Young Writers Society

Jiggity's Jiggling Jays!

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:47 pm
Jiggity says...

And by Jays, I mean reviews, XD.

Welcome!

My J-reviews are awesome. Well, not really, but still, I've decided I might as well have a shop, no matter how broken down and dusty it is. You know you want something. XD.

What I do and don't enjoy

Strange, twisted or otherworldly stories are my favourites. Generally, Fantasy or Science Fiction works are a go, but having said that - given I frequent those forums often, if I haven't responded to it already it probably didn't catch my attention. I'm open to pretty much anything but I will say from the outset that posting a link here will not guarantee you a review. I'm mostly to be found in the Other Forum, by the by.

It guarantee's I'll read it, but little else.

Length generally isn't an issue, so long as the writing is good. I don't mind good, well written poetry but the angsty, emo, teen kind really annoys me so it keep it away please. ^_^

I also enjoy Historical Fiction and scripts.

I'll be busy in the next month or two, moving to another country, starting at a new university and editing/reading through the YWLJ submissions. There are already quite a few!

What I won't review

Romantic Fiction is generally a no-no for me, sorry kids. It'll have to be something exceptional to get me hooked. Seriously. The same goes for Non-fiction.

Anything that has been already well covered. I won't repeat what's already been said, generally annoys me unless I feel the point really needs to be emphasised.

My expertise

In terms of genre, horror, fantasy and science fiction are the areas I know best. I work well as both a copy and structural editor - but if you require too much of copy-editing, I won't be very happy as typos and poor grammar indicate you didn't really put much effort into it, which in turn indicates I shouldn't bother with it either.

What you need to do

Title:
Genre:
Type: [short story, chapter, etc]
Length: [light - 1-3k - medium - 3-5k - heavy 5-10k]
Link:

Requests Received:

1. The Elemental Gem, Night Mistress
2. Dr/Mr. Vanguard-Milton - Kissthewitch
3. Silent Hill - Maki-Chan

Requests Completed:

1. The Elemental Gem, Night Mistress

Bring it.
Last edited by Jiggity on Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:42 pm
Night Mistress says...

Title: The Elemental Gem
Genre: fantasy
Type: prolouge
Lenght: light
Link: topic41359.html
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:57 pm
Galerius says...

I need some jiggle in my life.

Watch this space; I'll get back to you as soon as I post a worthy piece, which should be soon...

798 Reviews

Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:39 am
Jiggity says...

Galerius -- everyone does.

Night Mistress -- please read through the guidelines more carefully next time. I don't like and will normally refuse to cover stories already reviewed by more than two or three people. Unless said people were completely unhelpful and incompetent, which I doubt.

I made an exception as you were the first to ask though!

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:32 am
Mars says...

I have work that's in need of some love, if you don't mind. It's a bit rough but it shouldn't need a copy editor.
Title: Dr./Mr. Vanderguard-Milton
Genre: Other Fiction
Type: Short story
Length: Medium
Link: topic40484.html
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:46 pm
Maki-Chan says...

well I really need my third chapter to be reviewed. Its not really important to know what "Silent Hill" is, even though its a fanfiction. All you need to know is that "Silent Hill" is a town that people's worst fears take shape.

topic40923.html

If you need to know what is happening Beth is looking for her missing sister. Right now she is currently in Silent Hill, with Sera. Sera is a really nice person who wants to help Beth, however Beth hates Sera.

prologue- Beth has a dream that her sister disappears, and it comes true

ch1- 4 years later Beth (18 years old) thinks about the past, and how no one really looked for her sister (Alex). Sera makes her appearance. Its highschool graduation day, and Beth leaves her hometown (Ashfield) and heads to Silent hill to find her sister. (Since she got a note in Alex's handwriting saying "Silent Hill").

ch2- Beth's car brakes down, and she has a strange dream. After she wakes up, Beth hitchhikes, and surprisingly Sera appears and offers her a ride. When they are driving Beth falls asleep, and has a nightmare.

ch3- topic40923.html

please review it *Begs*
check out my deviantart account ^_^
http://maki121.deviantart.com/

798 Reviews

Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:07 pm
Jiggity says...

Locked for now. Will deal with requests soon.

798 Reviews

Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:43 pm
Jiggity says...

Sorry guys, I've been uber busy but I will get to the one request I have remaining, Mars-who-was-one-kissthewitch, expect a review sometime soon.

Maki - I don't know whether it was the case when you first asked for it but it appears to have been well covered by reviews and as such, I won't be seeing to it. I don't like repeating what others have already said, as mentioned above.

Cheers

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:54 am
Galerius says...

If you don't mind jiggling over to my thread:

Title: Pleading to a Wet Sun
Genre: Lyric Poetry
Type: ...Poetry?
Length: 27 lines
Link: topic43953.html

Thank you.

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:53 am
DreamyAlice says...

Hello, I am one of the res crew mods here on YWS. This is a message just to inform you that I will lock and archive this thread as it is not active anymore. We have to archive and lock the inactive threads to keep the forum organized so no worries if you'd like to reopen it at any point in the future please contact a current resources moderator, we would be happy to reopen it for you ^-^

-ALICE
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.
— Sir James Dewar, Scientist