z

Young Writers Society

The Hand That Mocked Them

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sat May 21, 2022 2:19 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

He flinched; he supposes it was rather obvious, wasn't it? He lowered his hood, blinking up at the avioid. "All I have is desperation, sir; without my master I am nothing, I have no purpose. Is it not reasonable to want him well and whole again for my own sake as well as his?"
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sat May 21, 2022 2:23 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"You have the capacity to speak, and think, presumably, so you have the capacity to lie," Kivvien said, "I do recommend you try using that particular tool more often. You're pathetic enough to look at, no one needs to be irritated by your speaking as well."
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

112 Reviews

Sat May 21, 2022 2:26 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Forgive me for saying so, but appearing the way I do I have nothing else to vouch for me but my words and my mind, both of which I take great pride in using." He cranked himself backward a bit, deciding not to worry about concealing his prosthetics at this point. The avioid knew what he was, anyway. "I can pay you in silver to accompany me to my master, and once there I will pay you further in gold. Is that reasonable to you?"
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

95 Reviews

Sat May 21, 2022 2:30 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Kivvien gave it another moments thought, but he had already made up his mind. "Yes, that's acceptable."

he/they

112 Reviews

Sat May 21, 2022 2:32 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Hieronymus gasped, delighted, and clapped his hands together. "Oh, truly? That's wonderful to hear, sir, I can't begin to thank you enough!" He smiled broadly and came forward to offer his hand to shake. "You won't regret this, I swear to you."

she/her

95 Reviews

Sat May 21, 2022 2:39 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Kivvien concealed his disgust with touching the abomination's hand as he carefully grabbed it to give a quick shake and released it. "You will be held to that," he said.

he/they

112 Reviews

Sat May 21, 2022 2:40 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"I don't ever break my word," Hieronymus said firmly. "Might I know your name, generous sir?"

she/her

95 Reviews

Sat May 21, 2022 2:54 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"Kivvien of Mural," He answered stiffly. A journey with this creature would be nearly insufferable. It was best to hope that this thing hadn't gained its personality from its master.

he/they

112 Reviews

Sat May 21, 2022 2:58 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"I am Hieronymus Heel." He bowed as best he could, which wasn't very well. "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance!"

she/her

95 Reviews

Sat May 21, 2022 3:04 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"I'm glad you think as much." Kivvien was rather eager to get the creature out of his room now that his use for the moment had been exhausted. "I will meet you in the early morning outside of the inn."

he/they

112 Reviews

Sat May 21, 2022 3:08 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Of course, of course." Hieronymus bobbed his head. "I'll be there. Er...what mode of transportation are you using, if I may ask?"

she/her

95 Reviews

Sat May 21, 2022 3:05 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"I have a cart and mule," he said, "I suppose you'll have to ride in the cart to keep up."

he/they

112 Reviews

Sat May 21, 2022 3:18 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"That will suit me perfectly." He dipped his head. "Thank you."

she/her

95 Reviews

Sat May 21, 2022 3:23 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"Yes yes," he moved to open the door.

he/they

112 Reviews

Sat May 21, 2022 3:24 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Hieronymus moved toward it, craning his neck to look up at Kivvien. "Thank you again. Thank you. I'll look forward to traveling with you, sir!"
Last edited by Ljungtroll on Mon May 23, 2022 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

she/her

Nothing says criminal activity like strong bones. ;)
— Magebird