Young Writers Society

Very indepth critiques

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:29 pm
Lost_in_dreamland says...

Ok; my critiques are going to drastically improve :lol:
so expect some big changes.
I'm only going to accept ten a week, so they will be very indepth, although I might possibly extend this if I find that I'm quicker than originally expected.
I will post them here like this : -

Week one

1. Kiss the witch -Dr/Mr Vanderguard Milton
2 Niccy - Firebird and Scars
3 LoveableLittleSock - Walking in the dark.

and I shall pm you when I have done yours ;)

I will critique anything, my review will be something like this:

The whole thing quoted, individual sentence by sentence, commenting on the good (and not so good) parts) followed by headings dialogue. character development etc then discussion of why the good parts are good, and why the bad parts are bad. Followed by tips and an overall impression. Including my thoughts upon what message you are trying to convey to the reader. This may end up being a download document if it's too long.
Please note: I am very philosophical, I go very deep into everything and depict messages that you may not even have intended the readers to feel. I will also do analysises on individual characters :D
I may also include some activities for you to try to improve certain parts, and will discuss your characters. I may also have suggested reading.

I analyse things very deeply :lol:

please don't be afraid of my reviews. I don't go into grammatical errors too much, unless they are blatantly obvious. Mainly because I don't believe that grammar is the point of writing. I mean; I don't care if your grammar is atrocious, because that's not really what writing's about. Is it? No; it's about more than that, it's about escaping and being yourself. Teaching us something new.

Note: I don't really want individual chapters, compile several or the whole novel. As long as possible please :D I don't want short things and definitely not individual chapters. Ok; you may feel that one chapter needs extra work, instead just give me the whole thing, or at least several chapters, I don't mind xD

Ok; I want one. What do I do?
Tell me. Simple as that. Post the link here and the name. Remember Kirsten's golden rules.

Kirsten's Golden Rules.

Make it long!!!! - no short things please, bet people don't say that often :lol: and remember, if you don't have anything short you can add another story onto the end, even if it's nothing to do with the first. So that I have something of considerable length to critique.

And what if I just want one chapter critiqued?
Then post several, I want to analyse this thing! I don't just want one chapter, c'mon give me more. I want lots and lots and lots :D I have a greed for words.

Don't expect it to be ripped to pieces. Don't expect me to rip your work to shreds, expect me to analyse it to shreds but not to rip it to shreds.

And the difference is? I'm not going to go on about how terrible your grammar is, or how underdeveloped your characters are. I'm going to delve deep into the meanings of your story, what you're trying to convey and why. I'm going to inform you and improve your work.

Expect a lot of comments.
Expect the critique to be long. Very long.

And what about poetry, art, scripts etc?
Ah; scripts - well they'll just be the same as fiction ^ the very long thing up there :lol:
Art; post several pieces, I will try my best to comment on contrast etc but I am by no means a photographic genius or anything :lol: so I will try ;) Poetry, compile them, include as many as you like.

Get you now, but what if I've already posted them all on individual threads?
That's fine too, just post all the links and I will comment on them all in the one document, with subheadings for each poem. Even if you have thirty, I will do them all, although I can't name a time period for that many :lol:

Anything else?
No.

hehe :lol: the last one was just for the pointlessness of it, I'm evil, I know :lol:

-kirsten xxx :D ;) 8) :-)

I will get them done eventually, it might just take a while :lol:
Last edited by Lost_in_dreamland on Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
for what are we without words and stories?

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:14 am
Mars says...

I would LOVE an indepth critique. Actually, you did review the first part of it, when there were parts, but now I've glomped it all into one big thing. So I hope it's long enough.
topic40484.html
Thank you, a lot. I need as much feedback as you can give me on this one. *rants about dialogue*
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:44 am
niccy_v says...

Oh, you are just the person.

Firebird: topic40583.html
[on second check you're already doing it? But add to your list! In depth sounds great!!!]

And Scars please: post455258.html#455258
[By the way... It's incredibly unpolished. Surface layer edit so far, yet to figure out a plot other than 'romance against the odds'. Which is kind of pathetic for a plot but ayyyye!]
[Want more than 9 pages? Reply to the thread/pm me and yeah, I'll gladly give you MORE!! *evil laugh*
Writing gives my life purpose

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:03 pm
niccy_v says...

By the way, when you're halfway through Scars and banging your head against a wall, I will quote you on this! You asked and you received and now you're going to die!

Wow *gasp* my opinion on my wiring is that bad? Thanks again sososo much
Writing gives my life purpose

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:29 am
LoveableLittleSock says...

*gulp*

This is short. Eep. But I spend five hours on it, and it only turned out to be 1,000 words. I'm sorry! Don't hit me!

It's only one chapter too, so... Oy. You see, I haven't really written much else, and the only other chapter I have is in the middle of the story, so if you want to check that out? =]

It's in the romantic fiction section, although in this particular piece I haven't gotten to the romantic part just yet.
Please review it? Pretty please?

Link! topic41045.html
Got YWS?

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:05 am
DreamyAlice says...

Hello, I am one of the res crew mods here on YWS. This is a message just to inform you that I will lock and archive this thread as it is not active anymore. We have to archive and lock the inactive threads to keep the forum organized so no worries, if you'd like to reopen it at any point in the future please contact a current resources moderator, we would be happy to reopen it for you ^-^

-Alice
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

"I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy..."
— Unnamed Girl from "Mean Girls"