z

Young Writers Society

Frozen: Overrated or Insanely Awesome?

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:21 pm
RobinSparkles says...

Sooo, I've been seeing some pretty strong opinions on the movie Frozen. I personally loved it, but I guess a lot of people don't feel the same way. What do you think? Overrated? Amazing? Terrible? Wonderful? And why?

Discuss!
Writer of the Week : I'M A JUDGE!

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:24 pm
View Likes
eldEr says...

Wonderful. Mostly because of the whole "RELATE" value to it. Elsa makes me want to throw myself on my face and cry because I KNOW THAT FEEL, GIRL. The characters were each incredibly unique, and the girls held their own, blah blah blah. Wicked-amazing animation. Great storyline.

I do think that the fact that mothers are paying over fifteen hundred dollars for authentic Elsa dress costumes for their daughters is a little on the extreme side, though.

Also: to each their own. If someone didn't like the movie, they didn't like the movie.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

It was really, really good in my opinion. Wonderful plot, wonderful characters, amazing plot twist, great songs, and such. I loved it. :D
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:36 pm
View Likes
deleted30 says...

I agree with the above. I get why some people don't like it, it did have its flaws, but honestly, I thought as a whole it was fantastic. Plus, those songs... don't even get me started on those songs. Not just "Let it Go," either. (Anyone else angry that "Let it Go" gets all the attention when the others are equally impressive?) "Do You Want to Build a Snowmen?" (crazy about this one) and "For the First Time in Forever" (the first version and the reprise) were both insanely good, too. :smt003
Last edited by deleted30 on Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:46 pm
View Likes
eldEr says...

LOVE IS AN OPEN DOOR. Hands down tied for fav with Let It Go, and Olaf's Song is in second. Because Olaf.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:51 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

Guys, now I'm assaulting my media library to find these songs.

FTFTIF (reprise) is my favorite song from Frozen!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:53 pm
View Likes
Niraco says...

I actually went into this film believing I'd hate it. Came out loving it!

667 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 667
Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:54 pm
View Likes
Messenger says...

Oh boy . . . . don't even get me started on the songs @Lucrezia. As much as I disliked a lot of Frozen, the songs were amazing!
"Do You Want to Build a Snowman" was a really cool song. I especially liked how it went for so kiddish and just annoying-sibling style, to a much more serious and dark song (when the parents die) It really showed Anna's character in a really nice way and was also humorous.

"For The First Time on forever" Was an OK song. I love Bell's voice and she really rips it in this song, but due to the storyline I felt it was silly for the song to exist, because that part of the story shouldn't exist. A great song though if it were in a different story with a different setup.
I want to make this perfectly clear: I love the song "Let It go" The sheer power of the voice of Menzel, let alone the words, is enough to knock you out of your seat. The words are heavy-laden with sorrow and frustration and Rantasism, (new word!:) )and I found it to be VERY relatable to a lot of people. The reason I can't enjoy it when watching the movie is because it feels off. Not very-well placed in Elsa's character development. You could argue that this helps show her character, but it really kind of is opposite of how she acts the entire rest of the movie.

Umm let's see what else . . . oh "Love is an Open Door" what one of my less-favorite songs. Not because I found it to be a dumb song, but the poppishness of it is something I don't want to see Disney head for, and I felt that in Frozen it felt a lot more that way. A very likeable song though.

"A Bit of a Fixer-Upper" I won't even go into. I couldn't understand it so what can I say about it!

And so concludes the songs I think. Which abruptly ended there and never were they sung again. All of a sudden after an almost every-ten-minutes-we-get-a-new-song there were none after the trolls. What in the world!?!?!?! That was really messed up. I'll end my post here and wait for responses before I talk about the story.

~Messenger

Random avatar

Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:07 pm
View Likes
deleted30 says...

Messenger wrote:"For The First Time on forever" Was an OK song. I love Bell's voice and she really rips it in this song, but due to the storyline I felt it was silly for the song to exist, because that part of the story shouldn't exist. A great song though if it were in a different story with a different setup.

I mostly agree with you here. I liked FTFTIF (the original) all right. Elsa's part of the song was great! I was only lukewarm about the Anna part, though.

