Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:47 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Seven Deadly Sins: The Storybook

A Saeverse Production

| Based on Nanatsu No Taizai/The Seven Deadly Sins |

Spoiler! :
phpBB [media]

This is a tale of ancient times and an era before the human and non-human worlds were forever divided. When the Holy Knights defended the realm wielding their magical powers, they were feared and highly respected. But among them a group emerged that betrayed the kingdom and became mortal enemies to all Holy Knights.

They were known throughout the land as the Seven Deadly Sins.

Ten years ago, the Great Holy Knight was brutally murdered, and all of the knights in the surrounding area were ruthlessly massacred. The only culprits possible were the Seven Deadly Sins—a team of the strongest Holy Knights. Though powerful, they were all flawed: each of their titles came from a sin they had committed. Their leader of them was the Dragon Sin of Wrath, Darunia Vain, though the sin she had committed was just as mysterious as the rest of her team.

After killing the Great Holy Knight, the seven fled from Liones's capital, scattering across the kingdom to avoid detection. They have not been heard from since. The kingdom regularly puts out wanted posters with updated versions of what they would look like, but the seven have become little more than ghost stories to general public of Liones.

Then disaster strikes Liones once more.

The Holy Knights launch a coup d'etat against the throne, informing the rest of the kingdom that the king has fallen ill. Yet the youngest of the royal family manages to escape in an old suit of armor. Now that the Holy Knights have failed the country they were supposed to protect, there is only one source of hope left: the Seven Deadly Sins. They are the only ones powerful enough to defeat the corrupt knights, despite the sins they may have committed against the kingdom ten years prior.

But will the sins help the kingdom they betrayed?

And, even if they would, where are they?

The Cast

Youngest Royal Member – Prince Tobias Liones
Dragon's Sin of Wrath – Darunia Vain
Fox's Sin of Greed – Claimed
Grizzly's Sin of Sloth – Ario'ryan Wagnereth
Goat's Sin of Lust – Anahita
Boar's Sin of Gluttony – Ubu Grandide
Lion's Sin of Pride – Unclaimed
Serpent's Sin of Envy – Solstar Numen de Caelo
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:04 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Darunia Vain
| The Dragon's Sin of Wrath |

She wasn't new to rumors. When someone had been alive as long as she had, they became very well acquainted with them. The past decade had been testament to that. New rumors about the sins seemed to pop up on a weekly basis in every town that she stopped out. Almost all of them could be easily considered nothing more than just a story—some of the actions described were horribly out of character, and she was sure that a decade couldn't change someone that much.

But Runi never commented on them. It was a policy of hers. Play the dumb card, ask questions she already knew the answers to, and hope that no one though too much about how the wanted poster for the former captain of the sins looked eerily similar to her if the art had been in a more realistic style and if the sin's hair had been cut short.

Hawk, on the other hand, was absolutely merciless with rumors. She loved her friend—she really did—but it would be nice if he didn't freak out over the sins every single time they came up in conversation. Now was one of those times. Hawk was nearby during one of her performances when a customer mentioned the Rust Knight. Runi was fairly certain that they were just some random guy in an old suit of armor, but now Hawk was cowering behind the nearest piece of furniture.

Runi withheld the urge to groan and focused on her performance. Both Hawk and her knew that her cooking was absolutely horrendous, and that it was her musical performances and the alcohol served that got people to come to the Boar's Hat.

I've got my demons, they don't know,
I'm fierce enough to let them go.
It's like a fire, a stranglehold.
I feel like I'm invincible.

Hello, desire, you're my old friend.
But I don't need you here again.
Let's take a walk, go back in time.
I'll see you on the other side-

Her song was suddenly cut off by the creaking of the door. While that normally wouldn't be a cause for alarm, it was the sound of armor clanking together and the screams that promptly erupted throughout the room as the infamous Rust Knight appeared that made her quietly place her guitar down on her stool and rise to her feet. Hawk squealed in terror and ducked behind her legs as people rushed past the Rust Knight, who didn't look all that intimidating in person. If anything, they looked a little unsteady, their body swaying from side-to-side as they tried to walk further into the Boar's Hat.

“It's one of the sins!” Hawk exclaimed.

