks? I can think of," She paused," I actually have no idea, and yes, I did respond. That is usually how a conversation works. Unless you're a mime maybe."
Valence glanced at Amore closely, slightly offended, but trying not to show it.
''You did not just imply that I'm a mime. And for your information genius, I do know how conversation works. It...It involves making words right? Do you think you're smarter than me or something?''
Amore started at the other villain for a moment, then looked around, then down at her feet, then back up, "Yknow what, that was a loaded sentence, so I'm sitting because I love my Louie Vittons but they were not made for standing on one spot." She set her tray down across from Val, dusted the chair off, and sat down, folding her hands and staring straight at Val.
"Ok so, technically I implied that conversation would be onesided or.... not sided? For a mime, not for you. And secondly," she tilted her head, "You're a very interesting, strange little person." She stretched her hand across the table, hand open to Val, "My names Amore Lokison, and smartness is not measured, so I'm honestly not sure whose's smarter.''
Valence studied Amore closely. She couldn't decide if she was being genuine or if she had decided to let it go for now.
''Well,'' she said, ''The names Charm. I thought I recognized you from somewhere. Your dad's the God of fashion right?''
Amore smiled slyly, as only the daughter of Loki and Amoura can, "Charm, hum. Like a lucky charm. And yes my father is absolutely the God of fashion and not Mischief. However, never mention that to him." She pushed her hand closer to Val, ''Also, as is the tradition of Midgaurdians, your supposed to shake hands. I really don't know why, but its supposed to be a greeting of goodwill." She paused, frowning, "At least i think so."
''Well tough luck, but I'm no goodwill charm, so I don't shake hands, sorry your majesty,'' Valence said with a sweet smile.
"Fair enough. I don't like this tradition anyway. Touching hands with strangers is weird."
''Hey,'' Valence pushed her serving of food towards Amore, ''Since we...don't hate each other, wanna eat my lunch for me? I can't stand this slop.''
Amore withdrew her hand, eyeing Charms lunch," That depends. How many of those have you touched."
"If you're not gonna have those, I will." Finally, Zariel poked her head out from the journal she had hidden herself in. Even so, she avoided looking at her "fellow" students. "I'm not as picky when it comes to germs or whatever. Food's food. I ain't wasting it like y'all might."
Valence grinned slightly to herself, an idea creeping into her mind.
''Okay listen up, I'll give my plate of food to whoever can correctly guess this one simple question.''
Amore turned back to Charm, she'd be studying the newly appeared student, and raised her eyebrows. "Interesting." She fully intended to give the fries to this new person, but what fun it was when things got a bit more.. riddely.
''What is it that given one, you’ll have either two or none?''
Amore tilted her slowly to one side, her blonde hair falling over her shoulder as she pondered this question. Her eyes slid over to the other student, watching her.
Zariel watched both the villians. Then, she scoffed. "You're gonna make me fight for some soggy, processed fries? Sheesh. Just when I thought you lot couldn't get any stranger."
Valence shrugged.
''Suit yourself.''
Amore lifted her head, leading towards Zariel, "You're an interesting one too aren't you." She waved her hand toward Val, "Besides, what else did you expect from the children of the Riddler and the God of Mischief." She squinted, "Not to mention you haven't introduced yourself yet."
''Stop. Whatever it is you're doing stop,'' Valence said slightly annoyed, ''You don't need to subject the poor thing to...a social life, that's what they call it, yes?''
"Social life,?" Amore chuckled, "What makes you think I'd have one of those.?"
''True. You must really be desperate if you're talking to the likes of me.''
Amore laughed, leaning back in her chair and propping her boots up on an empty one, "Or maybe I'm just bored. Or curious, or I know how to read people." she shrugged, ''Who knows"
"Please, reading people? Like you'd know anything about that," Zariel muttered to herself, slouching against the chair and crossing her arms like a pouty child. Why, oh, why of all places did she sit here!?
Amore looked Zariel up and down, "My my, I never knew how much people liked to assume things about me."
A smirk grew on her face. "It's not an assumption if I know it's a fact."
Amore tapped her fingers on the table," Good. I prefer my, whatever you wanna call them. To be well assured in themselves."
''Your poor hapless victims?'' Valence suggested.
"Says the person with the Riddler for a parent."
''Okay, you listen here,'' Valence snarled, ''It's funny when I pull the 'make fun of your parent card' but when you do it it's laughably pathetic''
Amore kicked her feet off the chair and folded her hands on the table again, "I'll make note of that dearie." Her eyes gleamed and a smile peeked out on her lips.
''Right, like I'd trust the child of Loki.''
The light dissipated from Amores eyes and a hand landed on the back Vals chair, "Oh I'd do better than trust." Amore looked down at Val, eyes darting over to her carbon copy still sitting across from her.
Zariel groaned. "Why can't you people ever just shut up? If you'd just zip it some of the time, a lot of your problems would just vanish, you know?" With that, she hid her head in her arms, ready for a nice long nap. Hopefully, they wouldn't interrupt her, but she had a feeling they would. They were villains. after all.
''Mhm, you just keep telling yourself that, Princess of trust,'' Val said in response to Amore, then got up from her seat, gathering her bags.
"HIII. Are youu Valence Nigmaa?" A very loud voice called out followed by heavy footsteps running across the hall. They was a squishing sound and a blonde missile collapsed right on top of Val.
''Get off of me, you blonde hooligan,'' Valence muttered, shoving the newcomer off.
"Oh my goddd. I'm so sorrryyy. I totally didn't see that. So blind sometimess. My mom keeps telling me I need to pay more attention to my surroundings. Like. Alura, watch out for banana peels. They are the bane of speedsters. Like my Uncle Barry told me about this one tiime..."
''Anyway,'' Valence interrupted before she had to suffer through a long drawn out tale, ''Yes, I am Valence Nigma. I assume you came here for a reason?''
"Yesssss." She did a little twirl and waved her arms excitedly. "Auntie..I mean Headmistress Diana Woman..wait no Wonder Mistress..ahhh...yes Wonder Woman. Sorry. You've been selecteddd. I have your letter for youu Enigmaaa. Wow that is such a cool name."
Valence stared at the poor confused child for a moment, then took the letter.
''Oh wonderful, the head-idiot has chosen me for something.''
She ripped open the envelope and pulled out the sheet of paper.

Dear Valence Nigma,

Due to your excellence in The Pychology of Heros and How to use It, and Engineering, I as Headmistress, have elected to formally invite you to be an esteemed member of the Chosen Ones. This is a highly serious matter and I hope you will give it the honor and the respect it deserves.

Signed,

Valence stared at the letter for a moment. Really? She wanted a villain to join a group called the Chosen Ones? And for excelling in a topic like ''The Pychology of Heros and How to use It'?
She sighed.
Why her dads decided to send her here with a delusional headmistress, a walking rainbow, an edgy fashionista, and a social shut-in was beyond her.
She tucked the letter in her pocket and headed to class.
She who calls the stars to shine

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:26 am
View Likes
KocoCoko says...

Zariel Zatara

in collaboration with @KateHardy

It wasn't often Zariel felt like a typical teenage girl. Or typical. Or a girl, for that matter. But here? Hiding in the bathroom while she brushed her hair? That was probably the closest she'd get. She wasn't sure how long she had been brushing her hair, but she needed some sort of excuse to stay out of the hallways. Nobody really bothered you in a bathroom, for obvious reasons. So, she just kept fixing her hair, unable to decide on a certain style. She wasn't exactly obsessed with her looks, but in a school full of psychos- sorry, villians- she wanted to look a little more civilized than usual.

Finally, she decided on some sort of lazy half-up, half down with already messy hair. She tied her black hair in a ponytail, letting her blonde roots do as they please, and that was that. She didn't need it to look completely perfect. Zariel only needed to carry herself better than the rest. Zariel watched herself in the mirror.

Is this how far she had fallen? Doing her hair in the most disgusting bathroom she'd ever seen, in a school full of villians? Villians! Zariel wasn't a villian! Well, she hoped not. What would her mom think? She wasn't sure her mom could take that sort of news...

She couldn't dwell on it too long, though. She wasn't a villian, but she could play the part. What was it called, anti-hero? Yeah, she could manage that. Besides, get your friends close and enemies closer, right? What was a better way to know your enemy then to take classes with them? It was a gift! A really dirty, grimy gift filled with crazy people that she had the 'pleasure' of eating lunch with.

At least they were entertaining, especially that Loki girl. Amy? Amory? Something like that. Whatever it was, something about that girl stuck out in her mind. Not in a good way... or bad way. Sort of just hanging out there. She wanted to know more about her. She seemed dangerous, but there was something more to that. Definitely someone to get closer to, as enemy and ally.

Zariel groaned one last time, fixing her cuffs one last time and before bracing herself to face the dark beast called 'the hallway.' Still, she lingered for a bit longer. She didn't... have to go out there, right? Yeaahh...

A bright blonde streak flew out from the hallway looking like it was beelining straight for her. "ZARIEL ZATARARA, no waittt Just ZATARA."

Zariel shrieked, moving out of the way as fast as she could. To little success, but the effort was there! She just stared at the blonde, too stunned to dare conjure up words.

The blonde just about barely came to a stop before smashing into her. "Hiiiiiiii. Are you Zariel Zatara? I have a delivery for herrr. Could you point me in her directionn? Also our hair is like...so cool. How did you pull that offf? Is it like a spell?? Am I asking too many questions? I'm asking too many questions aren't i? I knew it."

Zariel stared at the blonde for a moment, her mouth left hanging open as she glanced her up and down. "What... What in the world is wrong with you!? Maybe, just maybe, when you're trying to find people, don't run at them at the speed of light!" she snarled. "Just a thought. And yes, that is too many questions." Zariel took a deep breath before continuing. "I'm Zariel Zata-RA. And no, it's not a spell. It's a dye-job gone wrong. Now can you explain why you're looking for me before I do something to you that I might regret later?" She had to breath just a bit more, before whispering an embarrased "thanks for the compliment" while turning her face away.

"Sorryyyy. I didn't mean too run at youu. I mean I was running at youu. But like trying to find you you knoww. In a timely manner." Sorryy. "And sorry about your namee, it just flows like thatt Zariel Zatarararararararara." Her voice got progressively higher with each ra. "So beautiful." She grinned. "As for why I'm heree. Like I saiddd. Got a delivery for youu. Za...oh my. That's a tough pun. Do you have like a supervillain namee?"

Zariel was... not sure how to feel about the girl in front of her. Still, she stared at her with a hardened gaze. "Apology accepted, I guess, just stop doing that. The '-rarara-' thing. Zatara is my Grandpa's name. Dead grandpa. So... stop doing that. Thanks."

"Thank youuuu." She was promptly squeezed into a very tight hug. "That's so kind of youu."

A... hug? Physical connection!? Although fruitless, Zariel started trying to shove Alura off once the shock fully set in. Once the uselessness became apparent, she stopped fighting. Instead, she opted to pat Alura on the back to plead for release.

Alura finally let her go beaming.

Zariel smiled awkwardly. "You need to work on consent, I think. Oh, and um, I don't have a supervillian name. I'm..." she leaned in closer, "... not a supervillian. At all. I'm just Zariel. Okay?"

"Oooh. So you go by Just Zariel? Okiii. Is that short for like Justice?"

"Oh wow. Okay. You're really dumb. Zariel. My name is Zariel. That's it. No superhero or villian names, okay? Just my name. My mom's just Zatanna, so I'm Zariel. Make sense?"

"Awww. Okayy. More power to ya. I'm sure you'll come with a cool name someday soonnn." She patted Zariel on the shoulder. "So you want the letterr?"

She brushed it off just like that? Well, maybe this strange blondie did deserve a little respect. A little. "Depends. Is it going to blow up in my face or what?"

"No blowing upp. I promiseee." She held up an already opened letter. "I got one tooo. Can confirm it did not blow upp. You have the Alura guarantee, and Aluragreement." She grins.

Alura... Good to know. "Alright then. Hand it here." Zariel didn't wait and simply snatched it from the other's hands. "What's this thing about, anyways? Gotta be important if you're chasing people into bathrooms."

"It iss. You've been chosennn. For the chosen oness. Okay the more times I say that the more I think Auntie should've come up with a better name, but we'll work with this for now."

"What?" Zariel quickly tore the letter open, not minding any trash she'd have thrown on the floor.

Dear Zariel Zatara,

Due to your excellence in magic, the dark arts, and other such practices, I, as Headmistress, have elected to formally invite you to be an esteemed member of the Chosen Ones. This is a highly serious matter and I hope you will give it the honor and the respect it deserves.

Signed,

"You're kidding me..." Zariel deflated slightly, her eyes scanning over the same few words over and over. Honor? Respect? In a school that trained heroes AND villians?? Ha, please. Maybe Wonder Woman was the craziest one here! "Ah- I didn't say that out loud, did I?"

Alura giggled. "You're adorable. Don't worryy. Auntie honestly would agree. She can get a little crazy sometimes."

Her cheeks went red for a moment, then Zariel turned away. "I-I'm sure. And I'm even more sure I don't want to see a crazy Wonder Woman either! Wait- Auntie? She's your aunt? Wow." Yeahhhh... maybe she was starting to regret calling Alura stupid.

"Oh you'd love Auntie when she gets crazyy. Like right after my moms sing their favorite duet in Karaoke and then Uncle Clark decides he and Auntie Lois want to upstage them. And well...sort of. Not by blood, but I mean in all the ways that count."

Uncle Clark!? Oh, yeah. No more messing with this girl. Not for a while, at least. "I'm... um," Still with a hint of blush on her face, Zariel fiddled with the letter and struggled for words, "Glad you've got a good... support-family-system? Something, I guess? Yeahh... I'm sure 'Auntie' is plenty of fun, too."

"Awww thank youuu." She grinned. "Its really cool when everyone gets togetherr. Really makes you realiize that family has a lot more meanings that most people think." And her smile widened. "Its a good time. But enough about meee. Congratulations to youuu!! Getting selected!! That's like super coolll!"

Zariel cringed a bit when Alura went on and on about family, chuckling and nodding along with an uncomfortable expression. It only dropped when the subject changed. "Yeah, uh, thanks. You, too. I wasn't even really trying..." she admitted, fidgeting with one of her cross earrings. "I guess we'll be working together... then..." Oh no. She didn't even want to think about that just yet.

"We willl. I think it'll be so funn. You're pretty coool. And adorableee. And huggablee." She listed those off like they were the most important criteria in picking a superhero team. She beamed. "We can be friendss!" She held out her hand.

"Really?" For the first time since arriving at this wretched place, Zariel gave a genuine smile. Even the blush on her cheeks seemed much better with the newfound curve in her lips. Shyly, Zariel rubbed her cheek and did everything she could not to look at Alura. "I'm pretty sure you're describing yourself, but it's appreciated nonetheless." Zariel glanced over the letter one last time, before muttering a spell under her breath and snapping her fingers. The letter vanished in an instant, discared to the clutter of her backpack. She nodded at Alura, then took her hand and shook it firmly.

