1487 Reviews

Reviews: 1487
Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:43 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

SECRET SANTA: 2022

Deadline for signups:

Deadline for submitting gifts:

Hello one and hello all! Welcome to Secret Santa, an annual YWS holiday event! This is an event in which you are assigned to be an anonymous Secret Santa to a member of the site. To enter, members will fill out the form below and post it in this topic. When the sign-up deadline has passed, we will take all the names of the participants and put them into a hat, then randomly draw names and assign aforementioned name to a SS! I will then send you the name of your recipient and it's now YOUR job to complete a gift for them. Such fun!

Before we can get to the form, though, there are some rules. These terms are final and non-negotiable. Violation of these rules will result in your disqualification from the event, so listen close and listen well, because ignorance will not be taken as an excuse!

01: You are to keep the name of your recipient anonymous. After the event is over (and that's when I say it's over), anyone is allowed to come forward and share the name of their recipient, either publicly or privately. This is not mandatory; if you wish to not know or to keep your recipient private, then you are more than welcome to. Sharing the name of your recipient either with friends or with the recipient before the event is over is not allowed.

02: Do not enter this event if you do not have the time to finish your gift. It isn't fair that you'll receive a gift and someone else won't because of whatever excuse you have to give. It's not cool, so don't do it.

03: If, for some reason, you need to drop out of the event or you know that there will be a delay with turning in your gift, then PM me right away.

04: All gifts will not involve any sort of real-life transaction of goods or money. There should be no exchanging of addresses, Paypal accounts, etc. Any requests for such information should be immediately reported to a staff member. YWS is not responsible for any off-site transactions.

05: Please respect your SS' form. If they say they don't like something, don't do it. If they request something, do your best to fill that request. It's up to you to explore that person's profile to get a better idea of what they're like if you don't quite know them that well. Subtly asking them questions is fine, but be cautious and don't make them suspicious! Just do your best to make a gift they will like and I promise that they will appreciate you for it. :)

06: There will be no requests for a new name draw. Take what you get and make the most of it. This event is to help open you to new friendships, not so it can be dominated by cliques.

07: Please post your completed form here.

08: Please be appreciative of what you get. This person put a lot of hard work into making something for you, so be nice and enjoy what you've got.

09: HAVE FUN!

Okay, now for the best part... the form! Please copy and paste this form, fill it out, and then post it in this thread.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name/Alias:[/b]
[b]Interests:[/b]
[b]Color Preferences:[/b]
[b]Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?:[/b]
[b]Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.:[/b]
[b]Favorite Books/Fandoms:[/b]
[b]Preferred Type of Gift:[/b] Gif set, graphic, writing, etc.
[b]What Do You NOT Want to Get?:[/b] As in, disliked fandoms/ships, colors you don't like, etc.
[b]Other:[/b]

If you have any questions, please ask myself or @Liminality in this thread. Let's keep this thread clean for signups only.

Happy Holidays!

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:58 pm
View Likes
EsmerayaRose says...

b]Username:[/b]QueenMadrose
Name/Alias:Rose
Interests: The Vampire Diaries fandom, I love the band Deftones, I love butterflies and moths, and I'm really into zodiac signs. Also, I love reading sad love poems. Pictures of the sky. Tattoos are cool also. I would love to get a butterfly tattoo.
Color Preferences: doesn't really matter.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: On the people's tab
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.:Deftones, Lana del ray, Nirvana, Green day, Steve lacy, Fall out boy, My chemical romance, Soul blind, and Tyler the creator.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: My favorite book is Good girl, Bad blood. I also like the book We are Liars
Preferred Type of Gift: Gif set, graphic, writing, etc. Umm Graphic is cool but I also like writing but it doesn't matter.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: As in, disliked fandoms/ships, colors you don't like, etc. No socks or hats
Other: ooh favorite colors are purple, black, and neon green.
Last edited by EsmerayaRose on Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
I promise this type of pain only gets worse
~Esmeraya~

she/they

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:48 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Username: WeepingWisteria
Name/Alias: Wisteria or Wist
Interests: Fantasy, Percy Jackson, looking at cool art (getting fanart of my characters will make me cry XD), poetry (especially Gothic poetry!!!) and history.
Color Preferences: I don’t have very strong color preferences but those a little bit ahead are blues, greens, turquoises, and teals.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Roleplaying and causing ~ruckus~
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Ahhh. Favorites. >.> For artists, I’d have to say Imagine Dragons, Autoheart, and Soddiken. For songs I’d have to say Moscow by Autoheart. For shows, Steven Universe, She-ra and the Princesses of Power, and the Owl House.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Percy Jackson, Magnus Chase, The Song of Achilles, and Cemetery Boys.
Preferred Type of Gift: Gif set, graphic, writing, etc. Surprise me! I’m not very picky. ^^ Have fun~
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: As in, disliked fandoms/ships, colors you don't like, etc. My relationship with Harry Potter is complicated at best.
Other: I think that’s it really. ^^
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:20 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Username: lliyah
Name/Alias: alliyah, anchovies, alli-y, Court Magician, Chicken Goblin, alliygator, alliyoghurt
Interests: poetry, chickens, music, art, yws, Christmas, humor, crafting, Christianity, language
Color Preferences: dark cyan & red, blues, perriwinkle, greens, greys. Not a huge fan of pink / neon orange.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: people tab, write-ins, poetry tab, poetry clubs, randomosity, kotgr
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Aurora, George Ezra, Ludovico Einaudi
favorite shows? -> Hell's Kitchen & Locke and Key
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Part of Team Unclassified forever. Big fan of Chickens. Big fan of @TheEgg. For books my fave authors are Madeline L'Engle, Robert Frost, and Jeff Vandermeer for sure.
Preferred Type of Gift: attempts at anything artsy or musical is always cool - poetry is also good! But really anything that you use a little thought & creativity in I'm sure I'll love! :D
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I love this question. :D Please know, anything in support of classified would be highly offensive to me; I'm also not a fan of lima beans, swearing, or violence so probably stay clear of those!
Other: please do not stress - I am sure I'll like whatever you come up with!

You can also check out my previous year's secret santa answers for inspo -> Secret Santa 2021 Secret Santa 2020
Secret Santa 2019
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:18 pm
View Likes
fantasies says...

i haven't done this before hmmm

Username: PaigeFantasy
Name/Alias: Paige
Interests: reading, sketching/painting (digital if i wanna), and i play Fallout 4 and Call Of Duty. :)
Color Preferences: purple and blue. yellows and/or vomit green is a nono...
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: forums (the lounge, randomosity), people's tab.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: The White Stripes, Nirvana, The Avett Brothers // Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground, Smells Like Teen Spirit, Head Full Of Doubt Road Full Of Promise // The Walking Dead, Stranger Things
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Percy Jackson, Keeper Of The Lost Cities, Skulduggery Pleasant
Preferred Type of Gift: writings, art pieces, and anything really lol :)
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: anime
Other: i like cheese hehe

good luck, dearest person :mrgreen:
paige/fanta/fantasies
female
likes cheese
likes purple
kindness matters

218 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 218
Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:05 pm
View Likes
creaturefeature says...

Username: spatula
Name/Alias: chi, any nickname derived from my user, barbara
Interests: poetry, american history (specifically the gilded age), ghosts & horror, photography & film, silly little creatures
Color Preferences: i don't mind any colour, but i am a big fan of anything dull (navy blue, dark green, burgundy, etc). bright colours hurt my eyes.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: my portfolio & write-ins
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: i am a big fan of 60s & 70s music, along with film + sitcoms from that era; there was a certain vibe to it that i just adore.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: my favourite poet is richard siken, my favourite author in general is john green. anne rice is another good author as well.
Preferred Type of Gift: go crazy & have fun! i would appreciate anything, but i am a huge poetry/any poetic writing lover~
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: no flashing lights please!
Other: i am so so excited for this woooo
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:46 pm
View Likes
Plume says...

