z

Young Writers Society

April 2024 Camp NaNo: ROADTRIP ROMANCE

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:30 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

amazing job so far, Carlito!! :D almost 2.5k this month! :O following along with your Camp NaNo/NaNo threads is always so inspiring <33
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:22 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

That's so kind @Spearmint thank you <3 <3

DAY 7
Words written: 103/500
Month total: 2536/15000
Manuscript total: 9018
One line?

Still with the parents so the numbers are still low, but my goal was to stay less than 1000 words behind and I'm still within that! Plenty of time to get caught up :)

Spoiler! :

Code: Select all
[b][color=Navy][size=125]DAY 1[/size][/color][/b]
[b][color=darkslategrey]Words written:[/color][/b] 0/500
[b][color=darkslategrey]Month total:[/color][/b]
[b][color=darkslategrey]Manuscript total:[/color][/b]
[b][color=darkslategrey]One line?[/color][/b]
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1162 Reviews

Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:28 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

DAY 8
Words written: 548/500 (<-- back in it!)
Month total: 3084
Manuscript total: 9566 (<-- i'm going to hit 10k tomorrow!!)
One line?
"I wanted to start a mental catalogue of everything that made her this happy so I could bring out this side of her more often."

ECLIPSE DAY.
I got to experience totality and it was truly incredible. Parents also left today, but I still didn't sit down to write until 10:30pm. I'll blame it on looking at every single eclipse post on every single social media platform?? and youtube

BUT THE SCENE I'VE BEEN FIDDLING WITH FOR DAYS IS FINALLY DONE. Bless.
I even think I know what needs to happen in the next one. Double bless.

(916 behind)

Ask a Therapist!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1162 Reviews

Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:51 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

DAY 9
Words written: 577/500
Month total: 3658/15000
Manuscript total: 10140 (10k!!!)
One line?
"Georgia was an anomaly. A gorgeous blue-haired gearhead with the ability to handle an M5 like a pro."

Started writing late again because it took me a minute to get motivated and figure out how to start this scene. But I was DETERMINED to hit 10k today and here we are! I didn't think I'd hit the word count today, but I let the writing be sloppy and I'll go back and fill stuff in later :)
also, this is my longest writing streak in a hot second. go me!

(842 behind)

Ask a Therapist!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:04 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

10k!!!!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1162 Reviews

Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:51 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

DAY 10
Words written: 505/500 <-- a small miracle
Month total: 4163/15000
Manuscript total: 10645
One line?
"She taught me how to lie, and she was the master."

lol 1/3 of the way through camp and i have the urge to jump ship to one of my new shiny rom com ideas. I'M STRONG & I WILL RESIST. There are two ideas basically at the same stage of development which means barely anything but I hope I can bumble through one of them during a future nano event this year. One has a really good title, the other doesn't yet. They both only have: a MC, a LI, maybe one theme, oneish trope, a setting, and maybe the opening scene. And I mean, literally what else do I need??
baking rom com & country rom com for future reference. might switch out country for a different word, we'll see...

Once I start writing though I'm good! I have so many scenes in roadtrip romance that I can't wait to get to!! I continued with the scene I started yesterday. I think I have all the right pieces to the scene, now I just have to connect it all together.

(837 behind)

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:55 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

DAY 11
Words written: 14/500
Month total: 4177/15000
Manuscript total: 10659
One line?

lol todays word count was brought to you by starting stardew valley.

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:02 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

DAY 12
Words written: 518/500
Month total: 4695
Manuscript total: 11177
One line?
spoiler for langauge
Spoiler! :
"I go along with what I know they want because it’s the path of least resistance, but fuck I want to fly.”

Finished a scene! Started a new scene! I also think I know roughly what needs to happen next. Aiden's POV is now in act 2! I decided to write most of Aiden's POV and then go back and write Georgia's POV so I can write linearly. (dual pov/dual timeline, each pov is a different timeline)

Hoping for a strong writing weekend to make a dent in my deficit!

(1305 behind)

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:56 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

DAY 13
Words written: 545/500
Month total: 5240/15000 <-- 1/3 of the way there!
Manuscript total: 11722
One line?
She underestimated how much Georgia really was on my mind.

lol it's Saturday and I had nothing but time today, but still started writing way too late. What can ya do? It was also beautiful outside and did some needed yard work! and stardew valley just keeps dragging me back. i'm about to make husband hide the switch from me

made some progress on one scene and then jumped ahead to the scene after that BECAUSE IT'S ONE OF 3 SCENES THAT I PLANNED BEFORE I STARTED WRITING. and it introduces something cute that will come up again in a few other critical moments :) :)

(1260 behind)

Ask a Therapist!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:20 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

She underestimated how much Georgia really was on my mind.

Omg. XD

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

1162 Reviews

Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:36 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

@Snoink the context makes it even better I promise!

DAY 14
Words written: 879/500 <-- not bad for starting at 10:30pm again!
Month total: 6119
Manuscript total: 12601
One line?
She was close enough that I could accidentally (on purpose) brush my arm against hers, or lean in more than was really necessary under the guise of getting a better angle or something. (And not because I wanted to be as close to her as possible).

Finished a scene and went back to the other one I started yesterday. The one (of three) that I had in my head before I started writing this book! I worked on the beginning of the scene (because yesterday I just jumped to the cute part).

Blown away that we're almost halfway through the month and I'm still relatively on track with my goals!!

(881 behind <-- back to less than 1000 behind!)

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:19 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

DAY 15
Words written: 533/500 <-- honestly didn't expect to get anywhere near the word count today!
Month total: 6652/15000
Manuscript total: 13134
One line?
I’d come here every day if I could. It’s one of the only places where I can take off my mask and be my full self.

Panicked a bit because I opened my scrivener file at a time I won't disclose and was like oh gosh how do I connect what I wrote yesterday to what I wrote the day before?? remembered I had a brainwave as I was falling asleep last night and had the foresight to scribble something in my notes app! And it even still makes some sense today! BLESS.
I did today's word count in literally 18 minutes which means truly anything his possible.

(848 behind)

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:39 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

DAY 16-19
Words written: 342/2000 (..........)
Month total: 6994/15000
Manuscript total: 13476
One line?

So staying up way too late caught up with me this week and I didn't get much done. I bounced around a little bit and wrote some bits of scenes ahead. I also did some planning on one of the days I didn't write at all. Here's hoping the small brain break will yield a big writing weekend! :)

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:18 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

DAY 20
Words written: 2162/500
Month total: 9156/15000
Manuscript total: 15638
One line?
I successfully made it through the summer without slipping up and kissing her.
(proud of you aiden <3)

Starting off today, I definitely didn't plan to write so much. But then I got in a groove and here we are! Back to a manageable amount behind :)
(and I did have a moment around 1600 words where I was like.... ya know what? I think I have 1400 more in me today to get all the way caught up. And then at 2100 I lost all juice, but that's okay!
Finished the scene I started on day 13!
And I'm almost done with a new scene!
And would you even believe I wrote every word during daylight hours!

(844 behind)

Ask a Therapist!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:32 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

WOW. That is inspirational!

Sometimes wisdom came from strange places, even from giant teenaged goldfish.
— Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena