Reviews: 142
Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:53 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

The Halls of St. Julian's
Year Three

^ a collage of some of the 2100+ inages in my st. julian's pinterest board ^

July '21, April '22, July '22, April '23, Former Writers Corner Thread

"A Czech Nebraskan's attempt to assimilate into a wealthy, East Coast boarding school during the Great Depression goes completely awry as his principles, his family, and people's lives are threatened."

We're back and better than ever! Well, the former is definitely true. My plan for this Camp NaNo is to finish The Halls of St. Julian's. That being said, I did throw away Theresa's entire role (aka half the original book), and I may be having some second thoughts about that. We'll see. But, for now, I'm just planning to finish Eduard's last three chapters!

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:58 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

We're back and better than ever!

we love a nano comeback story!!

three chapters! you got this!! wishing you the best of luck with this story <3 <3
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

142 Reviews

Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:24 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

awww thanks so much Carlito!

4/2/2024

Words Today: 505
Total NaNo Words: 505

Today's Synopsis: Eduard is recuperating in the hospital after *the event*. He gets a surprise call from his mother and makes conversation with an older nurse while he's waiting for it. She strangely changes topics every time he asks if there's any news about Ethel. Then his mom calls, and he wonders what she's been told about what happened.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:52 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

you got this, looseleaf!! >:D strong start already!! <3
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

142 Reviews

Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:53 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Thanks @Spearmint!

4/10/2024

Words Today: 769
Total Words 1274

Today's Synopsis: Eduard asks his mom what she knows about what happened. He sees (MAJOR SPOILER ALERT) a death certificate on the table as Mrs. Klement reveals that Ethel is dead. Eduard is super upset and keeps repeating that he wants to go home and that the world is conspiring against him. The nurse makes him hang up, but slightly has a change a heart when she hears Eduard talk to his mom about Mr. Klement (they had been speaking in Czech before). Now, him and the nurse are back in his room and she's trying to apologize for everyone keeping it from him, but he won't listen.

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:32 pm
View Likes
Kaia says...

I see a lot of determination going into this. Good work!
Traditional Christian, ISFJ, and Infamous Quirky Cat
You are God's beautiful little being!

142 Reviews

Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:17 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Thank you @Kaia!

4/14/2024

Words Today: 609
Total Words: 1883

Today's Synopsis: Just a letter from Ethel's father to Eduard. It's a lot of rambling because he's drunk and depressed, but (hopefully) there's some touching content in it.

142 Reviews

Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:36 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

4/22/2024

Words Today: 574
Total Words: 2457

Today's Synopsis: Eduard finishes re-reading Ethel's dad's letter as he waits in the hallway. Headmaster Alarie's security beckons him into his office. Eduard sees the police officer from before and Cameron, who he hasn't seen in days.

142 Reviews

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:26 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Nearly tripled it!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

If you're paranoid that you're making your novel worse with each passing decision clap your hands
— Panikos