Username: Plume
Name/Alias: Plume, Plum, plume (for the lowercase ~aesthetic~), Plume-a-roo
Interests: Anything antique/vintage (especially clothes), rococo art, biology and biological anthropology, forensic science, mysteries, historical fiction, musical theater (honestly any kind of theater), bad jokes, going to museums, and sewing historical costumes.
Color Preferences: I honestly love them all, but pale pinks and greens I like a lot, along with like... deep reddish oranges.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: The Green Room or People Tab.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: According to Spotify, my top artists of the year were Will Wood, dodie, Queen, Ricky Montgomery, and Stromae, which I'd say sums up my music taste and listening habits pretty well. I also really love musicals, especially Hadestown, Something Rotten, Mamma Mia, Twisted, Spies are Forever, Ride the Cyclone, and any muppet media. My favorite shows are probably Good Omens, Derry Girls, the Umbrella Academy, and Our Flag Means Death.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: I love Ruta Sepetys' historical fiction. I also like Shakespeare's comedies a bunch. And anything by Neil Gaiman (especially Good Omens) is a pretty safe bet. Also the School for Good and Evil - kinda niche, but I do love the characters in it.
Preferred Type of Gift: I'm fine with anything!
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Something halfhearted. I don't care what you do, as long as it's done with enthusiasm!
Other: I'm excited to see what you come up with! Don't worry about it too much; I'm very easy to please!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:29 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Username: Elinor
Name/Alias: Ellie
Interests: Writing, classic movies, thrifting, baking, going to museums, acting, Disney, the 1960s/70s
Color Preferences: Royal blue, crimson red, black, lavender, yellow
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: People tab these days
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.:
(in no particular order)

Artists:
--The Beatles
-- The Doors
-- The Beach Boys

Shows
-- Mad Men
-- X-Men: The Animated Series
-- Cowboy Bebop
-- The Twilight Zone (Original)

Movies:
-- Into the Wild
-- Ordinary People
-- The Last Picture Show
-- Titanic

Favorite Books/Fandoms:

Favorite Books:
-- The Great Gatsby
-- Fahrenheit 451
-- The Catcher in the Rye
-- Brave New World

Fandoms
-- Shakespeare
-- Les Miserables
-- Cowboy Bebop (The Anime)
-- X-Men (First Class/Chris Claremont/90s Era)
-- Scooby Doo
-- Star Wars (Original Trilogy)

Preferred Type of Gift: I love anything you throw at me! Though, the header on my profile is what my Secret Santa got me in 2018, my profile image is what my 2019 made me, and I received collages/graphics with my favorite fandoms for the past two years, so I would appreciate something different.

Some sort of art would probably be my favorite. If you're especially artistic I would die for something inspired by my original characters, but no stress if not!

What Do You NOT Want to Get?: There isn't anything I necessarily don't want. I want to be surprised. As long I can tell you put thought and care into it, I'll be happy-- but as I mention above, I already have a banner, profile icon and three collages, as my 2020 Secret Santa made me two. I guess the only thing I wouldn't want is a collage.

I'm generally all set with avatars, so I won't find much use of them.

Other: I was in the following two shows this year, and and as you very well know they were both incredibly special experiences.

-- The Glass Menagerie (as Laura Wingfield)
-- Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (as Joanna Drayton)

I also made a film! I've shared plenty of information about it on my page, but it's called Time in a Bottle, and it's about a photographer in the 1970s. You can check out the trailer I linked above. The Castle zoom readings were the other thing I produced, and those are on my page as well. :)

I love Cinderella too, especially the Disney movie, since I obviously named my production company after her.

I can't wait to see what you create!

