z

Young Writers Society

There is no guarantee...

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Fri May 16, 2008 5:27 pm
LoveableLittleSock says...

Hey - just got back a week or two again and have just begun posting on YWS again. I've improved a lot, and I'm eager to see what everybody's been doing while I've been gone. I won't procrastinate like I did, so bring them on!

Warning

I'm harsh. I'm very harsh. I'm not super-mean, like, I won't tell you your story sucks and you should never write again. Sometimes I will comment on every single paragraph/scene or go into extreme grammar nitpicking mode and annoy the hell out of you. I will be blunt and honest, so don't be offended if you see a, "This paragraph sucks. Let's fix it!" Under some passage that you spend two hours on (hopefully that won't be the case, though!)

If you don't want me to be super-harsh and want me to tone down my attitude a little, I'll try my best to sugarcoat everything. I don't want to scare anybody away =] Of course, if I absolutely love whatever you've written, don't get angry if I can't find anything to nitpick or improve. It happens!

Recently, I reviewed a chapter for my friend on here, and I just kept saying, "I hate this. I hate this. I hate your protagonist. I hate this dialogue." So expect such things - just remember that I will never ever tell you something like, "You can't write," or "You're a bad writer." Two statements that are completely uncalled for in any context. I will say, "You can't write dialogue," =] But I'm honest, so don't come running at me with a knife if you can't take it. Let me try to get the link to that critique up here..

Examples

These are the most recent, and perfect examples of my wimpiness and my harshness. Check them out:

HARSH

The Real Life Story of a Girl (Teddybear22)

Heartsick - Chapter One (springrain2693)

WIMP

Vicissitudes - Tyler (Bickazer)

So check those out if you wish. Anyway, let's get to the genres I do and don't review!

I REVIEW:
Romance
Realistic Fiction
Historical Fiction
Fantasy
Action/Adventure Fiction
Poetry (Lyrical or Narrative)
Scripts

I DON'T REVIEW:
Science Fiction
Specific kinds of Poetry (like Epic)
Fan Fiction
Song Lyrics
Art & Photography
Non-Fiction (Essays, etc.)

I will also do Advanced Critiques (check out the forum if you don't know what those are), but it might take a while. Moving on, thanks for checking out my little business and I hope you give me something to [s]tear apart [/s]review!

~*Sara*~
Last edited by LoveableLittleSock on Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:44 am, edited 11 times in total.
Got YWS?

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Fri May 16, 2008 7:21 pm
JFW1415 says...

*Poke*

Repercussions Part One
Repercussions Part Two
Repercussions Part Three

Please? :wink:

Be harsh!

Thanks a billion! PM me if you'd like me to return the favor.

~JFW1415

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Fri May 16, 2008 9:36 pm
Icaruss says...

=D

I'd be happy with you critiquing any of my stories. No one ever seems to read my stuff. Be mean if you must.
there are many problems in our times
but none of them are mine

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Fri May 16, 2008 9:54 pm
JFW1415 says...

*Poke*

Haha, the one I listed was actually 'Promises Not Kept.' 'Repercussions' is the two-part one. :roll: Jeez, I should have known that...

Anyways, thanks for the first review! I'm off to read it - I hope you were harsh! :wink:

~JFW1415

183 Reviews

Mon May 19, 2008 3:53 pm

Keep them coming!
Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 335
Wed May 28, 2008 5:31 pm
Fireweed says...

If you would give me an in-depth critique of my poem "Chrysalis," which you can find in my featured works, you would have my undying love and gratitude. It's been posted for eons but I've only gotten one critique and would really appreciate more feed back.

Hm... I'm not going to say "be harsh" or "go easy on me", just... be honest?

Thank you! ^_^
"I myself am composed entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."- Augusten Burroughs

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Fri May 30, 2008 2:37 am
Sohini says...

Please review my first Romance story.

Here it is:

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic30663.html

Meow...
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:51 am
RandomGrrl says...

Hi! So, would somewhat-strange fiction count? Not like, "Aah! The tacos are attacking!" kind of strange. Just a freaky twist kind of story. If you're interested at all, click the link below. :D

topic29344.html

PM me if I can help in return!
RG

183 Reviews

Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:28 pm

AH! Sorry! I didn't see the last 3! I was supposed to be e-mailed.

I'll get to those immediately!
Got YWS?

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:04 am
Icaruss says...

Please? It's a three-part story. It's called Tangled Up In Blue, and it's from the Romance Section. You can review the three parts, or just the first one, whatever you want.

topic31224.html
topic31268.html
topic31373.html
there are many problems in our times
but none of them are mine

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:22 am
deleted2 says...

Hey there :D

I'll critique for a critique XD Haha

The story I want critiqued is called The Ultimatum, in Adventure/Action. Forgot how to link :oops:

Anyway, is there anything you want critiqued?

XxxDo

183 Reviews

Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:15 am

I'm back in business! Posting this so my little post will get to the front of the forum so I won't be completely ignored =] So bring them on!

~*Sara*~
Got YWS?

174 Reviews

Reviews: 174
Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:10 pm
lucyy says...

I wonder if you could review the preface and starting chapter in my new romantic fiction project. I would love truthful, harsh reviews please that will help in my writing improvement :D
You don't have to do them both at once, but I'll post the two links for you:

Preface: topic34262.html
10 years ago (Part One) : topic34733.html

Huge thank you in advance (: & if you would like any reviews in return I'd be happy to help :D
--Lucyy xx

P.S. I really hope you don't mind me asking all that of you at once, I feel bad ...
& also, you know you have a link in your signature linking up to this page, how do you do it??
Last edited by lucyy on Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't think, or judge. Just Listen."

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:06 pm
Jon says...

www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic38422.html --- Chapter Eight

be harsh!

Oh and Chapter 7 too please!

but don't leave me in tears. :D

---Jon---
:D
Thankyou!
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:26 pm
melkor says...

Fascinating.

Do your worst.

Not just your very worst, but so terrible that each of your words will be as a serpent, and each stroke of the keyboard as the blow of a posionous sword.
So that every grammatical error doth shy away in shame, and each misplace paragraph will shiver in fear!

Yes!

Do thy most vile and evile doings, and with my swift and terrible retribution, a dark hole shall be formed, as the coming of two dark harbingers collides mercilessly, and the space and time contanium shall shatter as a broken mirror, death himself will flee, and life will fade away!!!!!!!
Then...

we shall have a review........

Oh....

I almost forgot the link:

Link: topic38538.html

"He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. "
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
~Douglas Adams

I am not a person I am a natural disaster
— TheWordsOfWolf