z

Young Writers Society

My Sister's Keeper

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:57 pm
Cassandra says...

Anybody here read My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoulti?

The book is about a girl, Anna, who's sister has cancer. Anna has always been the donor for her sister and has often helped her to go into remission with the donation of her white blood cells, her bone marrow, etc. Then Anna begins to question whether she wants to be a donor anymore, even though she knows the decision could cost her sister her life.

The book is written in first person and switches point of view every chapter, rotating through the six main characters continuously throughout the book.

I just finished reading this yesterday. The book kept me interested the entire time and I was reluctant to put it down. My mom read it before me, and she cried at the end. I didn't cry, but I would contribute that to my heart of stone. :?

This was an excellent book, and I really enjoyed it.

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:57 pm
hekategirl says...

I haven't read this but in my Writing class a girl brought in 'My Sister's Keeper' and read an excerpt. It sounded really good, I can't wait to read it for myself.
***Honorary 11-Year-Old***

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 335
Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:18 am
Fireweed says...

Sounds interesting, perhaps I'll check it out...
"I myself am composed entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."- Augusten Burroughs

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:01 pm
Heather_BlackCain says...

yes, i've read My Sister's Keeper about 3 years ago and it is still to this day one of my favorite books. is it just me, or the book just a little twisted? not that that's a bad thing. i really loved it!
The Gryphon said, "It's all in the Queen's mind-they never cut off anyone's head, you know."

-Alice In WonderLand (Lewis Carrol)

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:57 pm
backgroundbob says...

It is an interesting book, and I'd say well written as well: there are occasions where the characters seem just a little too stereotypical for their own good, but apart from that I'd say it's certainly worth the read.

Mind you, I saw the ending coming a mile away.
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:36 am
Cassandra says...

^ Yeah, the characters bothered me too somtimes, backgroundbob. And the ending...I kinda wish it was the sister they had killed off. She, in my opinion, deserved to die. She bothered me. A lot. But then, I've got a heart of stone. XD
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

90 Reviews

Reviews: 90
Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:59 pm
rosethorn says...

I'm reading My Sister's Keeper right now. Half way through it. This is one of the best books I've ever read honestly, which is strange because it is not my preferred genre. I plan to read more of Jodi Picoult's books now. The characters seem real and honest to me and not just flattened out on the pages of a book.

Awesome read. Recommended to anyone who has a heart.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:45 am
Wiggy says...

I shall try it indeed! :D

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

Reviews: 0
Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:30 am
Persephonie84 says...

:o ~ My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoulti is already in my books to read list. I've been hearing notthing but the best reviews.

A diamond is merely a lump of coal that did well under pressure.
— Unknown