z

Young Writers Society

Royal Reviews by the Empress

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:02 am
empressoftheuniverse says...

Hello; I am Meagan the Empress and I am looking for something, anything, to get my hands on and critique. No charge; I just do it for the sake of doing it.

Queu of fabulousness
1. Dakota's novel

I'd be happy to do
Science Fiction
Action/ Adventure Fiction
Fantasy
Other Fiction
Romantic Fiction
Horror/ Supernatural Fiction
Non-Ficiton
Any Essays
Scripts
Fanfiction
Historical Fiction
Poetry (will make a valiant attempt)
Parody
Art/Photography
Other
I will do any lenght of work; and If you have, say, 900,000 parts of a story up I will critique all of them.

What you can expect from me: the very basics of grammar (forgot a period? need a new paragraph) sentence structure and word usage, dialogue and setting, pacing, character development and description, and probably anything you think you need help with.
But I'm no grammar monkey-- there's probably a ton of mistakes in this post.

I am, first and foremost, a reader and lover of stories; not a linguistics teacher and not a sadistic critiquer. I won't upbraid you for a misplaced comma.

Here's an example of my work:
post595675.html#p595675
Last edited by empressoftheuniverse on Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart.
*Le Bible
Royal Reviews Here!

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:21 pm
DakotaK says...

Hey Empress,
It's great your up and ready to do reviews so recently after joining. I just wanted to say hi and ask for a rain check :D I'll be posting a long novel later this month (only the first half) and I'd be overjoyed if you would be willing to check it out for me. If we ever get the point system back I will definitely donate to anyone willing to tackle my novel.

Thanks,
~Dakota
What is important is to know fear and yet take a step forward.
Rosette Christopher

Looking for peeps to review my novel:)

novel.php?id=1142

370 Reviews

Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:34 pm

Thank you dakota!
I am pretty new to this site but I have done a fair amount of reviews. I will definitely read your novel when it comes out and donations are not necessary. I don't know if I'll be able to finish it quickly; i just went to my first day of ninth grade and the homework seems pretty severe.
*Le Bible
Royal Reviews Here!

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:45 am
Xunnamius says...

Hello fellow new person :lol:

I flew by and saw you'd go for some Action/Adventure fiction in the form of a novel. I've got just the sort of novel! I'd love ya if you took a peak at it (link in the description), and I'll review anything of yours in return 8)

It isn't long enough to take you in to the end of September -- if you decide you like it -- so I shouldn't get in the way of Dakotak (she did ask first :P )

Thanks!
Out of English and into Programming!
This author is taking a break from his stories to create new ones in the world of C(#).

He'll be back. I promise!

What anime am I watching?

370 Reviews

Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:52 am

xunnanimus...
It is interesting; reading a 250 page book on the computer. I don't think I will ever do it again. Ever. For anyone. At least, not in practically one sitting (was up till one thirty.... ughh)
*Le Bible
Royal Reviews Here!

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:15 am
Xunnamius says...

Is that because it's so good? :lol:
Out of English and into Programming!
This author is taking a break from his stories to create new ones in the world of C(#).

He'll be back. I promise!

What anime am I watching?

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:48 am
DreamyAlice says...

Hello, I am one of the res crew mods here on YWS. This is a message just to inform you that I will lock and archive this thread as it is not active anymore. We have to archive and lock the inactive threads to keep the forum organized so no worries if you'd like to reopen it at any point in the future please contact a current resources moderator, we would be happy to reopen it for you ^-^

-ALICE
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

A person is a fool to become a writer. His only compensation is absolute freedom. He has no master except his own soul, and that, I am sure, is why he does it.
— Roald Dahl