96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:52 am
View Likes
noninjaes says...

30 / 30

The End Game
It's been a long, tiring, vomit inducing (and maybe, just maybe a little enjoyable in places) month. I've laughed, cried, stayed up 'till stupid o'clock, fallen behind, and fallen to pieces - all in the name of 30 poems in 30 days. Despite all the horridness, I'm actually a bit proud. I did it - I won, and I'm satisfied to say it. Though, three quarters of the poems I wrote are horrid monstrosities that should never have existed. I'll have to drag myself through that mess one day and clean them up. A third of the poems I wrote were senryus, seven of which falling under the Different Perspectives series. Many times, I've felt that I'm not going to make it and was on the verge of giving up, but I managed to pull through. Now, I shall go to bed and weep over the monstrosities that are the result of NaPoWriMo and hopefully then dream of better things. Night!

A Word of Inspiration
Welcome to my NaPoWriMo thread: a world of disappointment, missed appointments, stress, and of course, poetry. This is my first year of doing NaPoWriMo and as a result, shall be an interesting experience. Negotiating school, netball, and a whole bunch of other duties, I can't guarantee a poem every day and may often resort to Haiku's and Senryu's out of sheer desperation. Hopefully my attempts at poetry won't bore you too much, and if I'm extra lucky, you may even find some enjoyment in my words (of wisdom). Anyway's, feel free to comment in this thread as I have a secret means of leaving easy access to every poem in here and enjoy my chosen theme of inspiration among my poems this NaPoWriMo!
- noninjaspresent >(> ==)>*

A Diary of Daily 'Dolences
(My poetry or lack thereof explained in obtuse detail.)
Spoiler! :
Day 0 - 31/3
Although today isn't the first of April, I've started off by writing a poem to warm myself up and get the creative juices flowing. Incidentally, my first poem is titled "The Warming of The Beast" and is based on the idea of warming / waking up the creative little beast inside of me.
Day 1 - 1/4
In Australia, it is now this first of April and the first day of NaPoWriMo. Although it is only 44 minutes into the month, I now have today's poem: a piece inspired by all those late nights spent on last-minute rushes to meet a deadline and the lack of inspiration that usually prevails on those nights. I've nothing much to say about the technical aspects of the poem, though my favourite lines in it are "hair plastered across the face, / face plastered across the keyboard.
It is still the first and after many a April Fool's jokes, I'm on a roll. I've written my second poem: Blind Date With a Poet; a very nonsensical, olde-style poem about how to win a poets heart. I don't have much to say about the piece expect that it was a poem that I really enjoyed writing. :D
Day 2 - 2/4
No poem today as I wrote two yesterday.
Day 3 - 3/4
It was rather cold, wet, and rainy today. This inspired me to write an albeit crappy Villanelle about the passing of Summer into Winter (stuff Autumn). I haven't written many Villanelles. This may actually be my second Villanelle; my first being a co-operative impromptu chat one. I'm pretty satisfied with the result and found it an interesting and satisfying experience to write it.
Day 4 - 4/4
It rained today. Normally, I'm not one to like the rain. Actually, I usually hate the stuff. But today, I walked through the rain and fell in love (with the rain). This was the inspiration behind today's poem (which I still have a few unused lines on had from it) and I am pleased as usual with the result. Though, I do note, even though I myself am not in love, this poem could be interpreted as one about someone who's fallen in love and denying it by saying (with the rain).
Day 5 - 5/4
Today in English, we were watching Extremely Loud, Incredibly Close and we were at the scene with the man "falling backwards". Despite a lot of the wordings in the poem, it isn't about flying, but literally putting the act of falling on rewind. Though, every image in the poem is slowed down, making everything seem almost quiet and peaceful.
Day 6 - 6/4
It's the end of the week and I'm already drained of poetic creativity. There words weren't coming today so I had to resort to writing a Senryu (aka Haiku) as I promised I'd resort to many times. Different Perspective is either going to be a mini-collection of poetry (probably only Senryus) about different perspective. Number one is about an animal or bug hiding from humans that are passing by. It is almost midnight and I am tired so I shall go to bed now.
Day 7 - 7/4
No poem today as I was too tired and burnt out. Not exactly a stellar start to the week.
Day 8 - 8/4
Today's first poem is another lazy Different Perspectives Senry, this time about looking from the outside in, possibly hinting at being an outsider and the final line being kind of sarcastic - as if the narrator was thinking that everyone is so happy compared to him/her.
The second poem means many things to me, but mainly it's about love. Love lost, eternal love, the one you love dying, it's hard to tell. Though November represents more than just the month in this poem (remember that November is Spring where I come from). To me, it almost makes the poem about forbidden love with November being a better time. November may also represent heaven or whatever may be out there. Really, there are a lot of ways to look at this poem. Though, I do like it and did enjoy writing it as always.
Day 9 - 9/4
Another late-night poem about love (this one may have been inspired by the song Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds). Geez, any more of these poems and people may mistake me for a love-sick poet. Let's hope tomorrow's is either about time, silence, or alphabet soup.
Day 10 - 10/4
Woo! A third of the way there and on schedule! :D Today's poem is dedicated to my best friend (IRL). I was talking to her and I was reminded of how well she still knows me even though we've been living hundreds of kilometres away for the past > 12 months. Miss you Lozza, I always do. <3
Day 11 - 11/4
I was tired so and I forgot to write a poem.
Day 12 - 12/4
Today's first poem is a Senryu apologising for yesterday's lack of poem. Very uncreative, but meh.
The second poem is rather different to my usual poetry style. Though the word content is still important, it's less of a focus in this one. The focus is more on the feel and the look of this poem. Beyond the first line, everything is so busy and hectic, but that's what I'm trying to get across. Silence (possibly through all the shouting) is portrayed as very tense and high-strung - it's almost rambling in nature in the poem, but that's exactly how I want it to be. Considering that this was spawned from no idea of what to write, I'm intrigued to find out what you think. Now, let's see if I can write this report that was due in earlier today.
Day 13 - 13/4
Ohgod. I missed another poem. I think I'm running out of creative juice.
Day 14 - 14/4
I'm so horrible I have no creativity. I resorted to another Different Perspectives Senryu today for poem number one.. This one was inspired by being at the ocean and seeing people bothering an octopus.
Day 15 - 15/4
I am such a horrible person. I forgot yesterday's second poem and I almost forget to write at least one today. On the bright side, this first poem is the result of my lack of creativity. I had to literally force this thing out after a tiny ounce of inspiration that made me associate clouds with crystal.
Day 16 - 16/4
15 poems, 5 senryus. xD Half way there. Yeah. The first poem is about the writing of a poem. I would try and pretend that there's more to it than that, but I am tired and "cannot writ poam" as Pigeon says.
Poem numero dos is my fifth senryu and is a different perspectives from someone who actually has some creativity and good ideas, but actually has so many that he/she finds it hard to think.
Day 17 - 17/4
I am horrid. No poem.
Day 18 - 18/4
I am horrid and lazy. No poem, again.
Day 19 - 19/4
Yay! Finally another poem! :D It is cold and it feels like winter already. This came through in today's first poem which started off as a description of how cold it is right now. I eventually spun that idea into a scene where it is a winters night and things are very sinister.
Moar poams! :D This one is about those stupid things (and people) you pick up and cling to when really, you shouldn't. It's also a bit about how things (and people) change (including yourself and your perspective). Wow - a lot of parenthesis.
Day 20 - 20/4
I am horrible, blah blah blah - no poem today.
Day 21 - 21/4
Another lackluster poem today. This one about control. I am losing my mind because of NaPoWriMo and my creativity was torn to shreds a long time ago.
Day 22 - 22/4
I am so desperate for poems that I'm turning mindless rambles into poetry. D: I am still 2 poems behind. *Sigh*.
Day 23 - 23/4
Today is a day for catching up. Two poems so far, albeit one being a Senryu titled "When in doubt Senryu". xD The first one is about sunsets and how they are never quite the same though I doubt I did a good job in conveying that. At the end of this thing, I'm going to have to go through all my poems and see what I can make of this mess.
The second poem is about how when you can't squeeze out a decent poem, you should resort to a Senryu. xD
Yay! I'm finally caught up! :D This last poem was inspired by me feeling like doing something productive. My mind then started battling out over what I should do. I opened and closed many windows on my laptop, warring between writing and doing some budgeting. Then, I finally gave up on trying to be productive because it was too much to try and decide what to do, then I got this poem out of it.
Day 24 - 24/4
I almost didn't write a poem today. Instead, I squeezed in a different perspectives Senryu about what could possibly be wasting time.
Day 25 - 25/4
Horrible person, blah blah blah - no poem.
Day 26 - 26/4
I'm desperate for poems so I vomited up another senryu then forgot to post it. That's why the date doesn't match up.
Day 27 - 27/4
Did not write poem.
Day 28 - 28/4
Am desperate for poetry (blah blah blah), am out of ideas (blah blah blah), I played sports (more blahs).
This second poem has a bit more substance than my recent NaPo induced vomit. I tried something a little crazy and different with this poem by writing the last line first then working my way up so they poem can be read from both top to bottom and bottom to top.
Day 29 - 29/4
Second last day today. Both of today's poems (finally catching me up) are different perspectives senryus. This leaves me at a total of 10 senryus (7 being different perspectives senryus) for my first NaPoWriMo. I have no intention of having my final poem be a senryu.
Anyways, my first senryu is simply about how sometimes if it looks better, then it's fake. The second senryu is about how late nights are better. I could try properly explaining them, but meh. Read them and figure things out yourself.
Day 30 - 30/4
This is it - the last official NaPo poem! I've won and I'm proud and tired and secretly dead inside. I'll leave a big fancy summary for tomorrow while I clean up my mess of a head and go sleep.
Also, this last poem is about what regret feels like.

Pomes and Their Postings
Spoiler! :
Last edited by noninjaes on Wed May 01, 2013 1:01 pm, edited 48 times in total.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

96 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:27 am
View Likes
noninjaes says...

The Warming of The Beast

No fire burns so coldly
as the one inside this beast.
Its heart content
to a lulling rhythm
of one, two, three.

Emptiness as plain as paper
staring at the roof.
But once of which this
burning fire,
introduced to the room.

So warms the beast,
on this day,
as the fire turns to blue.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers

96 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:42 pm
View Likes
noninjaes says...

Late Night In
In the chilled hours of the morning,
so early the stars still shine with night.
A lone coffee mug - an endless pit of white
marred with the muddy remnants of a latte;
dribbling along the edges,
dribbling across the table.
An empty chocolate wrapper,
crinkled past recognition.
A trail of crumbs,
smeared among the coffee.
And a lone soul;
hair plastered across the face,
face plastered across the keyboard.

word count: zero
deadline: today
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers

96 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:02 am
View Likes
noninjaes says...

Blind Date With a Poet
inspire hath with words of love
twenty moments you hold of which
to dally not and speaketh so
to win my yearning heart

time doth wait not for your lies
so much hath sell the truth
and dare say not a liquid word
to turn the other cheek

of roses red and violets blue
to win one heart's desire
tally not but ardor so
and love so hath inspire
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers

96 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:25 am
View Likes
noninjaes says...

On a Cold, Cold Day
Of Summer blossoms and daisies make
like a sprinkle of warmth and glow,
withered by Winter's growing wake.

Once good tines for all swelled like a lake
with cheers roaring from high to low
Of Summer blossoms and daisies make,

once cheery and true does this wind take.
Watch as warmth prepares to go,

Scratch at those leaves with a rake;
dried petals to cover in snow.
Of summer blossoms and daisies make,

long lustrous days for which we ache,
Come darkness we don't wish to know,

Pristine colours
(now there's nothing to show)
did Summer blossoms and daisies make,
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers

57 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 57
Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:40 am
Animal says...

Awww... No comments? That makes me sad, you are wonderful, of course along with your poems.
deleted

96 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:58 am
View Likes
noninjaes says...

I think I'm in love (with the rain)
I'd kiss these lines
like a lovesick poet,
droplets dancing
through my hair.

I'd look up to your
stormy depths and smile
(through all the tears)
without a care.

I'd feel the warmth,
seeping,
from my eyes,
from my heart,
from my bones.
But I don't mind;
I think I'm in love
(with the rain).
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers

96 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:34 am
noninjaes says...

Falling In Reverse
floating gently
swaying softly
deep blue sky above

sinking further
soaring higher
reaching down below

rushing colours
racing seconds
timelessness ensues

holding breath
not fearing death
falling in reverse
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers

Reviews: 1
Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:44 am
kentuckyfriednip says...

"I think I'm in Love with The Rain" Is absolutely perfect! Ahh, it is by far one of my favourite poems, ever!
No Earth, no sky, but still snow falls.

96 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:37 pm
noninjaes says...

Different Perspectives Senryu #1
Shadows fall on rocks,
leaves crunch as footsteps pass by.
Hiding's never safe.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers

96 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:50 am
noninjaes says...

Different Perspectives Senryu #2
Would the ocean smile
if the sun looked upon us?
Everything else does.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers

96 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:08 am
noninjaes says...

I'll Never Forget
You'd hide all my secrets
in a wooden box
and savour champagne goodbye's
like there's no tomorrow.
I'd whisper sweet nothings
into the ribbons of sunlight
while we dance,
dreaming of November.

I'd taste
all your sweet words
as our bodies collide
and your fingers wander;
So, so delicately
until I finally break
then glue all my pieces back
together.

We'd whisper in the darkness,
just me, and you.
'Till dawn would rise
against your dusky skin.
Then we'd lie
in the morning dew
until we're nothing but
ghosts, dreaming
of November.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers

96 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:19 pm
noninjaes says...

For Lucy
lucy in the sky
why dear won't you sing
a marmalade goodbye
with diamonds on your ring
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers

96 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:08 am
noninjaes says...

I love how she knows me so well.
A thousand years have made their distance
but still, my walls are glass.
My world's exposed
to a million thoughts
for times of ever-last.
Still, you hold my memories
and my present mind.
When I speak a single word,
for you a hundred lines.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers

96 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:50 am
noninjaes says...

I'm Sorry, I Forgot
Late nights make me tired,
also very forgetful.
Poem got forgot.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers

Treat all disasters as if they were trivialities but never treat a triviality as if it were a disaster.
— Quentin Crisp