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:13 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Username: Spearmint
Name/Alias: Spearmint, mint
Interests: computer science, secret codes, puzzles, art (i doodle flowers and buildings, mostly), architecture, Spanish (language + culture + music + food hehe), paper crafts (origami, paper quilling, etc.), fantasy, humor
Color Preferences: mint green =P or any colors that look good together! (i think purple and gold, teal (or dark cyan >.>) and bronze, and blue and silver are some nice combinations~)
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: the people tab, roleplays, forums (both places like lms threads and super old threads)
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Spanish! music! Fav artists: Morat, Sebastian Yatra, Aitana, Alvaro Soler, Dvicio...
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Percy Jackson c: More specifically, the Heroes of Olympus series
Preferred Type of Gift: Art would be cool! Gif sets, graphics, writings, etc. are also wonderful :] Hmm... i suppose i could use a banner or a new signature as well >.>
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: *shrugs* as long as the gift doesn't say anything against mint (e.g. "it tastes like toothpaste :["), i'm good XD
Other: excited to see whatever gift you get me! ^-^ <3
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:00 pm
View Likes
DreamyAlice says...

Username:ImaginativeAlice
Name/Alias:Alice
Interests:Kpop, harry potter and marval universe, obviously reading and writing, space
Color Preferences:Dusty pink, Sage green, Aleutian blue,Purple ash ( the shades are important for me, colors with a bit of grey tint, dusty colors they are my favorite)I don't like orange or literally any shade of orange
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: People tab mostly

Artists-
Aurora, Billie Elish, BTS, TXT, Seventeen( I know mainly kpop groups, cause I am a literal big kpop stan XD)

Songs-
everything I wanted by Billie( the emotions are so real in her voice)
00:00(o clock) by BTS (its a old song of them and whenever I am sad or angry this song helps me cry)
Animal and into the unknown( Aurora version)

so...yeah thats it. My music taste is not that diverse XD

Favorite Books/Fandoms:Lord of the rings/ The thousand splendid suns/ harry potter/norweigian wood
Preferred Type of Gift: I would appricate something that is written or aything really unique and surprising!!! Please my secret santa, I am participating in Secret santa after 1 year so I would really like something thoughtful and not random *eyes glowing* I hope I am not asking much:)
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Anything would be fine as long as they don't have anything stereotypical and there is some thought put into it!
Other: I love pixar movies! inside out is a classic animated movie for me, its the best!
Coco is also great! I just love animater movies witg detailed world building!
Last edited by DreamyAlice on Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:31 am, edited 5 times in total.
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:31 pm
View Likes
enidskittyteef says...

Username: enidskittyteef
Name/Alias: Ed or Enid!
Interests: 2000s scene and emo culture, Batman, Paul Dano, MCR, the Addams Family, Wednesday (show), Jurassic World and Park, Zapatopi.net and the lore behind it, writing, reading, cats, and music.
Color Preferences: green
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Probably reading stories and the peoples tab
artists - mcr, icp, bmth, ptv, bright eyes, and tfb
songs - "Skylines and Turnsitiles" by MCR
shows - Wednesday, Gotham, Shameless, Big city greens, Bluey, and Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Keeper of the Lost Cities and Wonder
Preferred Type of Gift: I dont care! Surprise me, but maybe something I can put as my banner or something on my profile!
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: i dont care as long as there is effort into it
Other: Can't wait to see my gift :3 <3
☆ Cringe culture iz dead :333333 ☆

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:27 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Username: Shady
Name/Alias: Shady/Choas Queene/Spam Lord/Randomosity King
Interests: fish, reptiles, science, fantasy, young adult fiction, RPing, noveling, queer culture/history
Color Preferences: Blues are my favorites followed by rainbow anything~
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: RP tab!
- Lizzo
- P!nk
- Taylor Swift (according to my Spotify Wrapped, apparently >.>)
- BBC Sherlock
- Enola Holmes
- The Princess Bride
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Favorite Books/Fandoms:
The Queen's Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner (specifically The King of Attolia if I had to pick a favorite book)
Preferred Type of Gift: You pick! c:
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Neon colors
Other: I am collecting batfish paraphernalia so feel free to contribute to my addiction if you'd like xD

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:24 am
View Likes
starbean says...

