z

Young Writers Society

Dry Bones Tavern

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:43 am
View Likes
Shady says...

The bandit grunted and started scribbling something on the note. "And where is he now?"

Rek eyed Acacia, hoping she didn't escalate the matter any. Should he try to intervene? Or just leave well enough alone? He wasn't sure. He grudgingly took off his necklace and tossed it in the burlap bag the bandit was waving in his face now, then handed over his coin purse with a sigh. This wasn't at all how he'd envisioned his night going.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:50 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

“What, do you want his coordinates?” Luke scowled. “He’s out. Running errands. I don’t know where exactly. In town, probably.”

She tried to remember what her dad had said this morning. But he was an awfully talkative man, so each errand was buried in at least five minutes of barely related monologging. “That’s all I know. Really.”
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:52 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

she narrowed her eyes, but wasn't able to do anything yet so she just stood there silently, glaring holes into the bandits but looked away a few seconds later

935 Reviews

Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:52 am
View Likes
Shady says...

The bandit huffed. "What's he look like, then? The longer it takes to find him, the longer we're gonna be best of buds, so I suggest you help me find him sooner rather than later."

[they/he]

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:02 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Luke swiveled behind her to the giant portrait that had been behind them the entire time. The Edwin family portrait because Dad was nothing if not a family man. Dad stood in the top left with his usual grin and busy beard, his long brown hair in a thick braid. Mom stood by his side, with her stern face and very hidden smile. And Luke stood in the middle, her usual scowl painted with perfect detail.

She glanced back at the bandit. “Who did you think this man was?”
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

935 Reviews

Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:07 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"Watch your mouth," he muttered, glancing at the portrait. He turned towards one of his lackeys and held out the letter to him. "Go find the man and give him this letter. Let him know if he plays cute or tries to get the law involved or does anything but go directly to his vault and bring the money directly here, Luke's gonna be playing with the pointy end of my sword."

The outlaw chortled and took the letter, then slipped out into the night.

The head bandit sat back on a stool with a heavy sigh and a smug grin. "How about you draw me up an ale while we wait, sweetie?"

[they/he]

27 Reviews

Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:14 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

she rolled her eyes and sighs mumbling "such annoyance..." she looked to the side, tapping her finger on her arm

935 Reviews

Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:20 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"You never answered the question," the bandit said, turning back towards her but still keeping an eye on Luke to be sure they couldn't try anything funny with his drink. "You have someone that would pay a ransom for your mouthy return, sweetheart?"

[they/he]

27 Reviews

Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:45 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

"no, but i don't think it deserves a ransom, especially when your just a bandit wanting money and threatend peoples lives just to get what you want but..." she smirked behind her mask "...i guess a mere bandit like you has to do what he has to do to survive am i right?" she uncrossed her arms and stood up straight in a calm notion

935 Reviews

Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:48 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"Hmph," he huffed, deciding not to push the ransom for her. "Anyone else worth anything?"

Rek kept his mouth shut. How stupid could these bandits be? Thinking anyone would really out themselves as valuable to be ransomed? He thought not.

[they/he]

27 Reviews

Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:50 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

she chuckled quietly and looked at Rek in a curious notion but she kept her mouth shut and stayed still, putting hands behind her back, off the wall now

4146 Reviews

Reviews: 4146
Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:51 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Sarah held out on her flower shaped brooches. "That's all I have of value, sir. I'm sorry. I could make you something else if you wanted to. Otherwise." Sarah bowed. "Sorry, just a random village girl here."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:55 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Sticky watched as one of the bandits gave a note to the other, and she watched as they headed for the door. Someone was being sent out to follow through on that ransom, then and fine Luke's father. At least, that's what she pieced from what she was able to hear and all the pointing at the giant painting.

On quiet feet, Sticky trailed to the corner of the building, staying hidden, and watched as the bandit stepped out, now on the search for the tavern's true owner.

Hm.

Sticky waited until he'd made some distance before she followed quietly in the shadows.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

27 Reviews

Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:30 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

she looked over at the window and smirked behind her mask then looking away before the bandits could see where she was looking and then looked back at Rek, still curious in a way

935 Reviews

Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:33 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Rek noticed her glances, and glanced at her, blushing a little. Did she recognize him in return? Gods, he hoped not. He wasn't wearing any of his official insignia. Specifically because he wanted to fly under the radar. Hopefully, she wouldn't mess that up for him.

[they/he]

To have more, you have to become more. Don't wish it was easier - wish you were better. For things to change, you have to change, and for things to get better, you have to get better.
— Jim Rohn