z

Young Writers Society

Your Fantasy Wedding (or real)

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:34 pm
Chevy says...

So we have the fantasy funeral thread but what about your fantasy wedding? That is, if you aren't married yet.

I want my wedding to be in a big church downtown Atlanta near where I live and the colors will be Maroon and Cream like my parents' (I just like those colors--not because of them, lol). And then me and my husband whoever he is will speed off after a very short reception in a bright red Dodge Ram 1500 with a 3.7 liter hemi in it (lifted at least 4 feet, of course) and take a road trip to California.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:22 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

I'd like to get married during WWE Wrestlemania, at Madison Square Garden.

That way, I could have all sorts of fireworks go off when my bride walks down the the ramp. Then some ex of hers would hit me with a steel chair. From there on it would be complete pandemonium. Hopefully some good guys come out to kick his @$$ though. That is definitely a fantasy wedding.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:33 pm
Beethoven says...

Yeah, Griffinkeeper. That sounds real romantic. ; P

I don't think much about these kinds of things, but I want to get married in the fall or winter so I can wear a longsleeve dress. It seems the CA tradition is to have a catered dinner. Madness. In MT, we have a huge reception afterwards, with dancing being the main draw (and, often, and open bar). All the aunts bring cookies and whatnot.

It's all about the dancing, baby.
Your existence is overbearing.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:49 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Hey, what's not romantic about fireworks? Or massive bridal brawls?

Nothing says I love you like a Tombstone Piledriver.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:04 pm
Galatea says...

I want to wear yellow, and have the Hand-Fasting performed in a field of sunflowers. Afterwards lots of dancing and drinking and uninterrupted revelry.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:04 pm
Nai says...

I'd have my wedding be whatever my fiancee's fantasy wedding was.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:03 pm
sabradan says...

Four and a half days of uniterrupted revelry and merriment for all. All you can eat buffets for three meals a day, five or six bands, and 12 unlimited bars. And it'd be either on the beach in Eilat, or in Jerusalem.

Gal, whats hand-fasting?
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:19 pm
Crysi says...

*decides she doesn't know enough about hand-fasting to answer the question and leaves it up to Gal*

Anyway, my fantasy wedding would be outside, maybe on a cliff overlooking the ocean. The only drawback would be the wind... I want lots of flowers. My parents were married in a rose garden, which is really awesome, but I want more open space. As for my honeymoon, I'd love to go to Ireland. Or Hawaii, the more traditional choice. But the wedding isn't just about me, so my fiance would have a say in the matter. ;)
Love and Light

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:36 am
Chevy says...

Aniar wrote:I'd have my wedding be whatever my fiancee's fantasy wedding was.

*Wipes tear* That is soo sweet.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:51 am
Beethoven says...

sabradan, that sounds like a pretty expensive wedding ^_~

And while we're on the subject, I'd love my honeymoon to be backpacking Europe. Again. Because I intend on going within a few years.

Or Japan. By the time I get married, I'm sure to be fluent ; P
Your existence is overbearing.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:52 am
Snoink says...

When I marry, it will be to the guy who can give me the nicest carrot cake. So... I wanna dress like a bunny and hop my way to the alter... THE BUNNY HOP!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:00 am
sabradan says...

Beethoven wrote:sabradan, that sounds like a pretty expensive wedding ^_~

I guess, but the occasion is worth it. Besides, her parents are paying. :wink:

Also, for the Chupah (wedding canopy) to be my dads prayer shawl and the wine glass used during the service will be the cup my grandfather (zt''l-of blessed memory) gave me at my bar mitzvah.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:01 am
Carmina says...

I am getting married in less than three weeks. It is going to be outside in a garden. My pastor and my Aunt (who is a deacon) are performing the ceremony. Small wedding (less than 50 invitations sent). My dress is ivory satin, no lace, sequins, bows, beads, or any adornment. The colors are anything autumnal. I will have leaves instead of flowers on the cake, and cake topper is dragons. One of my aunts in quilting a table runner for the main table in a leaf pattern in shades of orange, red, yellow, and brown. There will be classical music. No alcohol. Small and intimate. Hopefully as low key as possible. Hint to anyone who wants to get married...keep it as low key as possible or hire a wedding planner. Its the only way to save your sanity. I'm about to lose mine. Wedding are so scary. :shock:
Last edited by Carmina on Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
I reject your reality and substitute my own

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:07 am
Snoink says...

LOL! Well, you're in California, so I might just stalk you and see how that wedding is coming...

Nah, j/k. Good luck!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:29 am
QiGuaiGongFu says...

... is 3000 years away, was payed for by someone else, and comes with nice cars and lots of money.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

ah yes my boiling cheetohs
— tatteredbones