Young Writers Society

LSS III Tavern

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri May 24, 2024 9:29 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

All good, thought it'd be a good idea to ask. Have fun, guys!
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Sat May 25, 2024 12:46 am
View Likes
Ley says...

All crews are updated in first post as of 5/24/2024!

If anybody is late to joining, @ScarlettFire has created a super cool storybook that revolves around the Star Wars universe that only needs 1 more person to be considered a team! Link here for the discussion topic. :D

Also, @EllieMae's poetry SB has one more spot left! Unless, of course, you'd like to cut it off at 4, Ellie? :)

Very excited to get started!
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

Ley
She/Her
Potato Enthusiast

227 Reviews

Reviews: 227
Sun May 26, 2024 6:32 pm
View Likes
NadyaStatham says...

Am I willing to be a Captain?: Nah
Do I already have a Crew in mind?: Nope.
What genres am I willing to write?: Anything really, just not 18+ stuff
Do I already have a story idea?: Nuhuh
What roleplay type would I prefer?: Just anything, maybe collab.
Anything else?: I'm not the most consistent writer and I understand if that's a reason to disqualify me.

256 Reviews

Reviews: 256
Mon May 27, 2024 12:01 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Welcome, @AmayaStatham!! :D

Last tag for @PrincessInk, @Serrurie, @TheRebel2007, @Kelisot, and @Bluepanther512! If you all are still interested in LSS, you can join Scar’s Star Wars-themed ship or form one of your own! You can also participate in LSS as a pirate ship if you’d like (meaning you wouldn’t officially compete but would still roleplay as a crew), or cheer other ships on.

LSS starts tomorrow, woot woot!! :D
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon May 27, 2024 6:32 am
View Likes
OrabellaAvenue says...

Cutting it real close with time here in my time zone... <.< >.>

Am I willing to be a Captain?: Yep!
Do I already have a Crew in mind?: Yes! (Me and @LucidNightmare)
What genres am I willing to write?: Honestly anything but romance. (And anything about 16+) We're mostly doing fantasy.
Do I already have a story idea?: Yep! We've been plotting... *mischievous vibes*
What roleplay type would I prefer?: We're doing Roleplay Duo
Anything else?: Since it's only the two of us, we'll be joining as a pirate ship! We're not here to really compete, but to participate and cheer everyone else on. :D
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
~Dr. Seuss

Orabella ~ Ora ~ Avenue ~ Aven
She/her

212 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 27, 2024 6:42 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Ley wrote:If anybody is late to joining, @ScarlettFire has created a super cool storybook that revolves around the Star Wars universe that only needs 1 more person to be considered a team! Link here for the discussion topic. :D

I'm still looking for at least one more person!

4237 Reviews

Reviews: 4237
Mon May 27, 2024 4:09 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Hey everyone! Happy LSS :D We're excited!! Are you?

We wanted to give out some LSS tips because we have a lot of new participants this year and even to those who might be familiar with RP's, LSS is a bit different than traditional roleplaying. With LSS, writing week to week, everyone is going to be writing at around the same time for the same story. Communication and collaboration are key! Collaboration is writing together, or plotting/outlining together, and communication is one step separated: making sure everyone is on the same page.

So, what do we recommend?

-Before writing, it's good to get an idea of what everyone will be writing for the week, or even couple of weeks. If everyone is on the same page before the writing starts, it's much easier to /stay/ on the same page when the writing starts.

-When writing, it's good to keep open opportunities for other characters to jump in, especially at the end of your scene. If the end of your scene can be the beginning of someone else's next week, that'll help keep the flow.

-After you're finished writing for the week, it's good to check in with the rest of your crew before posting. If someone is writing at the exact same time as you, you may be writing the same scene without even knowing it! (It happens more than you'd think.)

-It helps to write in a shared document, like a WFP, so writing in progress can be shared and, even before the writing is posted, everyone is on the same page.

