z

Young Writers Society

Says who?

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:04 am
LowKey says...

Bartemius says, Lots of times you have to pretend to join a parade in which you're not really interested in order to get where you're going. - Christopher Darlington Morley

Says who? Life is what you make it, right? You don't have to do anything, especially something you aren't interested in. I wasn't interested in school, but I was interested in learning, so I got out of school and am now going to college, where I'll take loads of art classes. According to Tamra Excell, there are many different paths to the same dream. Below is a short (373 word), funny story. read if you want.

An American businessman was at the pier of a small Belizean village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked. Inside the small boat were several large lobsters, and a slew of red and yellow snapper. The visitor complimented the Belizean on the quality of his catch and asked how long it took to bring it in.
The Belizean replied only a little while. The American then asked why didn't he stay out longer and catch more fish and lobster?

The Belizean fisherman said, "I get up early and watch the sun rise, then I fish a little, come home and relax, play with my children, have a big lunch and take a rest with my wife. In the evening I stroll into the village where I sip cashew wine and play music and sing with my friends. I have a full and busy life."

The American scoffed, "I am a Harvard MBA and could help you. You should spend more time fishing and with the proceeds buy a bigger boat. With the proceeds from the bigger boat you could buy several boats, eventually you would have a fleet of fishing boats. Instead of selling your catch to a middleman you would sell directly to the processor, eventually opening your own cannery. You would control the product, processing and distribution. You would need to leave Belize and move to Mexico, then LA and eventually NYC where you will run your expanding enterprise."

The Belizean asked, "But how much time will all of this all take?"

To which the American replied, "15-20 years."

"What then, Gringo?"

The American laughed and said, "That's the best part. When the time is right you would announce an IPO and sell your company stock to the public and become very rich. You would make millions of dollars."
"Millions? Then what?"

The American said, "Then you would retire. Move back to a caye in Belize, where you would get up early and watch the sun rise, then fish a little, play with your grandkids, have a big lunch and take a rest with your wife. In the evenings you could stroll to the village where you could sip cashew wine and play music and sing with your friends."

But really. Yeah, I can go along with that parade, or I can pull out a map and look at all the roads around or parallel to the parade. If I'm not interested in the parade, why in the world would I join it? Can anyone give me a reason why I should?
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:39 am
crewgurl93 says...

You don't have to do anything that you don't want to, unless truely requiered by law of corse. I think what the quote meant, essentially, is that life is going to throw us all it's got and sometimes we only have two options; roll with the punches or get thrown out of the ring. Personally, I'd rather not be in a half-nelson with life :wink:.

That's what I think, but it may just be my randomness talking! Either way, you have to do what you feel is right, right? :D Yup. It's the randomness!

Oh! good luck in collage!!! By the way, I don't have to go to your blog! :P (Kidding!)

:smt044

Peace!

Crewgurl
Goth-Hippie?!

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:56 am
LowKey says...

Oops. Thought I put this in the rant place. That's really where it belongs. Heh.

You don't have to do anything that you don't want to, unless truely requiered by law of corse.

Well, no. You could always become an outlaw. :D And no, you don't have to do what you think is right, you just choose to.

And again no, you most certainly don't have to visit my blog, especially considering I haven't updated it in god knows how long. :roll: :wink: :D

Should probably fix that...
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

My existence is political. And love is my statement.
— Kevin Abstract