The reprise, however, was amazing! I adored it. (That's when they were up in Elsa's castle and Anna was telling her she had caused the eternal winter or whatever.)

I want to make this perfectly clear: I love the song "Let It go" The sheer power of the voice of Menzel, let alone the words, is enough to knock you out of your seat. The words are heavy-laden with sorrow and frustration and Rantasism, (new word!:) )and I found it to be VERY relatable to a lot of people. The reason I can't enjoy it when watching the movie is because it feels off. Not very-well placed in Elsa's character development. You could argue that this helps show her character, but it really kind of is opposite of how she acts the entire rest of the movie.

Yeah, "Let it Go" is a beautiful song. Idina Menzel has one of the coolest voices I've ever heard. <3

Umm let's see what else . . . oh "Love is an Open Door" what one of my less-favorite songs. Not because I found it to be a dumb song, but the poppishness of it is something I don't want to see Disney head for, and I felt that in Frozen it felt a lot more that way. A very likeable song though.

I liked it, but it definitely wasn't one of my favorites, either.

"A Bit of a Fixer-Upper" I won't even go into. I couldn't understand it so what can I say about it!

Blah! Hated that one. It was just kind of boring. The trolls were also insanely annoying, at least to me.

667 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:10 pm
View Likes
Messenger says...

Oh yes the reprise was amazing! Well it was when only one of them was singing. I hated it when they had Elsa AND Anna singing together. It always sounded so chatioc

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:43 pm
View Likes
birk says...

I think Frozen gets the right amount of praise it deserves. It's a fantastic film. I believe the reason you may begin to think it's overrated is because it gets so much attention. Especially since a big part of YWS.....can't stop talking about it!! :D

My only gripe with it was that they made Hans the villain. That was stupid. Imagine, this could have been one of the only Disney films without a villain. Just the drama between these two sisters, that would have been unique. But nah, lets make this random guy the villain. I hoped he just turned out to be a friend character.

Fun fact guys, did you know that Jack Nicholson actually just wanted to build a snowman in The Shining?

"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:15 pm
View Likes
Cole says...

I liked it, even though it didn't feel like a "Disney" film to me. It was very Dreamworksy. I thought Tangled had a significantly better story and music, and was much more Disney-like. The biggest reason I'm not a Frozen fan at the moment is because I'm getting really irritated by it. It has been talked about to death for the last six months and I just want to stop hearing about it!

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:03 am
View Likes
Sunshine1113 says...

I loved Frozen :D I'm a huge Disney fan and a bit of an animator myself. The amount of detail into everything was amazing :D (I think I mostly watched Frozen for the music and to see the animation techniques lol) I loved color palette they used and I just think it was an overall amazing movie.
~Sun Goddess~

667 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:12 am
Messenger says...

I think Frozen gets the right amount of praise it deserves. It's a fantastic film. I believe the reason you may begin to think it's overrated is because it gets so much attention. Especially since a big part of YWS.....can't stop talking about it!! :D

I totally don't agree. I don't think it deserves the praise it is getting, at all. Tangled (in my opinion the better of the two) wasn't even nominated for an Oscar, and Frozen won one! That's not right in my book. I though ht it was a worse movie. It had too many errors.

My only gripe with it was that they made Hans the villain. That was stupid. Imagine, this could have been one of the only Disney films without a villain. Just the drama between these two sisters, that would have been unique. But nah, lets make this random guy the villain. I hoped he just turned out to be a friend character.

I absolutely agree with you on this. It was just like necessary so that there could be a climactic ending, which was pathetic. The second time I watched "Love is an Open Door" I realized what an amazing person they could have had in Hans.

Random avatar

Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:16 am
View Likes
deleted30 says...

Messenger wrote:I totally don't agree. I don't think it deserves the praise it is getting, at all. Tangled (in my opinion the better of the two) wasn't even nominated for an Oscar, and Frozen won one! That's not right in my book. I though ht it was a worse movie. It had too many errors.

The fact that Tangled didn't get an Oscar is just... argh. It's so irritating. >_>

coffee and writing is a superior duo
— LadyBug