z

Young Writers Society

Dread Lane

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:32 pm
TwinSeed says...

*Imagine a female singer, such a Chibi from The Birthday Massacre, as the lead singer*
**This song was inspired by both Creature Feature and The Birthday Massacre, two morbid bands that I'm fond of**

Dread Lane

Chorus:/ In the shadow/ I can see it/ Creepin' down my arm. Out the window/ I can feel it/ Rise into the stars. Passion has left me (left me)/ Broke in and shook me (shook me)/ Until you found me (found me) empty (cast out!).

Watch the roses fall/ Petals in the lake/ Everybody hears their call to wake. And now they see you (need you)/ Want you (need you)/ Coming for you (gonna eat you)/ Better run (run away) from your life.

See that kid?/ (Yeah...)/ Better stop him../ He'll befriend his devils.../

Chorus

Run from your life...

***Edited***
Last edited by TwinSeed on Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.We don't exist.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:17 pm
VuzzyCat says...

Wow, you have thought alot about this. Really good! I can imagine listening to it. I guess the only way to make it better would be to add a second or third verse. Otherwise, that was awesome!
I'm the author of my own life. Unfortunately I'm writing in pen. Mistakes I make can not be erased, the only option is to turn the page and start a new chapter. <3

I'm single because God is busy writing the best love story.
<3 VuzzyCat

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:48 am
LiesOnLies says...

Take out all of what's in bold and the song will be okay.

Chorus:/ In the shadow/ I can see it/ Creepin' down my arm. Out the window/ I can feel it/ Rise into the stars. Passion has left me (left me)/ Broke in and shook me (shook me)/ Until you found me (found me) empty (cast out!). {the chorus is all one, steady rhythm; mainly drums. Background singer(s) are always a beat after the lead and do not overlap.}

*10-15 second instrumental*

Watch {drag out the "ah" sound with a higher note} the roses fall/ Petals {drag out the "eh" sound} in the lake/ Everybody hears their call to wake. And now they see you (need you)/ Want you (need you)/ Coming for you (gonna eat you)/ Better run (run away) from your life.

*short instrumental*

See that kid? {skip a beat} (Yeah...)/ Better stop him../ *low pitched growl* / He'll befriend his devils.../

Chorus

*instrumental fade out*

{whisper after fade out} Run from your life...

I may be alone on this thought, but I find it a little annoying when people write things like this in lyrics.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:41 am
Desire says...

I have to agree with Liesonlies! The lyrics are really good and that's what we're focusing on here and telling us what's gonna happen with the song (although I get why you've done it) is a little distracting and confusing. But other than that the lyrics are really good! I can even sense a Paramore kind of feel to it... anywyas, keep writing!xxx
"Trust in yourself and you are doomed to disappointment... but trust in God , and you are never to be confounded in time or eternity." - Anonymous

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:11 pm
TwinSeed says...

Thank you people! I wasn't sure how well this was, but now that I have some support, I have more confidence <3 xoxo
.We don't exist.

Maybe we're all just complex human beings with skewed perceptions of each other.
— Ventomology