z

Young Writers Society

Alex Rider Series by Anthony Horowitz

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:17 pm
DakotaK says...

I'm actually kinda new to the series and I'm on the 3rd book. Talk about action packed, there barley is room to breath before Alex is stuck in another life threatening situation. When you set the book down five hours later; your exhausted! I've really enjoyed reading them, so if anyone's looking for a book to read and they're feeling bored, choose Alex Rider.

~Dakota :smt003
What is important is to know fear and yet take a step forward.
Rosette Christopher

Looking for peeps to review my novel:)

novel.php?id=1142

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:21 pm
Pretty Crazy says...

Hey I really like those books too! I'm finished the fifth one and am waiting for the sixth one from the library. I like the series because they're not boring. I am so tired of boring books. The Alex Rider series is great.
(Also pretty clean) (well OK, except for some violence)
(but just enough to make it exciting)
(OK I have officially set a record for parentheses!)
(that is how you spell it, right?)
Looking for someone who won't disappoint you?
Look to Jesus.:)

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:21 am
Bloo says...

The only reason I read these books is because the same author wrote The Power of Five series, which I love. I liked the first three books, but after that they started to bore me a bit. Alex is just too much of a god character to me, he knows how to do basically everything that you could possibly need, and doesn't ever have any *real* trouble on his missions. Though it seems like it.

I might try the books again, but now I just feel like I'm done with it.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

522 Reviews

Reviews: 522
Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:34 pm
canislupis says...

I'm sorry to say I hated these books... Wow, I feel really outnumbered. They were just so cheesy.. Seriously, every five seconds he was pulled into another incredibly dangerous situation that (of course) he knows exactly how to get out of. The door he opens always * happens * to be a supply closet for him to hide in, the villain has no depth (he's just plain EVIL!) and Alex is predictable and flat. And has anyone watched the Cody Banks movies? Admittedly, I watched them over four years ago, but it seemed like a ripoff to me.

Okay, rant over. I guess maybe I missed something, because everyone I've talked to seems to love them.

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same.
— Kurt Cobain