I swallow and flash us to the hospital, kissing Jackie's forehead and a clean part of her stomach before letting nurses and doctors take care of them. Please be okay. Please be okay.
I'm never what I like I'm double sided And I just can't hide I kind of like it When I make you cry 'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up Inside
Ella nods and I smile at her, loving how she missed some numbers.
,,,,,,,,,,, Jackie
I they patch up my stomach and my vision shifts, my eyes closing. Everything goes numb and all I hear is the beeping of two heartbeats, mine, and Halee's.
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!
I kiss the top of her head and glance up at Rayah.
```` Nic
I stop crying and toughen up, wiping my face and standing. Hesitantly, I walk to the door they took her through and set a hand on the wood. A nurse comes up and tries to stop me.
"You can't go in yet," she says solemnly, "The doctors are still working. Please take a seat."
I'm never what I like I'm double sided And I just can't hide I kind of like it When I make you cry 'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up Inside
I study Rayah. Can we talk? About what happened? I feel it's bothering you somehow...
```` Nic
The doctors come out and I walk straight in, my heart aching at the sight of Jackie hooked up to all those machines. I take her side and wrap her hand delicately in mine, letting her know I'm there.
I'm never what I like I'm double sided And I just can't hide I kind of like it When I make you cry 'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up Inside
I swallow and look away before heading up to our room, shutting the door behind me.
`````` Nic
I swallow and blink back any more emotion, kissing her forehead and pulling myself as close as possible. My eyes scan the room and set on a glass casing the size of a shoe box, a frail pink body wrapped in white inside. I flash a smile hysterically and point to it for Jackie, "She's right there, Jacks. She's fine."
I'm never what I like I'm double sided And I just can't hide I kind of like it When I make you cry 'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up Inside
I close my eyes and it replays again, causing my head to pound.
````` Nic
I smile and flash to the incubator, looking over our beautiful newborn. Scanning over the chart at her side, I notice how small she is and set my hand on the glass, "I-I don't know if you can yet, Jacks. She's so tiny..."
I'm never what I like I'm double sided And I just can't hide I kind of like it When I make you cry 'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up Inside
Uh, Lisa, the whole reason we have elected officials is so we don't have to think all the time. Just like that rainforest scare a few years back: our officials saw there was a problem and they fixed it, didn't they? — Homer Simpson