z

Young Writers Society

SELLING: Bird Doodles (starting at 2,000 points)

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:07 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Hello there!

Perhaps you have seen some of my bird doodles around the site?

I started giving out bird doodles in April 2020 as part of a point campaign where I gave a bird doodle to those who had helped me get to 123456 points. Then I gave bird doodles as prizes for different contests that I ran, or just out of love, or most of the time both! Then in 2021 I made 60 bird doodles for YWSers for Christmas in July, which was a massive project.

Spoiler! :

Well if you missed out, or are in need of a brand new bird doodle, you are in luck because I'm in the business of selling bird doodles now.

What can I get?

You can have ....

A "Random" Bird Doodle with your username for 2000 points (bird will be chosen based on which bird I think fits your personality, though you can make suggestions for background color).

A "Chosen Bird" Doodle for 2500 points (you get to choose which type of bird I attempt to draw!)

A Chicken Doodle for 5000 points (these are clearly my specialty so I can not give them away without due reverence - you can make suggestions for colors, but primarily the chicken doodle will be made based on my perception of your personality of what chicken-vibes you have).

A Bird Character Doodle for 3000 points (oh! You have a bird in your novel that is the main character and need a doodle of them? Let me know the details and I'll spin together some character art for you)

** at this time I can not draw any gooses for personal reasons.

Anonymous Animal Avvie for Christmas in July in like 2022? I made a gazillion anonymous animal avvies with people's usernames and an animal drawn in the style of the anonymous dino avvies - > if you missed out and want one of these, or maybe want yours re-done I could make you a new one for 2500 points - you can choose the animal and background color.

Why in the world are the point prices so high?

Well these are really special birds! A treasure for a life-time!

I notice that a lot of YWSers have a lot of points that they aren't using, more points than they could ever need for literary work posting, so in the realm of supply and demand I don't think these are valued too high, though I understand not everyone may have this many points at their disposal - if you don't have that many points, here's something that you can save your points to work for.

I also have more than 130,000 points - so I really don't need small amounts of points, though I would love to eventually have 234,567 points one day - you can help make that dream come true.

Also I may in certain situations accept a combination of haikus and points if you are low on points.

Also (x2) I'm willing to do a trade on chicken doodles - rather than pay 5000 points for a chicken doodle, I am very willing to do a trade - you give me one chicken doodle, I give you one chicken doodle. Chicken doodle can be of any quality and drawn using any medium.

Ordering Format

Please use the below order form if you would like to order a bird doodle.

BIRD: (see descriptions above - options: random, chosen, chicken, character)

COLOR REQUESTS: (ie. for background or bird color)

QUESTIONS / SPECIAL REQUESTS:

Extra questions? Ask below!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:00 pm
View Likes
starbean says...

Hi! I'm so glad this exists lol

BIRD: I would like a random bird doodle and a chosen bird doodle. For the chosen bird doodle, I would love a drawing of a quail.
COLOR REQUESTS: I would like a dark blue background for the random bird doodle and a tan background for the chosen bird doodle.

Thank you! Do I give you the points now or when I receive the bird doodles?
she/her————pro-life————Christian————climber of rocks, trees, and rooftops----reader of poetry, Antoine de Saint Exupery, Pam Munoz Ryan, and Anthony Doerr
"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." -Louisa May Alcott

1227 Reviews

Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:45 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

@starshipgirl thanks for being my first order! That sounds lovely! And you can send over the points after I've sent you the bird doodles, I'll let you know if I have any questions but should be done in a week or two. :)

218 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 218
Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:43 pm
View Likes
creaturefeature says...

genuinely SO happy this exists

BIRD: i would love a random bird doodle! i've always wondered what kind of bird i would be, so this might answer my question.

COLOR REQUESTS: i have no preference tbh, do whatever comes to you. not the biggest fan of bright colours though.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:49 pm
View Likes
DreamyAlice says...

I LOVE THIS alliyah!!! You are a bird fairy at this point and I love how the points are so high xD

BIRD: random, yess let's see what bird is for me!!!

COLOR REQUESTS: I love this color pallete, so like yah you can get the idea!

QUESTIONS / SPECIAL REQUESTS: Can I have my name in full caps hehe like ALICE with a lil ^-^
thankssss in advance!!
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

1227 Reviews

Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:37 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Loving these requests and look forward to working on them all this weekend! :3

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:50 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

A Bird Character Doodle for 3000 points (oh! You have a bird in your novel that is the main character and need a doodle of them? Let me know the details and I'll spin together some character art for you)

** at this time I can not draw any gooses for personal reasons.

@Spearmint, which character should I choose???
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1227 Reviews

Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:10 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

@Snoink ~ would love to do a bird doodle for you. :]

Alright ~ I have been taking my time on these, but I've got a start on everyone who has ordered so far and have @Starshipgirl's bird doodles ready! Hope you love them, I gave my best effort.