Sure, she was stuck in a place full of people who might grow up to destroy the world one day, but at least she had confirmation that one of them wouldn't do that. One person she didn't have to spy on was good enough for her.
they/she or she/they

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:31 pm
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

AMORE LOKISON
In collaboration with @KateHardy

Amore tugged open her locker, gingerly pushing the slightly aged, black metal door open with one finger. For a school for villains, they certainly didn't understand the pizzazz of being one. She should bug her father to get their interior designer involved in this sorry excuse for a ~ well-maintained establishment ~

She sighed, at least they didn't make you wear school uniforms here. She eyed the neat gold rack she'd installed in her locker the first day at the school. It was tucked in the back, leaving room for her books and gym outfit, an emergency outfit change. Plus the pair of black kitten heels stored among them.

The rack consisted of two rectangular shelves, one bigger on the bottom, and one slimmer on top. Carrying a variety of lipsticks, plus a powder and blush, and a small pack of makeup wipes.

Simply the necessities. Everyone knew villains had style

Amora flicked back her blonde hair, gentle waves adoring it, with the two face-framing strands wrapped around a gold circlet. A nod to her father's signature helmet. She studied her completion in the mirror she'd also put in the door of the locker, carefully reapplying the pale blush shade to her lips. Something that went well with her current light blue skin, and the faint outlines of white markings that shadowed her cheeks.

After a quick side-to-side of her face, she popped the lipstick tube back in the locker and locked it. She shook her head, ensuring all duplicates were fully back in her body. Once she'd had it where she'd looked she was a badly timed animation until her father had just about laughed his head off.

She looked down at her boots, ensuring they were still fry and grease-free after the latest assessment of students she interacted with. They seemed good enough. As good as one could be in a school full of supposed villains

"Helloooooo. Are you Amoreee Lokisonn?" A vaguely familiar voice called out.

Amore snapped her head up, narrowly missing smashing it into the row of lockers,
"That depends on how you feel about me." She turned around, in search of the disembodied voice

The owner of the voice appeared smiling widely. "Welllll. If you aree Amoreee, I think it's veryy cool you're dad is like an actual god. Like that must be so awesome. And you like are from another realm. Which is even cooler. Also like you're dressed so well. Like where did you get the circlet? It is soo cool and like perfectly shiny and oh my goodness that outfit." She did a little twirl and then jumped into the air and then twirled in the air. "I could talk about it for daysssss. And like I see your locker is so welll organizedddd. Do you give out tips?"

"Uhm," Amore felt like she should grant the tornado of a person who'd appeared in front of her an award. No one had rendered her so speechless before." Thank you? and yes? maybe? Who are you again? Or did I just miss that part?"

"Ooooh. I didn't introduce myselffff. SOrryyyy." She did a little twirl and a curtsy before holding out her hand. "S'Alura Zor-El. Or Luthor. Take your pickk. But literally, everyone calls me Alura."

Amore clasped Aluras hand carefully." Ah yes. I remember now. Our names are fairly similar. Sometimes people call me by your name. Rather unfortunate for them."

"Reallyyyy? Wowww. People think I could be as pretty as youuu. Or look as coolll. Oh my goodnesss." She pretended to get light-headed. "Wowww. Honestly it's good for themmm. Much better than running into lil' old me." She grabbed her in an impromptu hug that was far too tight before pulling away just as quickly. "Sorryyy. When I get all excited I get huggyy."

Amore almost fell over from the force of the hug. However, she couldn't let her Louie boots become as wrinkled as her shirt was now," No it's. No, it's fine. Hugs are. Cool."
While she didn't particularly love physical touch, her father had taught her how important hugs were.

Besides, she couldn't think straight enough right now to say anything else to this ray of sunshine." And, never apologize. Or, yeah. Is there something I can help you with?" Amore straightened her shirt.

"Oh yes. Sorryyy. I nearly forgot. You got amorail!!. No wait that sounds like the mushroom. Not here to give you mushrooms. Unless you really like mushrooms? Do you like mushrooms? My grandma's mushroom ragu is to like die for. I kid you not."

The girl still wouldn't stop saying sorry, Amore glanced around. Maybe she could leave this person with an illusion and she could go get some tea and Advil, "I do like mushrooms. But I don't want any right now."

"Okayyy. Umm, but I do have this letter for youuu." She held out a letter. "From Auntie Mistress Wonder Woman." She frowned. "No wait that's wrong. Wonder Woman. Just Wonder Woman. But like you've been chosennn. Woooo." She did a full twirl again.

Oh. That made sense. Of course, she was related to Wonder Woman. "Chosen for what?"
She hadn't remembered signing up for anything.

"The Chosen Onesss." She floated a little into the air and dramatically pointed at Amore. "You have been chosen!."

Amora blinked, she was regaining her clarity," For what? What use is it being chosen if you don't know what for?"

"Rightttt. Its alll in the letterrr. Unless you want a full dynamic presentationnn."

Amore looked down at the letter in her hands. She didn't remember taking it from Alura." As much as I love a dramatic presentation. I think I'm good right now."

Alura looked a little disappointed. "Okayyyy. If that is your wishh." She bowed. "O' goddess. Cause you like kind of are one righttt. Did I get that righttt? Also are you also like a princess cause your dad is like a princee or the kingg? I'm not sure witch. Cause you totally look like a princess."

Amore tore off the red wax seal and started reading the letter,"I don't knw if my grandfather recognizes me as a Goddess or not. Or, recognizes me at all. But yes, I am the Princess of Jotenhiem. My father is technically both a Prince of Asgard and King of Jotunheim. He has a lot of titles. We both do really."

