z

Young Writers Society

La Guerre de Vendee

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:05 am
Twit says...

Nah, not to be pompous, I need anything and everything about the War of the Vendee, 1793-1796. It's the setting of Victor Hugo's novel "Ninety-Three", and while I'm gonna read that, I was wondering if anyone else knew anything about it. It was a very local uprising over religious differences, so it doesn't attract much attention. Details about the actual revolt, about the French army during that time, anything is welcomed.

Ta!

-Twit
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:11 am
Snoink says...

Have you tried the wondrous and all-knowing wikipedia about this yet?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:12 am
Twit says...

Yup, I have. It was too small and local to merit a proper page with real details in it.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:30 pm
Firestarter says...

Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolt_in_the_Vend%C3%A9e

Pretty long and detailed, actually!

I'm fairly decent on the French Army at that time so you can hit me with any questions!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:12 pm
Twit says...

Thanky, Fire! :D

#TNT

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:29 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Also, if you're at all good with French, you could try the .fr sites - that way, you'll probably find more. =)
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

That there's some good in this world, Mr Frodo - and it's worth fighting for.
— Samwise Gamgee