Starshipgirl's Quail Doodle

Spoiler! :

process doodles ~

Starshipgirl's Random Bird Doodle - a crow

For your Random Bird Doodle™ I chose the Crow - I chose a crow for you because I wanted to choose a very intelligent, clever, and determined bird - I know we've talked about cellos and string instruments as well and though a crow isn't known for singing the melody, she has a bold, steady beat when singing much like the cello. Crows also pair well with deep blues and celestial aesthetics and I have hidden some stars and pi-symbols within its wings.

Spoiler! :

process doodles~

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:53 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

@Snoink
omg XDD i feel like Solea would make a very sweet bird, but i kinda also want to see Cyrus in bird form, LOL. or maybe an actual Swan, like Alonso??
@alliyah please tag me when you finish Snoink’s doodle as well! Your bird doodles are looking great! :D
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:00 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Nooooo. We must pick a character who is legitimately a bird! Cyrus doesn't count because he was possessing the poor Black Swan, haha.

UM. Okay. Cynasi. Because she is by far the vainest of all the Swans and most definitely prefers her Swan form over being human. (Whereas, most of the time, Alonso is very comfortable being a human, hahah.)

So... she is a White Swan, which is kind of a made-up bird, but just think really big Swan that is big enough to hold a human on their backs. Though, unless you put them side by side with a human, I guess they would look like a regular Swan, lol. They don't really have black on them at all, even their bill, so pick out a pale color for their bill... it kind of is mostly white except for the very tip which can be a pale gold or pink color. Cynasi kind of has blue-green eyes, like the sea, and a kind of goldish bill.

Cynasi is a bit arrogant and would hold herself up proud and definitely strut her stuff. She also gets annoyed fairly easily, so she'll stretch out her neck and look down on people imperiously if she thinks they are being idiotic.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1227 Reviews

Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:58 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

@Snoink that sounds great! I'm excited to try out a doodle of Cynasi based on your description - and will let you know if I have any questions! Here we have another set of doodles for chi! featuring a magpie~

weathervane's random bird doodle - a magpie

Hey @weathervane, for your Random Bird Doodle™ I chose the yellow-billed magpie - I chose a magpie for several reasons! One) their coloring is dark but also with parts of iridescent blue - as you said, you tend towards dark colors (& towards dark images in your poetry too - ) but there's still always these shining parts of life and intrigue and captivating little turns in your poetic imagery. Two) Magpies are one of the species of birds that has been able to pass the "mirror test" - meaning they have a sense of self-awareness, I think your poetry is usually very internally reflective and brooding like I think a Magpie would be. Three) I know you've mentioned California here and there in your poetry -> and that's where this type of Magpie is from.

Spoiler! :

~bonus process doodles~

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:10 am
View Likes
FireEyes says...

YES I would like a bird character doodle for 3000 Alex Trebek alliyah!

DESCRIPTION: My baby's name is Malcolm, and he is an osprey. He looks generally just like an osprey with really deep honey yellow eyes, BUT the kicker is he's technically an invisible bird. The character who owns him can see him normally but he has a little iridescent/holographic aura ring around him. It's almost like he's emerging from another dimension

COLOR REQUESTS: Leaning more towards warm colors than cool, but a pop of sky blue would be nice in the aura thing and background

Have fun with this! <3
I won't go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends
I'm taking back the life you stole
Came a time when every star fall brought you to tears again

-My Chemical Romance

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:45 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

BIRD: I'm not sure if this should go under 'chosen bird' or 'character' but . . . could I have a doodle of Big Bird from Sesame Street please? c: I understand from the Wikipedia article that it's never been made clear exactly what kind of bird he is but he is a bird and he is very snuggly :D

COLOR REQUESTS: None in particular, though Big Bird is yellow!

Thank you!
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:36 pm
View Likes
starbean says...

BIRD: I would like to choose a bird, and that bird would be a Northern mockingbird!
COLOR REQUESTS: None!

Thanks, alliyah! so glad this exists <3
she/her————pro-life————Christian————climber of rocks, trees, and rooftops----reader of poetry, Antoine de Saint Exupery, Pam Munoz Ryan, and Anthony Doerr
"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." -Louisa May Alcott

1227 Reviews

Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:50 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Hey everyone, sorry I'm so slow! But I promise you I'm still working on these Can't wait to show them all to you hopefully soon-ish! :)

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it.
— Christopher Darlington Morley