“I think it's someone just wearing a suit of armor,” Runi guessed. She gave the Rust Knight a warm smile, and gestured at one of the now empty tables. “Want to sit down? You look like you're about to fall over.”

The Rust Knight did as requested, hands trembling as they pulled out a chair. They were surprisingly silent as they watched her head behind the counter and retrieve a glass of water, as well as a piece of fruit she had purchased in the last town over—at least she couldn't butcher the taste of that. Hawk had now exchanged cowering behind her to cowering behind the counter, since she had decided to slip into the seat next to the Rust Knight.

Said knight studied the apple and glass of water, gaze slowly drifting up to her. Then, the moment she had been waiting for: they finally removed their helmet and placed it down on the table top. Runi was surprised when she got a good look at the face. He was young, maybe only sixteen years old at most, with his hair in a long red braid. It was the combination of his hair and silver eyes that let her easily put a name to a face. She was looking at none other than Prince Tobias. He might have only been six when the incident occurred, but she had visited him on almost a daily basis back then. She knew his face—baby fat present or not—very, very well.

The prince promptly stuffed his face with the apple, and easily chugged down the glass of water. She wondered what he was doing so far from the kingdom in an old suit of armor, clearly on the verge of passing out, but she didn't want to question him just yet. She couldn't let him know that she recognized him, even though she desperately wanted to make sure he was doing okay.

“I told you he wasn't a sin,” Runi said, turning to look at the cowering Hawk. Her friend hesitantly emerged from his hiding spot and crept over to the two, still wary. “See, he doesn't match any of the wanted posters.”

“I guess not,” Hawk admitted.

Tobias stared at Hawk; the talking pig part must have finally registered. His eyes lit up, and his first words inside the Boar's Hat were spoken. “You can talk?” the boy exclaimed. He immediately sat up in his seat. “My teacher never said there were talking pigs in Liones! Is it because someone cast a spell on you-”

He fell silent when he saw Runi watching him with an amused grin, a blush starting to spread across his face. The smile grew ever so slightly—he was just as adorable now as he was back then. Tobias looked uncomfortable as he placed his apple core down on the table. Runi, in turn, dropped it on the ground near Hawk. The pig eagerly went to town on it, even though he had been feasting on discarded meals the entire day.

“If you're not one of the Seven Deadly Sins,” Hawk said in between bites, “then who are you? And why are you wearing that rusty old armor?”

The prince froze.

“My...My name's Toby,” he said, gaze dropping down to his empty glass. His grip on it tightened. “I'm wearing it because I have to find someone.”

Runi cupped her hands and rested her head in her palm, elbows on the table. She still couldn't get past her worry that something horrible must have happened to him for him to leave the castle, but she frustratingly had to pretend she didn't know the context. “Who are you looking for? The Boar's Hat might not look like it, but we're actually a moving restaurant. Maybe they've come through here.”

The prince's gaze traveled over to the wanted posters hanging on the bulletin board near the door. “I doubt it. They're pretty good at hiding, from what I've heard.”

She followed his gaze, and was astonished to see that he was looking at her wanted poster. And not just hers, either—his gaze was sweeping across all of the pictures of her old team. He had such a desperate glint to his silver eyes. She had never wanted to see such a pained look on his face; that was why she had never missed a visit when she could. He had gone through enough in that first year of his life.

She didn't want him to go through even more.

“I don't get it,” Hawk said, sitting up now that he had finished devouring the remains of Tobias's apple. “Why do you need to find someone that's hiding? Wouldn't it be easier to get help from someone you don't have to look for?”

His gaze returned to his glass. “They're the only ones who can help with something like this,” the prince said. “Some people that I carry about are in danger, and...and I don't think I can turn to anyone else anymore. I can't even trust my friends, and my teacher's away...”

Her gaze softened.

His family must have been in trouble. Bartra, Margaret, Veronica—he had always cared deeply about all three of them. The only people he'd ever leave the safety of the castle to help had to be the three of them. But from the last that she had heard, the royal family had all fallen mysteriously ill. She doubted that Tobias needed the help of herself and the other sins to find a cure for their ailment.

And when she thought hard on it, she figured out why.

The Holy Knights were the ones who had spread the news. Coups had happened countless times in history, even among the best of people. It wouldn't be impossible for one to happen in Liones, especially after the power vacuum left by Zaratras's death. The smile she had been so carefully keeping up faltered. Tobias must have been the only one of his family that was able to get out of the castle. They had to still be alive, but if this continued...

He could be an orphan again.

Runi's smile returned.

“I forgot to introduce us,” she said. She pointed at Hawk, who was now checking out the other tables to see if there were any scraps left. “That's Hawk! He's the Captains of the Scraps Disposal Order, and the official mascot of the Boar's Hat.” She placed a hand on her chest. “And I'm Runi. I'm the official owner of this place, as well as its sole chef, waitress, bartender and performer.”

She knew it clicked the moment she said her name. Tobias had always been a smart kid. He spun around, stared at the wanted poster hanging on the wall, and looked back at her. “H-How long have you been working here?”

Her smile grew. “Oh, about five years or so. The five years before that, I was doing some wandering around the kingdom. I kind of lost my job right before that-”

Tobias pushed his chair back and jumped to his feet. “You're Darunia Vain!” he exclaimed. Hawk gave a terrified squeal when he heard the name, only for it to taper off into a confused one when he realized Tobias was talking about his friend. “You're the Dragon's Sin of Wrath, and the former captain of the Seven Deadly Sins!”

She got to her feet as well. “Guilty as charged, Prince Tobias.”

Hawk wildly glanced between the two of them. “You're one of the sins and Toby's a prince!?”

Runi sheepishly rubbed the back of her neck. “I am. I'm sorry for not telling you before, Hawk. I usually keep it a secret, but Tobias is a special case—you still like it better than Toby, right?” He used to hate being called Toby. She had tried it on one or two occasions as he got older, but he was incredibly fond of the name Bartra had given him.

The prince hesitated, then nodded. “How did you...?”

“I guess you don't remember me, then,” Runi said. Her hand dropped down to her side. She continued to give him a smile—she didn't want to make him feel guilty—but the smile no longer reached her eyes. “I always visited you when you were a little kid.”

He stared at her. “You did?”

“Yeah,” she said, giving a dismissive wave of her hand. “But that doesn't matter right now. You need help finding the other sins, right? If I'm guessing right, the Holy Knights staged a coup of some kind, and you think we're the only ones who can help you.”

“I-I didn't even-”

“I didn't become Captain for nothing,” Runi replied, now honestly grinning. “I admit I don't know where the rest of my team has ended up, but I'll be glad to help you, Tobias—it's my duty as my Holy Knight, retired or not.”

And my repentance for my sin.

The prince was silent for a moment, watching her with wide silver eyes. She wondered if she had maybe spoken too soon. Was that the sort of thing that she should have carefully transitioned into? Or maybe he thought she had agreed too quickly, since he saw her as some horrible monster for the completely wrong reason?

But then his eyes began to brim with tears.

“Th-Thank you,” he said. He raised a hand up to wipe them away, but more quickly fell. “I-I thought I'd never find any of the sins, and that-that I wouldn't be able to help my family...”

“I'll help save your family,” Runi said. “I promise.”

He gave her a small smile. “Is there-Is there any way that I can help you? I don't want to be a burden, and you're doing so much for me...”

She looked over at Hawk, who, in turn, got an incredibly excited look on his face. “Can you cook?” both eagerly asked in unison.

Tobias faltered. “Uh, yeah. Why?”

“We're saved,” Hawk said, breathing out a sigh of relief.

“Agreed!” Runi exclaimed.

The prince glanced between the two, knotting his brow and narrowing his eyes. He opened his mouth—likely to ask for an explanation—but Hawk beat him to it.

“Runi's a terrible chef,” he said.

“They only come here for my singing and the drinks,” Runi added. She clasped Tobias's hands in her own as she looked up at him. “It looks like we have a deal, Tobias! Hawk and I will find the rest of the sins and rescue your family, and you can help out with our cooking during our search!”

His smile hesitantly grew.

“That sounds like a plan to me,” he decided.

Runi let go of his hands and gestured behind her with one sweeping motion of her arms.

“Welcome to the Boar's Hat, Tobias!”
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

Anne felt that life was really not worth living without puffed sleeves.
— L. M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables