Young Writers Society

Camp NaNo '23: SSED Revisions

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:36 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

4/15: 7.2

So, I’m actually pretty happy with 7.2 (where Sunny and Robert help figure out the error on the array train), so today was an easy day in terms of revising that (I just added a bit more of Sunny’s internal thoughts at the end, as advised by my wonderful reviewers).
I also worked on that extraneous code scene a bit more…

“Okay, Robert. What do I do next?” Sunny glanced at the ambassador expectantly.

The robot lifted an arm slab to his face as if pinching the bridge of his non-existent nose. “If you’re really dead set on this… well, I suppose the first step is to define extraneous code.”
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

245 Reviews

Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:12 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

4/16: 8.15

Uhm. So I got caught up in some last-min scrambling for LMS, so not as productive as I wanted to be today. (Though I did get to walk around a big city and see cool architecture!) Anyways, minor edit:

Despite his complaints, however, Sunny and Robert were soon standing on the train platform, looking at a map of Method City. Sunny pointed to a cartoon depiction of a mountain range near the top of the map. "I'm assuming Spaghetti Code Mountain is there?"

Robert snorted. "No, Sunny, it's actually down there, in the middle of the ocean."

“Wait, really?” Sunny looked to the bottom of the map.

Robert stared at her incredulously until she realized it was sarcasm.

"Wow, thanks." Sunny rolled her eyes.
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

245 Reviews

Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:12 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

4/17: drafting

Just drafted a little more of the extraneous code scene! Whew, I’m gonna have a lot of work to do after coming home from vacation. >.>

Sunny stared at the rest of the code. “Robert. What are those lines and exclamation marks and ampersands doing there?” As if curly braces and semicolons weren’t enough, Java had to use other random symbols as well?
mint, she/her

=D

245 Reviews

Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:46 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

4/18: 8.2

Minor edits. Not very happy with Chapter 8 (like, it's kinda random? and Sunny makes a lot of jumps in logic?), but I'm not feeling great today, so I'll make major revisions later.

Sunny hid her fear with hero-like quips. Humor in the face of great evil and all.
mint, she/her

=D

245 Reviews

Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:49 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

4/19: 9.1

Mm… I kinda like 9.1 xD There’s some humor, and Sunny comes face-to-face with the “villain”! Still gotta do revisions for 8.2 tho,,,

Despite her tiredness, however, she noticed the squiggly clumps of code that squatted on the mountain like lumpy bushes. Were they the spaghetti code the mountain was named after?
mint, she/her

=D

245 Reviews

Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:19 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

4/20: 9.2

Also like the drama of Sunny debugging in 9.2! And today I finally did some revisions for 8.2, although they're kinda small-- just smoothing out the transition from the train station to the café.

The pair left the train station. As Robert and Sunny navigated through the streets of Method City, Sunny craned her neck backwards to look up at the tall buildings. Then she was distracted by a person juggling numbers on the sidewalk, and some street performers singing a song about arrays. Her head whipped back and forth as she tried to absorb all the sights and sounds.

“Robert, look! Are those dancing semicolons?”

“Mhmm.” Robert made a left turn.

“Another variapet show! Ooh, a building with percent sign decorations!”

“The café will be on our right.”

“And those people wearing dresses with ampersands on them, and that bracket burger place, and that surprisingly normal-looking taxi–”

“We’re here,” Robert announced.

Poor Robert. xD Just trying to get them to the café...
mint, she/her

=D

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:12 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

This is me, taking my kids anywhere remotely exciting, lol.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

245 Reviews

Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:02 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

XD Yes, Sunny is like a small child sometimes a lot of times. =P

4/21: 10.1

Just some minor edits, making it so the old ambassador isn’t floating. My google doc takes a long time to load on mobile. >.>

The robot looked like Robert had when he'd first revealed himself in Javaland– a smooth white oval. Except this one was firmly on the ground, and not hovering as Robert did.
mint, she/her

=D

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:17 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Spoiler! :
Lol, Jessica is like WALL-E and Robert is like Eve.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

245 Reviews

Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:15 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

XD

4/22: 10.2

Um. Yeah. Just read through the rest of this chapter... I really need to look back at the reviews I got. >.> Didn't change much (it's late and i be tired), but here's a part i liked:

She waved her notebook at him. "Read this."

Jasper squinted at the notebook. "Swords are awesome?"

"No, no, the one right above that."
mint, she/her

=D

245 Reviews

Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:44 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

4/23: [nothing]

I'm,, not really feeling this project right now,,, Here's to hoping I'll get more motivation tomorrow. But I'll be traveling again in a few days and I need to study for AP exams and do a lot of work before then, so @-@ not sure how much time I'll end up having...
mint, she/her

=D

659 Reviews

Reviews: 659
Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:00 am
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

Spoiler! :
Hey @Spearmint! Just wanted to say you have been doing fabulously this month and you should not pressurize yourself if you are not feeling it right now or if you are pressed for time. Also, I ablsolutely loved all the excerpts you have shared with us until now, especially the random and out of context ones!
“Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is.”

― Margaret Mitchell

245 Reviews

Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:02 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Spoiler! :
Ah, thank you, @RandomTalks! Really appreciate the comment, and that's good advice ^-^ And I'm glad you enjoyed the excerpts!! =P
mint, she/her

=D

245 Reviews

Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:01 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

4/25: 11.1

Added a bit where Jasper calls Sunny out on one of her flaws! Idk if it makes sense with the rest of the chapter (it's late for me xD) but it's a nice moment, I think.

Jasper paused for a moment, letting Sunny enjoy the food. Then he said, “And it’s not like you’re perfect either. You’re assuming things about me without knowing the context. I think the way I did things ended the war and destruction in the fastest way possible.” He looked grim, as if recalling the war.

Sunny stopped mid-chew. Was that true? Well, she supposed it was true that she hadn’t been there… She swallowed. “Oh. Um. Sorry.” She looked down at the burger. “I guess we both have things to work on?”

Jasper’s expression softened. “Yeah.”
mint, she/her

=D

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:16 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Spoiler! :
YES SUNNY, JASPER ISN'T SO BAD, HE'S JUST DEPRESSED AND TRYING TO GET BY WITH CHEESEBURGERS, DON'T BE HATIN'.

If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
— Woodrow Wilson