"Oh wowwww. That's like the coolest. Hellooo. I'm so blessed. I got to hug a princesss. And a goddesss. Ahhhh." She bowed. "I feel like I should get your autograph. Or like a hug or..I don't know. Get knighted. Probably not. You need to have like skills for that. Just umm...honored to be in your presence, your highness." She bowed deeply.

"Thank you, and it's your pleasure" Amore waved the letter, do I need to tell you anything about this? Or just do what it says."

"Oh nooo. I'm just the messenger." She ducked. "Don't behead me." She pretended to shiver. "Just do what it says and all will be goodd!"

Amore shrugged,"beheading is boring." She glanced down at the letter again," I will do that then. Later. " she folded it and flicked her wrist, it floated up and then vanished.

Alura clapped. "Wow you just get like cooler every second. Can we be friendsss? Pretttyy pleaseee. I will bring you mushrooms. And cookiess. And ice creamm. And more huggsss." She promptly hugged Amore again.

Amore gasped, the air knocked out of her,"Yeah, sure we can be. Friends." She doubted this blonde hyper woman would leave her alone either way. She should introduce her to Thor. They'd be perfect friends.

Aluraa beamed. "Thank youuuuuuu." She flew them into the air and twirled them around before finally letting go of Amore. "You will not regret this, your Highness. I'll be umm..the royal ice creamer."

Amore caught herself in the air, floating alongside Alura," Sounds. Wonderful. I don't often regret things anyway. Do you have more letters to deliver?"

"I dooo. I should run for nowww. We'll take laterrr." She smiled the sweetest of smiles. "I'll find you."

Amore waved and settled herself back down on the ground, "If my parents weren't Loki and Enchantress I'd say that sounds like a threat. Farwell Alura." She smiled slightly.

Alura shrieked. "Sorryyy if that sounded like a threattt. Just a promiseeee." She beamed and curtseyed again. "Farewell Your Highness, The Princess of Jotunheim and Asgard and Potentially Goddess also known as Amore. I might shorten that for your birthday card. POJAG? Got a nice ring to it. POJAG Amore."

Amore raised her eyebrows," That just about sums it up I suppose."

"Lovely. See you later then POJAG Amore!"

Amore waved until the blonde streak vanished. Given how fast she could run, she could be mistaken for kin of the Flash. She sighed heavily. Now she wanted that nap Zariel was talking about.
I know my worth, anyone else opinion doesn't really matter
-Agent Carter

Reviews: 3
Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:34 pm
View Likes
JazzElectrobass says...

Aniotoniosononio Howard Stark
collabed with @RangerofIthilien

Aniotoniosononio. It was a very long, admittedly cool name. It was funny when people tried to say it, but it was also annoying for the fact they'd make you stand there for an entire day as they tried to say it. Well, more like a minute but it feels like eternity. There were a few people who could say it, which did not include his Dad. It was probably so he didn't have to call his kid Tony Jr., and the first thing he could think of was to create a really long Italian sounding name. He wasn't even Italian.

For the time being, Tony was walking around in a courtyard, eating shawarma.

A voice shouted from the other side of the courtyard by the doors, pronouncing his name with ease. "Tony! Aniotoniosononio!"

Well, someone who could actually say his name. Which means they know him, and he could recognize the voice. He turned around grinning, and walked towards the person. He didn't exactly yell, as he didn't feel the need to tear up his vocal cords. That was for when he was screaming while experimenting. "Riley! Riley Thorsdottir!"

Riley came darting towards him, skidding to a stop just before colliding with him (nearly giving him a heart attack) and grinned. "Hey! What are you up to?"

"I'm having lunch and enjoying the rather pleasant weather. How about you?" He took a big bite out of his meal.

She shrugged, "was on my way to get lunch before I spotted you out here and decided to come say hi."

"How nice of you." He replied. He himself would have gotten food and then checked to see if the person was still there. If not, he'd walk around by himself anyways.

She grinned "what sort of food do you have there?"

"It's shawarma. My Dad has been trying to get me to try it for the past 5-6 years, so I figured why not? It'll give us something to talk about besides how to wire the pulsors, and where they should be positioned in the forearm. Well, and the fact that my hair is not presentable."

Riley snorted. "Who cares about the hair? It looks fine, plus there's plenty of other things to be concerned about. Also, how's the shawarma? I've never heard of it before."

"It's interesting." Was all he responded with, meaning it's not bad, but he's deciding whether he likes it or not.

She nodded slowly "hm, alright."

He felt the conversation was going towards awkward silence. And he did not like awkward silence. "So, would a transformer have car or life insurance? If they were to only have one."

Riley tilted her head and silently considered this for a long moment. "life insurance I guess? Because being a car isn't something they like bought, it's just part of who they are."

"Yes, but let's say they're in their alt mode, or vehicle form, and one guy rams into the other. What insurance would pay for that?"

"I would still say life insurance since they're still themselves "

"That would be a good answer, as not all transformers are cars."

"Huh, I didn't think about that."

"Yeah, most people don't. I'm just an expert." He smiled, and took another bite. "Hey, why don't you go get lunch? I'll tag along with you?"

She laughed at his first comment then grinned "sure!"

