Young Writers Society

Dry Bones Tavern

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:34 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Well, things sounded like they were quickly unraveling. Started as a robbery, but was turning into a hostage situation. Ransom, and all that. Bummer.

Where exactly was this lady's dad? Was he really running errands across town? If they wanted to hold her for ransom, they'd have to find him and send a ransom note. That was usually how that worked.

Of course, it wasn't really nice to have a bunch of people held hostage for however long that'd take, and who knew how negotiations would go. Things could get messy real fast and already were if everyone in the building was going to try to be a hero.

Maybe she should intervene.

Maybe.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:07 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Rek had watched the situation escalating, anxiety and dread bubbling up in his gut. Part of him desperately wished Jerica was here. He always felt safer when his cousin was around. She was very much a stab-first-ask-questions-later kind of person who probably would have already broken a bunch of bandit noses and egos. The rest of him was incredibly grateful that she wasn't here, for the exact same reason -- she'd have put herself directly in harm's way to play the hero.

He didn't enjoy that role.

He'd happily be the sidekick of the story and not get killed.

But his conscience wouldn't let him just sit here while these girls were getting bullied by ruffians, even if they were kind of bringing it upon themselves.

"Look, we don't want any trouble--" Rek started, trying to stand up, but the ruffian who had pushed him down the first time gave him another shove, slamming him back down into his chair.

"Well, you got it," he snarled. "Sit down."

"Alright." Rek put his hands up, trying to placate him. "I'm just saying--"

"Well stop saying," the head bandit snarled, still holding his sword to Luke's throat. "This one here clearly wants trouble, don't'cha, sweetheart?"

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:16 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Luke sighed. Her father always told them that the one thing he was worried about Luke taking over was her inability to just nod and smile. If her father was here, these bandits would probably already be on their way. But it was just Luke and she’d have to manage.

“Not really, no. I find this sort of trouble rather distasteful.” She wrinkled her nose. “But I can’t give you anything more. So sorry. I gave you everything in the register. The safe is off-site. What more do you want from me?”
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:01 pm
View Likes
Lovestrike says...

Amos watched from the crack in the bathroom door.

He couldn't hear much of what was going on, but it seemed bad either way. He wanted to run, but he knew that was not the best idea. Part of him wanted to just sprint out of there anyway. It wasn't reasonable, but it was safer than staying. He wouldn't just sit around and watch the chaos unfold.

The bathroom wasn't the safest place, and he knew that.
Didn’t Sappho say her guts clutched up like this?
[Solstice, she/her]

4145 Reviews

Reviews: 4145
Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:46 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Sarah finally moved when the bandits shouted. She made it to where the inner circle of bandits were surrounding Luke.

"Please let her go. She told you everything, didn't she?" Sarah wasn't entirely certain saying please was how threatening worked, but it was a magic word. Certainly more magical than any other words Sarah could say.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:16 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

Acacia walked towards the tavern and stood at the entrance, looking around "its quiet..." she then walked to the entrance and pushed the door open

935 Reviews

Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:21 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"Oi! Grab 'er!" The head bandit shouted.

The bandit supposed to be watching the door gave her a shove further inside.

"Lock the door!"

The bandit obeyed, positioning himself squarely in front of the door and glowering at the newcomer. A different bandit stepped forward and grabbed for the woman. "Hand the weapons over, sweetie."

[they/he]

27 Reviews

Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:23 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

she smirked behind her mask "do you know who i am at all?" she looked up at the bandit with a gleam in her eyes "i would rather talk this out other then fight, so, do you choose to talk or start a battle?"

935 Reviews

Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:25 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"Weapons. Now." He brandished his sword threateningly.

Rek swallowed hard, anxiety building up in his gut. For the briefest moment, he thought he saw Jerica in this newcomer. And gods only knew what she was about to do. "Please. Just... keep things peaceable."

[they/he]

27 Reviews

Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:28 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

"hm, does the name Acacia Bobusic sound familiar to you?" she tilted her head to the side, her eyes were glowing a yellow at this point

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:32 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Luke sighed. “Hey! Don’t be a hero, moron.” They huffed. “And Sarah, I told you to sit down!”

They were starting to feel more and more like a babysitter. Why did no one want to survive this whole thing?
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

27 Reviews

Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:36 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

"it seems you all haven't been educated, but i'll explain that later, right now, i'm trying to refrain from violence, so, i'd rather talk it out unless you force me to turn to violence" she narrowed her eyes and glared at the bandit "this one seems to know who i am by his reaction" she points a thumb at Rek

4145 Reviews

Reviews: 4145
Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:39 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Sarah managed an impressive pout using the distraction provided the creepy assassin looking lady to get up right next to Luke.

"I'm so sorry. I feel like a jerk hiding there while you take all the heat you know. I'll be quiet I promise. I just don't want you to be alone here. I know I'll be of like zero help so don't worry I'll keep my mouth shut."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

27 Reviews

Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:42 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

"it seems i have time to introduce myself, names Acacia Bobusic, i'm an assassin, but if you prefer, you can call me ray" she lifted her hand towards the sword strapped to her back slowly, waiting for the right moment

935 Reviews

Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:10 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Rek rubbed his face. Gods, it was exactly who he thought it was. Absolutely the same risk as Jerica for pulling a stupid move, probably. "Alright, okay, hey-hey, no need for, uh, any of this, uh... hostility. We can... just... talk this out."

[they/he]

The words you speak become the house you live in.
— Hafiz