-Collaboration is encouraged in LSS!! Even though this competition can technically be done without any collaboration, the process goes much easier. Collaboration can be intimidating at first, which is totally understandable! But, when writing towards a common goal, collaboration will eventually be like just chatting with friends!

-Your goal each week will be 2500, and depending on your crew size 833/625/500 words per crewmate. (3 -> 833, 4 -> 625, 5 -> 500)

-If you get in the groove with writing one week, it can be easy to write more than that words. That's totally okay! 2500 is a goal, not something you need to stop at. That being said...

-It's good to pace yourself! If you're feeling inspiration after meeting the 500 wordcount goal, maybe instead of writing, you can outline/plot what you're going to write for next week. That way, you can give yourself a head start on the next week (not writing! any writing for the week goes for that week).

-If you're struggling with your words, please let your crewmates know! This competition is all about working /together/, so if others need to pitch in to help the whole ship reach the goal, that is completely okay. You technically only need to write 1 word in a week, as long as the crew reaches the goal. The ship survives together!

-If you're lacking inspiration, please reach out! Sometimes, in roleplays, you'll find inspiration from others. Whether it be bouncing ideas and plot bunnies off each other, delving deep into the worldbuilding, or practicing random scenes with each other's characters, inspiration can come from a lot of places! And sometimes, we all need inspiration!!

It all boils down to communication there. Make sure everyone in the crew knows how everyone is feeling at all times. Weathering the storm is much easier when you all know where you stand that week.

-And finally, the hardest tip we could give: it is okay to let an idea die. This is a roleplay and a competition, so the urge to want to continue is strong! It's a shared idea, a shared story, a shared world, and a shared goal. But, your health is more important. If continuing the ship may cause burnout, then it's no longer worth it. There will be an end; we just may not know when that'll happen.

Good luck! We're so excited to watch six wonderful ships (seven with our lovely pirate ship) set sail today! Happy sailing everyone <33

Brought to you by our lovely @Omni
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue May 28, 2024 4:36 am
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

Am I willing to be a Captain?:

I AM THE CAPTAIN!

Do I already have a Crew in mind?:
Yep!
@Snoink
@Book
@Ichthys

What genres am I willing to write?:
Silly stuff!

Do I already have a story idea?:
A series of silly fantasy adventures.

What roleplay type would I prefer?:
I am up for whatever!

Anything else?:
Prepare to be boarded! :pirate2: :pirate3:
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue May 28, 2024 9:53 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

I'm with this guy... we're doing a pirate ship so arrrrr.

Griffinkeeper wrote:Am I willing to be a Captain?:

I AM THE CAPTAIN!

Yep!
@Snoink
@Book
@Ichthys

Silly stuff!

I am up for whatever!

Anything else?:
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Reviews: 3
Wed May 29, 2024 3:26 am
View Likes
Book says...

Griffinkeeper wrote:Am I willing to be a Captain?:

I AM THE CAPTAIN!

Yep!
@Snoink
@Book
@Ichthys

Silly stuff!

I am up for whatever!

Anything else?:

I'm down! My characters name is Florian. That's all that's sure for now. But I will join

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 02, 2024 1:45 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

ScarlettFire wrote:
Ley wrote:If anybody is late to joining, @ScarlettFire has created a super cool storybook that revolves around the Star Wars universe that only needs 1 more person to be considered a team! Link here for the discussion topic. :D

I'm still looking for at least one more person!

I may need a lifeguard! Looks like one of my crew may not be able to participate. ;_;

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:42 am
View Likes
Ichthys says...

Am I willing to be a captain?:
The crew I want to join already has one.

Do I already have a crew in mind?:
Yes:
@Snoink
@Griffinkeeper
@Book
@TheGolux

Anything, really.

Anything again.

Anything else?:
Nope!

they got that magical iridescence that you don't expect to be on a sky rat y'know
— Ari11