"Lead the way child of a god. Wait a minute, technically you are a god, aren't you? So would you then be the god child of a god?"

She shrugged, starting to walk with him towards the cafeteria. "No clue. I spend majority of my time here in midgard."

"How many planets have you visited anyways?"

"Planets?"

"Yeah, or realms. Whatever you call them."

"Oooooooohhhhhh realms. Including this one?"

"Uh, sure."

"Four. Midgard, Asgard, Jotunheim, " a bit of a Norse accen started to slip into her voice as she listed them off, "and Vanahein once. It was pretty cool."

"Oh, nice. A bit of elaboration on how they look? Besides Midgard and Asgard. I know those two."

"Well with Jotunheim it's very cold, cold and mountainous, like the arctic reaches in Norway. The snow and ice there never melts and it's home to ice giants. As for Vanaheim it's really, well, odd... The land practically seems to shimmer with magic and illusions. the nature is in bright colors and things are never where you would expect them to be. so something that's about 30 feet away could look like it's miles away but just prove to be very small. It's home to the vanir. They're kind of like asgardians but much more mysterious yet are equal in power. although they tend to stick to their own realm."

"Sounds lovely. Think I could test to see if my suit could stand in a fight against an ice giant?"

She snorted "you'll have to talk to my uncle about that."

"Which one?"

"Uncle Loki. Or maybe chat with Amore about it. Speaking of Amore, have you seen her?"

"No, not recently." He hummed. When was the last time he saw that kid? Amore was older than him, but nonetheless, a kid. "But really, no offense, but trusting your uncle?"

"hey, I never said anything about trusting him."

"Yeah, so what am I going to do if he leaves me surrounded by an entire village of ice giants?"

"I'd get my dad to go save you. He's the best when it comes to fighting those guys."

"Great. How long would that take?"

"couple minutes at most"

"Okay, so good chances that I'd be dead." He shrugged.

She snorted "they probably wouldn't attack you right away. They'd want to figure out why you were there first "

"Yes, but let's say they've already attacked me." Tony tossed away the wrapper. "Your uncle waits until they attack then leaves. I'm not sure if my comms can work between realms, so let's say someone finds out and decides to tell your father. Within the time it takes, there is a 76% chance I will be dead. If I do survive, my father would kill me for doing something so ridiculously stupid, and I do not do such things."

Riley shrugged "take me with you then."

"Yes and even with your abilites there is still a high possibility of severe injury and-slash-or death, although that does depend on the amount and size of the ice giants. No offense, of course."

"I really don't know what to tell you then"

"Don't say anything, get some food instead." He motioned to the line for getting food as they entered the cafetorium.

She rolled her eyes a little but in a playful manner. "fine, fine, I'll get food."

He grinned. "And don't worry, I'll still be here when you get back."

She chuckled at that. "I sure hope so or else I'd have to hunt you down again."

"Well I do like to stay in one piece, now shoo, don't eat on an empty stomach."

"alright, I'll be back." She snorted softly then got in line.

Tony waited, leaning on the wall and looking over all the people. This wasn't a very entertaining place, so, he just walked back out, and strode in the halls that students were allowed to walk in during lunch. Tony looked back when he noticed a kid looking at him while running towards him yelling "Sir? Sir?!"

A message? He thanked the kid and continued walking. He looked down at the letter, and decided to open it.

Dear Aniotoniosononio Howard Stark,

Due to your excellence in Engineering, I, as Headmistress, have elected to formally invite you to be an esteemed member of the Chosen Ones. This is a highly serious matter and I hope you will give it the honor and the respect it deserves.

Signed,

Well, at least they spelled his name right.

Soon enough there was a screech of rubber against the floor a ways behind him. "Ha! I found you! Just like I said it would if you left!" It was Riley, holding an unholy combination of chicken burrito and a container of fries.

He stuffed the letter into a pocket of his jacket and turned around. "Yes, well, I did get a letter which I prefer to read without so many people surrounding me as I try to read it. Also are you really going to eat a chicken burrito and fries?"

The tall blonde grinned. "Absolutely! And a letter? Is it what I think it is?" She asked excitedly.

"I don't know, what do you think it is?" He raised on eyebrow.

"You know, the letter like everyone in the school is waiting to see if they receive."

"And why would everyone be waiting on a letter?" He asked, just being a pain in the butt.

She rolled her eyes. "Oh I don't know, maybe to get into the chosen ones? Or maybe to confirm their extended car warranty, who knows?"

"Oooooh, so they're waiting for their April fools letter?"

Riley took a couple fries and tucked them in her burrito for some odd reason before taking a large bite then answering a moment later. "Uh huh, sure."

Tony made a face at that. Fries really should not go with burritos. "Okay, I'll admit, I did get a letter about the chosen ones thing."

"I knew it!" She patted his shoulder, a broad grin on her face "congratulations!"

"Well, they said I was too volatile, self-obsessed, and don't play well with others in the letter. I don't know if that is congratulatory worthy."

"You're not a convincing liar. Either that or I'm too good at telling when someone is lying."

"Well I'm not trying to convince you. But yes, I have been accepted, thank you."

She chuckled and nodded happily before taking another bite of her burrito.

"Have you gotten one yet?"

