z

Young Writers Society

Need Mucho Reviews

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:02 pm
Conrad Rice says...

I'm running out of things to just skim through and review on the forums, so I'm putting myself up here.

I'll let you know what you can expect from me. First off, I don't really check for grammar, punctuation, spelling, or any other mechanics. I may, but don't count on it. What I will look for if you ask me to review are things like character development, the overall cohesiveness of a story, and description. If you want me to look for specific things, such as one character's believeablity or something like that, tell me and I will be very happy to do it.

I will review just about anything in the Science Fiction, Other Fiction (especially Other Fiction), Fantasy, or Action/Adventure genres. There are a few stipulations. I don't do multi-parters really well, even though I've written a few of them myself. If no one's giving me anything to review, then I'm more likely to do it. If there's a lot of stuff, one parters will take precedence over multi-parters. And, to you Fantasy people, if I think that what you are writting is a Tolkein ripoff, I will let you know. However, I will give you advice on how to improve it, not simply stand there and insult you like a high school jock. I'm not here to make you feel bad, I'm here to help you improve your story.

You can post your links on this thread or, if you don't really feel like doing that for whatever reason, PM me. As of right now, I can promise reviews in 1-2 days. This may change at some point in the future though, in which case I will inform you when you ask me to review your work.

That's all on my end. Send your stuff in, and good luck.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: As of August 22nd, 2008, I am going to say that though I haven't put a price on my critiques, if you would critique something of mine, I will be more receptive to you if you need me to critique more of your work.
Last edited by Conrad Rice on Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:06 pm
StellaThomas says...

Could you review my story "The List"? I'm warning you now, it's quite long, but it's only one part. It's in my portfolio. I'll give you cookies and review something of yours too :D
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:16 am
Firearris says...

Could you review this for me? topic33149.html If so, thanks a lot! :D
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

369 Reviews

Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:25 am
Conrad Rice says...

Stella, Firearris, I've reviewed yours.

Next?

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:30 am
Jamie_rocks says...

Hey, I just posted this, it's the first chapter of a supernatural horror story. It's sort of long, but not too bad. I'm worried about my dialog, description, and character development.

topic33373.html

P.S. I give points to good reviewers. \
Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:31 am
Flemzo says...

topic28848.html

Above is chapter one to my novel, Eleven Days in Hell. I have six chapters up right now, and i'm working on chapter eight. The more reviews I can get for some of the later chapters (if you want, you can review all of them, but my last couple of chapters don't have many, if any, reviews), the more I can feel like I can write and have it be read. I post Chapter One only to allow you to understand what's going on with the characters.

369 Reviews

Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:52 pm
Conrad Rice says...

Jamie_rocks, Flemzo, you're covered now. Who's next?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:55 pm
Emerson says...

I'm next! ^^

Into The Dark

In general look for character development and mood? I wanted it to be effect for emotions, but I'm not sure how it was. Thaaaaank you. ^^
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:17 pm
Jon says...

topic33850.html

please and thank you

I do like gold stars!

---Jon---
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:20 pm
JFW1415 says...

Out of Focus

You know you love me. XXD

So be harsh? Please? XXD

~JFW1415

369 Reviews

Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:24 pm
Conrad Rice says...

Suzanne, wiseman, J, finished all of yours, no problems.

Any other unfortunate souls?

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:27 pm
xxfourthelement says...

Yes, please...

topic34123.html

It's the second chapter of a multi-part story. In Other Fiction, because it's very light on the sci-fi aspect.

Thank you very much!
"...I laugh, and laugh, and laugh. Sometimes I can stop laughing before people start edging away and talking about soothing drinks." - Lord Raould of Goldenlake and Malorie's Peak

Free Reviews

369 Reviews

Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:42 pm
Conrad Rice says...

took care of fourthelement

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:01 pm
Swottielottie says...

I desperately need reviews for my novels Chapter's: Ellima and the Cerulean Crystal!
If you could review it I'd be ever so grateful :D!

Let me know when you want your payment of one big cookie ! XD

369 Reviews

Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:35 am
Conrad Rice says...

Got one of yours, Swottielottie.

Life's short; smile while you still have teeth.
— Tuesday