Username: starchild314
Name/Alias: Hannah/star Hannah/star
Interests: music, butterflies, books, astronomy
Color Preferences: emerald green, darkish blue and light gray
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: publishing center and people's tab publishing center and people's tab
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.:favorite artist? like musical artist? uhhhhh... beethoven? song? I want it that way (cliche, I know) show? gilmore girls-hands down the best
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Some kind of happiness by claire legrand, the little prince
Preferred Type of Gift: a banner, some kind of image with those colors on it
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: anything with neon colors
Other: NO BRIGHT COLORS
she/her————pro-life————Christian————climber of rocks, trees, and rooftops----reader of poetry, Antoine de Saint Exupery, Pam Munoz Ryan, and Anthony Doerr
"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." -Louisa May Alcott

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:38 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Username: BluesClues
Name/Alias: Blue/E
Interests: birds, plants, the ocean, nature in general really, books/book aesthetic things
Color Preferences: black, gold, rose gold, silver, anything in the aqua family, naturey greens and blues, generally cooler colors over warm colors and darker or muted colors over lighter/brighter colors
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: the people tab and select clubs

shows:
Only Murders in the Building (new comfort show even though murder <3), Our Flag Means Death (lowkey planning a project with a v Stede MC and a v Ed LI <3), Golden Girls, The Good Place, Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, Gallivant

songs:
Winter Song (Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson), Without You (Ursine Vulpine and Annaca), Wildflowers (the Wailin' Jennys), Start a Riot (Banners), When You're With Me (The Afters), Fearless (from Spirit Untamed), Cyrano soundtrack, Groundhog Day: The Musical soundtrack, Come From Away soundtrack, Dolly Parton, covers done by Hildegard von Blingin' (if you're unfamiliar, seriously, go find her youtube channel, and I recommend starting with her cover of "Somebody That I Used to Know," you're welcome)

Favorite Books/Fandoms:

Legends & Lattes (Travis Baldree), Under the Whispering Door (TJ Klune), the Brown Sisters trilogy (Talia Hibbert, literally rereading these rn), The Stardust Thief (Chelsea Abdullah, AISHA MY STABBY LOVE), A Song of Wraith and Ruin (Roseanne A. Brown), Fifteen Hundred Miles from the Sun (Jonny Garza Villa), The Henna Wars and Hani & Ishu's Guide to Fake Dating (Adiba Jaigirdar)

Preferred Type of Gift:

gifs, graphics, digital stickers, art of OCs is literally the best gift ever but if you're not feeling it or if you're not artistic that's okay, original songs or music, playlists for my stories/writing/whatever, funny "characters as x" or incorrect quotes collections from either my fandoms or my own writing, basically anything visual or audio in nature

What Do You NOT Want to Get?: prefer not to get writing or things with lots of warm, bright colors, but honestly I'm not too picky. basically, if you generally stick the fandoms/music/books above or anything from my own writing, I'll be happy!

Other: thank you in advance <3

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:39 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Username: Valkyria
Name/Alias: Valkyria
Interests: Listening to podcasts; reading and writing; history; animated series and movies; wolves
Color Preferences: dark shades of pink and blue
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: people's tab and roleplay realm
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Olivia Rodrigo; Billie Eilish; Imagine Dragons; The Owl House; MLP: Friendship is Magic; Powerpuff Girls; the Office; the Simpsons
Favorite Books/Fandoms: The Hobbit; the Princess Bride; Wind in the Willows; Cartoon Saloon movies;
Preferred Type of Gift: Art; poetry or flash fiction; a nice message! fanfiction or incorrect quotes
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: No gifs, memes, or poop or butt jokes, please. I'm not a big fan of flashy things or bright colors.
Other: <3
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

That, sir, is the most frightening battlefield in the world: the blank page.
— Larry McMurtry, Comanche Moon