"No, not quite yet, I'm hoping to get one soon though."

"You'll get one, I'm sure of it." He patted her on the shoulder.

She chucked, "thanks."

"Well, I am going to get my stuff for my next class since it'll be starting in 5 minutes. Tell me when you get your letter."

"Don't worry, I will." She flashed him a bright grin. "Whats your next class?"

"Well, engineering of course." He started wallking.

she started walking with him. "Hm, should have guessed."

"You've known me for how long now?"

"A while I guess? I don't really know."

"I don't know either so, we're both lost." He stopped at his locker, and started grabbing what he needed. Notebook, chromebook, and writing utensils. The bell rang as Toni closed the door. "Well, I should really be going. Catch you later?"

"Yep! I'll see you around." She grinned. Toni waved, and walked off to class.
I am the Timekeeper, Quote Hunter, and Grave Visitor

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon." — Paul Brandt

Jazz Elektrobass

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:20 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Jordan Jordan

in collaboration with @JazzElectrobass and @KateHardy

Lunch was a bore, as always. Jordan Jordan scarfed down a sandwich while walking to the library, then spent the rest of lunchtime reading up on gamma radiation in preparation for sneaking into attending Professor Banner's Rad Radiation class. Quite fascinating, really.

When lunch ended, Jordan strode to the bathroom and examined their appearance in the mirror. Jordan smoothed back their gelled golden hair and straightened the sleeves of their navy blue suit. They checked their golden watch. Perfect. If they strode quickly through the hallways now, they could slip into Professor Banner's class undetected. Technically, it was a hero class, and Jordan was--they gagged--a villain. But that was ridiculous. Clearly they were supposed to be a hero and it was simply an error in the paperwork. So while Jordan waited to appeal their sorting for the fifth time in two weeks, they slipped into hero classes right while the maximum number of students were coming in, which was approximately two minutes before the tardy bell rang.

Jordan strolled into the classroom right behind a pair of heroes who were chatting animatedly. He scanned the seating arrangement of the classroom quickly, then slipped into a seat at the back of the classroom, right next to a kid wearing shades, already slouched in his chair and chewing gum.

Jordan slicked back his hair one more time, then offered a bright grin to the person sitting next to him. It was always a good idea to make friends, aka people he could bribe to attest to him being a hero. Surely with enough witness testimony and money, the administrative staff could be convinced. "Hello. I'm Jordan Jordan, son of the Green Lantern Hal Jordan. It's wonderful to meet you." Jordan held out his hand for a handshake.

The kid shook it. "Aniotoniosononio Howard Stark, son of Iron Man Tony Stark. I can't say it's wonderful to meet you, as I don't know what you're like yet."

One, that name was a mouthful. Who in their right mind named their kid that? Two, that was frustratingly blunt. Jordan's smile faltered for a fraction of a second, then they increased its wattage until it was practically blinding. "Well, I do hope we'll get to know each other, as we're both heroes and classmates! Obviously."

"Uh-huh. You aren't planning to crispify me in the middle of the night or put chickens in my suit, I hope. Those aren't pleasant experiences and I do not forget to exact revenge."

Jordan's smile was starting to look slightly strained. Who hurt this child? "No need to worry, my dear Anioton- toniono- Annie. I am an upstanding citizen through and through, one who is most definitely not prone to pranks involving chickens."

The kid made a face. "Annie? You'd be surprised that that isn't new. Just call me Tony. And you'd be surprised how many upstanding citizens will pull a prank like that, plus your wording isn't very serious despite your tone and blinding smile, which by the way if sun were to hit your teeth I'd probably get a tan that will go 10 degrees too far."

"Will do, Tony." Jordan relaxed his face into his default friendly-leader expression. "Is this better? I would hate for my smile to burn you." Jordan tried to keep all sarcasm out of his tone. He was truly genuine. Truly. He was a hero, after all.

Tony stared for a second before looking forward again. "Somewhat better."

Jordan nodded. That interaction could have gone more smoothly, but at least it was a start. And now, to listen to Professor Banner explain the fascinating theories behind gamma radiation and its effects on the human body. Perhaps Jordan could impress the professor with their knowledge and participation and get the professor to testify to their heroic qualities as well... That is, if they didn't get caught first. It was their first time being in this class, after all, and who knew how well Professor Banner could recognize his students?

They frowned briefly before forcing their face back into a smile. It might be safer to lurk in the back of the classroom for a bit before raising their hand to answer questions. If they weren't caught today, they would try being a teacher's pet-- they meant, a good student-- tomorrow. Meanwhile, Tony had his feet on the table, tilting his chair slightly while chewing his gum and staring at the ceilng.

Whenever Jordan glanced over at Tony in between taking notes, he mused on the unfairness of life. How come such a blatantly disrespectful student such as Tony was considered a hero while a stellar student like Jordan himself was considered a villain? Was it that Iron Man had donated more to the school than Jordan's family? Tsk. He'd have to talk to the butler about increasing their philanthropic budget. The corruption in this school was obvious.

When the bell rang, Jordan blended into the crush of people leaving the classroom. He strolled down the hallway.

Something blonde and fast crashed into him. "JORDAN!!"

Jordan immediately backed away and frowned before smoothing their expression back into a friendly smile. They surreptitiously brushed down their suit in all the places it had made contact with the person. "Hello there. How do you know my name?"

