Report a Site Bug

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:23 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Browser: safari

Time: 10:18 AM

What happened: I liked a literary work (this one, if that helps) and it popped up this white screen that says "view likes (not working yet)

Spoiler! :

uhhh I would have cropped it but I'm on computer so uh yeah

edit: I think this is happening with all the literary works I'm coming across, because I liked This work and I got the same screen. It doesn't happen with forum threads, only literary works
That’s the thing with life: no one makes it out alive.

—Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice the Musical

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:43 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

i received a general error message when trying to post my napo thread for this year at 12:41 using firefox. i copy-pasted some fonts from a font generator and that could have been the problem? i'm not sure though.

EDIT: never mind it ended up posting!
Spoiler! :
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Illegal mix of collations (utf8mb3_bin,IMPLICIT) and (utf8mb4_0900_ai_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation 'like' [1267]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator immediately at webmaster@youngwriterssociety.com with a copy of this error message. Do not hesitate, but please be nice!
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:45 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

@momonster ->> That's definitely a bug on YWS' end, but it's a difficult one to fix. Can you resubmit your post without the fonts? Or, what some people do is they take a screenshot of their work and then upload that.

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:07 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

@Nate it ended up posting but if the fonts are going to be an issue going forward i can remove them for sure :)
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

Percy fell face-first into his pizza.
— Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena