z

Young Writers Society

Question Game NaNo 2023

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:05 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Hello everyone! Welcome to NaNo 2023. Even if you're not participating in NaNo, feel free to read on!

Would you like to get to know more about other ywsers' projects? Or would you like to be asked questions you've never asked yourself, and broaden the way you think about your plot and characters?

Then this is the right thread for you! The Question Game is open to everyone and can be a great help for exploring your story!

Here is how to participate:
    Step 1: Answer the question that the previous person has asked in their post.

Step 2: Ask a new question in your post.

Step 3: Wait for someone to answer your question.

Step 4: Follow up with the person who answered your question, and ask them a further question.

When you make a reply, remember to tag 1. the person whose question you're answering and 2. the person who answered your question.

Happy NaNo!!
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:05 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Alright, I'll start this off with: What is your main character's favorite ice cream flavor? (Or dessert equivalent, if ice cream doesn't exist in their world.) :3
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:08 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

@Spearmint - There's a bakery in Maia's small town that sells 10/10 homemade baked goods. She loves a scoop of good old fashioned homemade vanilla ice cream on top of something like a warm brownie or warm apple crisp!

Do you have anything in common with your main character or any of your supporting characters? (share to your comfort level)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:51 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

@Carlito a character in my NaNo project tends to wander from place to place, and I like to think I'm the same, only maybe in less literal terms.

What colours, sounds or materials would you associate with a supporting character in your story?
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:20 am
View Likes
yosh says...

@Liminality Cynaeum is a long-life human who has lived hundreds of years. He is always reminiscing about what he calls the 'Old World' before the wars, and remembers when there was a time when the wind was man's friend. He has a windy kind of vibe about him (if we're talking colors maybe green?). I would say that I associate with him the sound of a strong gust of wind, signalling his arrival.

If your protagonist had to pick one individual to spend time with for the rest of their life, who would it be and why? And if there is no such individual, why? (friend, family member, idol, etc)
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:03 am
View Likes
spottedpebble says...

Her gf, Kikki, because Kikki is the nicest, most understanding and all-around-awesome human she has ever met.

What does your MC do/make/participate in in their free time? Is it an activity, are they forced to do it? Do they not have any free time? Is all time they have free time?
:)
rainbow
spot~pebble~peb~pebb~
in any order

she/they

spottedpebble

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:39 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

@spottedpebble

My MC has too much free time -- since all they do during the day is kind of wait and watch their target until it's an easy time to grab them. But, do they really do much outside of staying vigilant? They'll draw sometimes actually -- never letting anyone besides their young niece see.

What is the first thing your MC sees when they wake up in the morning? What is typically the last thing your MC sees when they go to sleep at night?
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:20 pm
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

Aurora wakes up every morning and sees her baby pink and sunshine yellow walls of her room, as well as happy sunshine streaming through her window, and her reflection on the mirror of her lavender vanity that smiles a beautiful smile to her every morning. At night, the last thing she sees is either a book or her phone, where she receives goodnight texts from all her friends.

What is your main character's greatest fear/phobia? If they don't have any, why do they think so?
Last edited by LuminescentAnt on Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true.
- Abraham Lincoln

LuminescentAnt ~ Lum ~ Ant
(she/her)

211 Reviews

Reviews: 211
Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:59 pm
View Likes
OrabellaAvenue says...

I honestly can't decide between two characters to be my main, so I'll just talk about one. Everli's greatest fear is of being alone. She's afraid of people leaving her, and she'll do almost anything to keep them with her.
(Also, @LuminescentAnt, "lavendar" is actually spelled "lavender". I'm sorry to be so picky, but it's just a pet peeve of mine, and it's hard to explain why)

Does your character believe in any superstitions? If it's a magical world, does this superstition turn out to be real?
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
~Dr. Seuss

Orabella ~ Ora ~ Avenue ~ Aven
She/her

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:12 am
View Likes
spottedpebble says...

I think I'm gonna make her believe that her beloved grandmother is sending her signs from beyond the grave. (Her grandma was my MC, Kelly's, favorite person in the world and was killed by a drunk driver.)

What is a random, minor plot point/conflict you are going to include in your story/have already included in your story and are dying to share?
:)
rainbow
spot~pebble~peb~pebb~
in any order

she/they

spottedpebble

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:43 pm
View Likes
Voidsoul says...

At some point there is going to be a scene where two of my MCs accidentally adopt a dog named Toby and Toby is exactly what the one MC needs and I adore Toby and I will protect Toby with my life.

What are your characters’ MBTI types, if you know them?
*dances randomly and hands you a cosmic brownie*

Some books should be tasted, some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly.
— Francis Bacon