"Hellooo!!! Welll. I'm the mailman. Nope. Woman. Mail woman? Femail man? No that's wrong too. Femail woman?? Doesn't matter! I have a letter for you!!"

This person talked a lot. "Alright." Jordan looked around for said letter. Could it be...? They had heard something about the Chosen Ones in hallway whispers and chatter in classes.

"Come onn! You should be more exciteddd! Its from Auntie Diane Woman...uhh sorry Headmistresss Wonder Women. " Her smile somehow widened.

"Oh, excellent." Jordan gave a pleased smile. Surely that meant that he'd been selected! Oh, this boded well for his future as a hero. "May I have the letter, please?" After a second, he realized that the mailman femail woman must be Alura. She looked just like her mom. He'd been considering getting to know her, but she was always surrounded by other friends or zooming off somewhere.

"Of courseee!" She did a little twirl in the air. "Here you goo!" She finally offered it to him.

"Thank you very much." Jordan nodded, then quickly opened the letter.

Dear Jordan Jordan,

Due to your excellence in the sciences, solid-light constructs, and evil scheming, I, as Headmistress, have elected to formally invite you to be an esteemed member of the Chosen Ones. This is a highly serious matter and I hope you will give it the honor and the respect it deserves.

Signed,

Jordan read it once. Then again. "evil scheming"? He looked at Alura. "Surely this is a mistake. I have done no evil scheming."

Alura shrugged. "You'd have to ask auntiee! She's the one who picks! And come on noww. You must be good at evil scheming! Don't put yourself down like that." She walked a little closer and patted his shoulder. "I'm sure you're incredibly evil!"

Jordan felt as if he'd been punched in the gut. "No," he sputtered. "No, I'm not evil." He waved the letter in the air. "Everything is a mistake. I'm supposed to be a hero, not a villain. Whoever heard of a Green Lantern being a villain?" He stumbled to the nearest row of lockers and leaned against them for support.

Alura put an arm around him. "Now now. Its alright. You don't have to be evil to be evil. You know. Being a villain is pretty cool! Come on now. Every green lantern ever has been a hero. You're going to like rewrite the course of their history and be so much cooler cause you're different! Embrace that! Don't try to just be a copy of who came before you!"

Jordan pressed further against the lockers. "I-- no-- I don't want to be different! I don't want to be evil!" He breathed quickly. "I-- I need to go."

Alura patted his back. "Its alright. You'll be alright. Promise! We can even be friends!!"

"I don't need friends," Jordan blurted before making a hasty escape, clutching the letter so tightly it crinkled in their hand. Their loafers slapped against the floor as they practically ran to the bathroom. I can't have been chosen to be a villain. This isn't my destiny. Right? Right? Right?

Heavy footsteps followed him. "Hey where you goinggg? Come on now. Everyone needs friends!"

Jordan hurried into the bathrooms and locked the door of a stall behind him. He leaned his forehead against the door, gritting his teeth and willing his breathing to go back to normal. It was utterly unprofessional of him to have said that and left like that. Surely she had connections-- she'd called the headmistress Auntie. But he just-- he just-- he couldn't deal with being called evil. He lifted the letter with shaking fingers and read it again. Jordan moaned. He was very tempted to flush it down the toilet.

"Jordan!!!"

Jordan stiffened. They became absolutely silent and waited for Alura to leave. As they stood there, their eyes traced the words again and again, as if designing a solid-light construct based on the inky forms.

Wait. Maybe not all hope was lost. After all, Headmistress Wonder Woman had highlighted their skills in the sciences and solid-light constructs as well. Perhaps they could prove themself and get that phrase "evil scheming" turned into "good planning" instead?

Well, that meant they had to leave this stall. And presumably Alura was also a chosen one, so they would have to face her again. Jordan winced. Well, better to get it over with sooner rather than later. They scrunched up the burning embarrassment into a tiny ball and stuffed it down. They exited the stall and took their time washing their hands and straightening their suit.

Then Jordan strolled out of the bathroom as if nothing had happened and greeted Alura with a bright smile. "Alura! Yes, I look forward to becoming friends with you."

Alura beamed. "Yayyy! Think more about being evil! It's really not that bad!"

Jordan hid his internal wince by increasing the wattage of his smile. "Indeed, I'm sure it can be absolutely delightful. I do love evil scheming." The last sentence was said in a monotone, but Jordan was still pretty proud of his acting, considering how much it pained him to say that.

"Woww. My mom would give you like a C- for that. Don't worry though! Your secret's safe with me!" She winked. "Cause we're friends!"

"Yep!" Jordan attempted a wink, but it probably looked more like half of his face was spasming. Dear lord, keeping up with this girl's energy was exhausting. He had to find a way to extricate himself from this interaction. "I hope to see you soon. Friend! But I'm afraid I need to go study now."

"OOoh you should. Studying is very important!" She beamed. "I'll get out of your hair. I mean not literally. I was never in your hair. I don't think I could fit." She giggled.

"Ha. Haha." Jordan smiled and nodded, nodded and smiled. "Well, bye then, Alura!" They waved and fast-walked away.
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

I'll actually turning 100 soon
— Ari11