I wipe my eyes and remain composed, holding Jackie close without hurting Natalie, "He's gonna be okay, Jacks. Shh. Let's go sit down. They're going to take care of things now."
I'm never what I like I'm double sided And I just can't hide I kind of like it When I make you cry 'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up Inside
I take Natalie from her and wrap my other arm around her, keeping her from going, "We can see him in a bit, Jacks. We have to let them work. Please. Don't leave me. I'm just as scared as you are..."
I'm never what I like I'm double sided And I just can't hide I kind of like it When I make you cry 'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up Inside
The bird that would soar above the level plain of tradition and prejudice must have strong wings. It is a sad spectacle to see the weaklings bruised, exhausted, fluttering back to earth. — Kate Chopin, The Awakening