z

Young Writers Society

Everything you can do that not everyone can!

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Thu May 26, 2005 10:45 am
Elelel says...

Here we go:

-- I'm more flexible than you would think to look at me. Not the feet behind head thing, BUT my elbows bend BACKWARDS further than anyone elses (including my sister Happy Lizard, but only just). So far backward, in fact, that I can get the insides of my elbows to touch each other. This is NOT a bonus in archery, the string scraps along the elbow. Also, put your hands together as though you are praying (Christian style) now try to bend your fingers back so your palms are still together (make the widest V with your fingers as you can). I estimate that my fingers can make a V 90 degrees apart (hope everyone got that.) Which is better than anyone else I've ever met AND (added bonus) really creeps some people out (eg, one of the trombones in concert band). This one's not so good, my thunb does this bending backwards so that it looks someones snaped it at ninety , but I know people who can do that better (well, my mum if you must know).
-- I can play Bb clarinet (hopefully) well
-- I can play piano well
-- I can play snippets of other instruments such as flute and sax.
-- I can read a book in an evening (Well, not LotR of anything like that but still...)
-- I'm short (I like being short)
-- I'm good at art and have several art awards.
-- I'm a straight A student!!!
-- I have mental blanks. Like I'm in the middle of a conversation, then either I suddenly have no idea what I just said or what I was going to say, or I forget this silly thing which I should by all rights know off by heart (like what musical note is on the middle line, that was a really bad mental blank I had once...)

And most of that stuff is bad stuff!
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Thu May 26, 2005 7:32 pm
Mattie says...

I know how to car jack a car because of my uncle...

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu May 26, 2005 11:23 pm
Nai says...

Éloeré wrote:Here we go:

-- I'm more flexible than you would think to look at me. Not the feet behind head thing, BUT my elbows bend BACKWARDS further than anyone elses (including my sister Happy Lizard, but only just). So far backward, in fact, that I can get the insides of my elbows to touch each other. This is NOT a bonus in archery, the string scraps along the elbow. Also, put your hands together as though you are praying (Christian style) now try to bend your fingers back so your palms are still together (make the widest V with your fingers as you can). I estimate that my fingers can make a V 90 degrees apart (hope everyone got that.) Which is better than anyone else I've ever met AND (added bonus) really creeps some people out (eg, one of the trombones in concert band).

:o
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Thu May 26, 2005 11:29 pm
Mattie says...

I can also laugh until I'm red in the face. In like, fifth grade everyone called me the "giggle box" weird, huh?

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri May 27, 2005 2:44 am
Areida says...

Woo hoo, I do that too, Mattie! It scares people... they're like, "Whoa, breathe. Your face is so red!"
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri May 27, 2005 2:54 am
Nai says...

OOO!!

WHO HERE CAN DO THE NOSE FLARE???
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Fri May 27, 2005 3:04 am
DarkerSarah says...

I've beaten mustangs in an altima,

Me too! *pats pretty green '98 Altima*

I can also run a 6.25 minute mile. I think that's pretty fast. I've never been on a track team, though. *shrugs*

I can make people laugh.

I can touch my nose with my tongue.

I can write a mean literary analysis.

I can layout a newspaper page in 10 minutes flat.

But other than that...*shrugs* I'm boring.
"And I am a writer
writer of fiction
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones...
Let me go if you don't love me" ~The Decembrists "Engine Driver"

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Fri May 27, 2005 3:06 am
electricbluemonkey says...

...uh, *I* can run a mile in less time that that.

I can play the guitar! Not a lot of people can do that...right?
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Fri May 27, 2005 3:15 am
DarkerSarah says...

How fast can you run it? A FOUR minute mile is running very, very, very quickly. And guys can run faster than girls anyway.
"And I am a writer
writer of fiction
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones...
Let me go if you don't love me" ~The Decembrists "Engine Driver"

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Fri May 27, 2005 3:37 am
Bobo says...

My ring fingers are totally double-jointed, and almost all my other fingers can do prett crazy double-joint stuff. The only problem is that now I can't straightened my fingers all the way...

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Fri May 27, 2005 7:47 am
Emma says...

Éloeré wrote:
-- I have mental blanks. Like I'm in the middle of a conversation, then either I suddenly have no idea what I just said or what I was going to say, or I forget this silly thing which I should by all rights know off by heart (like what musical note is on the middle line, that was a really bad mental blank I had once...)

O.o I have them.. Its annoying because my mind goes blank and I forget everything me and the person I was talking to, or I forgot what I was going to say.. :l

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sat May 28, 2005 12:22 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Oh, that ALWAYS happens to me. If I think about something too much, I just blank out and can't think straight. Its like, if I'm doing something I've done 100 times, and suddenly I have this blank and can't remember how to do it.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat May 28, 2005 1:55 am
niteowl says...

I can bend just the top knuckles of most of my fingers. I can also bend my right thumb 90 degrees back.I have a picture of my hand thing. Look! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/tae137/weirdhandtrick.bmp

Random avatar

Reviews: 109
Mon May 30, 2005 8:48 pm
Teeeeo. says...

Ow, that looks like it hurt... O.o

I'm not really talented, but here are some of mine...:

I can play Bb Clarinet quite well, MUCH better than Greg... (He sucks at trumpet, but not as bad as Dan)
I can crack almost all of my joints... (Back, Neck, all fingers and toes, wrists and ankles, hips, knees, elbows, jaw, shoulders)
I can write orchestral music... (If that's a talent :P)
I could sing, until my voice deepened... Now I'm training it again...
I can flare my nostrils...
My left thumb is double-jointed...
I can do what Niteowl did, but not as far down...
I can regurgitate food...
I can stick all of my fingers into my throat and not gag...

I think that's it... I'm special! :P

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Tue May 31, 2005 7:14 am
Elelel says...

I can flare my nostrils!!!
AND I can ... um suck (? in need of better word) them in flat WITHOUT having to push them in first! (that's pretty good for making people laugh if you do it at some weirdly random time)
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backwards. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that life's going to launch you into something great, so just focus and keep aiming.
— Unknown