z

Young Writers Society

The Tavern

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:14 am
CuriosityCat says...

Cat throws her hands in the air exasperatedly.

"I freaking give up!" she snarls. "Am I not even allowed to make a typo??"

The troll grins insufferably at her and cackles mockingly. Not a great idea, as it turns out.

Cat snaps, and furiously smashes him over the head with a titanic rubber mallet. He crumples to the ground helplessly. Not dead, but knocked out. He'll have quite the mass of bruises when he regains consciousness. An evil smile slowly slithers across Cat's features. She slowly pulls the weapon up to her shoulder and readies it. Her face is contorted with savage glee. The troll had pushed her too far this time. Everyone can see that suddenly. Though it's unlikely that Cat will do any real damage with the almost comically oversized mallet and it looks like her only antagonizer has been knocked out cold, she still looks pretty terrifying with her hair hanging limp around her face as she stands over the troll's limp body brandishing her weapon.

"Which idiot is next?" she whispers, in a dangerously quiet voice filled with cruel happiness.

The whole room takes an unconscious step back.
Nothing to see here, puny mortals. Move along.

"I’m always going to embarrass myself and I’m pretty comfortable with that now."
— Misha Collins

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:14 am
TheCatchphrase says...

Cat instantly shoots a demonic glare at Catch, and starts approaching him slowly, raising her mallet higher with each step.

"W-what!? Why me?" Catch stutters weakly. He raises two opened palms, as if they were the perfect defense mechanisms against the mallet-wielding maniac. Cat doesn't answer, only continues to creep towards Catch. "H-hey, I didn't ask for this. I," Catch swallows past the massive lump forming in his throat. "I just wanted some cola, man!"

Cat stops.

"You." She takes one step closer. "Read." Two steps closer. "My." Three steps. She pauses, raising her mallet as high as her arms allowed. "BOOKS!"

She lunges at Catch, her eyes emitting a glow of uncontrollable rage and savagery. Instinct takes Catch over, and his outreached palms turn into raised fists. He reels his arm back, closes his eyes, and strikes the beast.

There's a ungodly silence afterward.

Catch slowly opens his eyes to find a defeated Cat strewn onto her back, her tongue hanging from her mouth and her mallet still grasped firmly
Spoiler! :
heehee spongebob
in her fist. Blood drips from her nose.

Catch lets out a sigh of relief that turns into a nervous chuckle that turns into hysterical laughter.

"I'm alive! I'm alive! Zhia I'm alive! Did you see that, Zhia? I did it! I saved us!"

Zhia shoots a shocked, angry glace at Catch. When he notices this, his laughter slows.

"Zhia?"

Zhia shakes her head disapprovingly. "...Dude, you just punched a girl."

"What?"

"Seriously, what the hell, man?"

"But it was self-defense! She was lunging at me with a mallet!"

"So? She's a girl, you can't punch her like that!" Zhia approaches the body and stares at it warily. "God, I think you knocked her unconscious... how could you!?"

"Are you seri- she was about the knock us all unconscious!" Catch sighs. "Whatever, just... what are we going to do before she wakes up?"
Last edited by TheCatchphrase on Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
live in technicolor

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:31 pm
r4p17 says...

Teleports back with Susan instead of Aslan and finds Cat on then floor Whqt just happened? Maybe I should have grabbed Lucy too we need a healer, not somone to deal with the lion
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

53 Reviews

Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:17 pm
CuriosityCat says...

Cat suddenly stands up in the midst of all the chaos. She looks shocked and annoyed. Everyone jumps back a little, because they assumed she was knocked out.

"Did you guys seriously think I was down in one punch? Seriously? And the whole 'you just hit a girl' conversation, that's so sexist! You guys are unbelievable," Cat says, miffed. She rounds on Catch, who flinches. "And maybe if you had just been so KIND as to not lie to me about my Kindle, you wouldn't even have been IN this situation!"

Cat wrinkles her lip in disgust at the occupants of the Tavern and heavily plants her foot on the back of the struggling troll, who is still lying on the floor. She drops the mallet on the ground, whereupon it makes a tremendous SQUEAK.

"I wasn't actually going to do any real damage. It's how I vent when SOME PEOPLE," Cat glares pointedly at the troll for a moment, "make me angry or hurt my feelings."

Cat then sighs and goes over to greet her friend Aslan, leaving everyone else standing still in shock.

"I’m always going to embarrass myself and I’m pretty comfortable with that now."
— Misha Collins

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:44 pm
StupidSoup says...

guh....errrgh.....wuz derea mouse? I-like mice

*staggers to his feet drunkenly and swivels over to Catch*

Hey u! you youyoyuoyuyouy- wa.....wats ur name gain? It was.....The! Yeah, The. Ya wanna catch eh mouse wif me? I can cook it an eat it and the large female tiger wont get ANY! *shouts the last part*

Look man I-I got da cheesess, I got a empty bottle of soda,.....Why do I have an empy bottle of soda?

nawnawnawnanaw never mind, I'll just hand it to the tiger.

*hands empty soda can to the mallet.*

You take care o that kitty kitty.

*takes one step and falls face first onto the floor*
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

5 Reviews

Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:12 pm
TheCatchphrase says...

"WAIT WHY IS ASLAN IN THE TAVERN?"
live in technicolor

179 Reviews

Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:13 pm
r4p17 says...

"Well, it appears everything is all right, Susan. Let me know whe you kill the lion."

"Will do!" Susan replies. Immediately she heads out the door and begins tracking the lion.
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:13 pm
SkyeWalker says...

Zhia had watched all of this with slight amusement.

"You know Cat, I was just playing along. However, YOU-" She pauses for dramatic effect as she stares at Catch, "DID punch my best friend in the face. Us girls take care of each other, and I happen to be one of those who has been trained with these," she pulls out her twin katanas with a hiss, "AND these," She sheaths her Japanese swords with a dual flick of her wrists, and reveals multiple sheaths by taking her overcoat off. She pulls a throwing dagger out of one of them and runs her finger along the metal in a threatening manner.

"And I ALSO have these nice mini-grenades right here. Yes, I have used them. And before you ask, I am used to bringing in concealed weapons."

She strides over to Catch and points in his face, stating in a clear voice, "I am a warrior, trained to survive. Don't mess with my friends, or you WILL be sorry. I'm not one of those who are afraid to pull the trigger."

Out of the corner of her eye she sees the Troll stumbling around Cat drunkenly. She stomps over to him and displays a previously unknown ability. She collects air around her fist and blows the pesky troll straight into the wall, knocking him out and leaving Cat slightly wind blown. As she storms out, she glares at every single person in the room, as if challenging them to do anything. As she walks out into the cold air, she hears a quiet exchange between Catch and R4, respectively.

"She now terrifies me. I think I should get to know her better. Be good to have someone like her on my side."

"I'm glad she's already ON my side."

She smiles slightly before closing the door.
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

53 Reviews

Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:53 am
CuriosityCat says...

It's safe to say that everyone is now completely creeped out by the melodramatic girl terror-beasts.

Cat turns back around from talking with Aslan and orders a drink. She chugs down the frothy white liquid before anyone can ask her what it is. A stupid smile forms on her features. She walks from the room, tripping, and comes back a minute later dragging Zhia behind her by the scruff of the neck. Cat then crosses the room to give Catch and r4 a bone-crushing hug.

"I forgive you for the Kindle thing, and the punching thing. Zhia does, too, but she'll never tell you," Cat tells them a little giddily. "In fact, I think she'd rather be boiled alive. It's a post-apocalyptic warrior thing. I don't quite get it either."

Everyone gives her a funny look.

"What the heck happened to you?" says r4 bluntly, surprised (pleasantly surprised) by Cat's sudden lack of bloodthirstiness.

"Whee!" squeals Cat, running around the room with her arms outstretched like an airplane. She runs into a wall and falls flat on her back. Then she jumps up and starts climbing the walls, claws dug into the plaster. She giggles something like "Jingle Bells, Batman Smells" to herself as she climbs, but it's too garbled to make out clearly.

"Hmm," mutters Zhia to r4. "I think she drank some eggnog."

— Misha Collins

54 Reviews

Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:21 am
StupidSoup says...

*Is refreshed by Zhias....I wanna say Avatar ripoff?*

Ah, a nice gust of air, a brisk breeze, Now I feel like pressing this Giant......Red......Button

*Clicks button and blows Zhia, Cat, and r4 out of the Tavern.*

(Smiling Goofily) Now to enjoy the beautiful bouquet of this delicious Cherry Icee.

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

179 Reviews

Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:31 am
r4p17 says...

I watch as Susan returns with her bow still in hand.

"Could you deal with that... Troll, once and for all?" I ask Susan

"If you mean kill him, well of course not, but I think I could do a little target practice to scare him off. Does shooting that peice of chicken is is about to put in his mouth sound good?" She smiles mischievously.

"Sure! Anything that will scare him off! Thaks for the help."

54 Reviews

Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:52 am
StupidSoup says...

*whips his head around dramatically*

Did someone say chicken?

*eats chicken and holds magnet in the other hand, all arrows hit the magnet*

gg force equation

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

53 Reviews

Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:08 am
CuriosityCat says...

Cat storms back in, covered with ash and extremely singed from the explosion, and snatches a bow from the wall. She plugs the troll square in the forehead with a net-arrow. He falls to the ground writhing helplessly in a huge weighted net. Cat drags him from the Tavern and kicks him out onto the street. She hisses a threat to him that no one else can hear and slams the door behind her.

After that dramatic scene, Cat then goes back to being silly and sipping eggnog through a curly straw. She sprinkles paper snowflakes around the room and smooches her face into the fur of her kitten's belly. She plays "Making Christmas" from The Nightmare Before Christmas through her headphones and sings it very loudly as she dances around the Tavern.

— Misha Collins

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:24 am
ScarletDreams14 says...

(Anyone up for a good Percy Jackson and the Olympians RP?)
ScarletDreams14

A wise man once said... "POTATO IS THY LORD, FOR THE POTATO MAKES DELICIOUS FRENCH FRIES."

and that is the legend of the potato...

~Scarlet

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m26svqNCNH1qmib1so1_500.gif

5 Reviews

Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:03 am
TheCatchphrase says...

(Eh, I've never really read/watched Percy Jackson, so I don't know enough about it to do a RP.)
Last edited by TheCatchphrase on Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
live in technicolor

I'm tired of books having villains who are just villains for no reason.
— EllieMae