z

Young Writers Society

Extras

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:02 am
Leja says...

Soooo who's read it? :D Good book, I must say. In all, it's a hilarious satire of life as it is in this era [think: youtube generation, number of hits on blogs, Google bombs, etc.]. I am sad to say, though, that if you have not been following the series since the first book, Uglies, you'll likely dismiss it as childish [because of the sentence structure and general diction; ex: "Why did you have to jump out of the plane, Tally-wa, it was so panic-making"].

I was a little disappointed with the characters in this book as opposed to the others in the series; it seemed like just as they might do something slight [ex: pick up a box lightly instead of just picking it up, or looking at someone in a certain way as opposed to just looking at them], the opportunity was passed up. Especially with Tally. Because she's such a good character!

I'd definitely encourage people to read not only this book, but the other three books in the series as well. :D

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:04 am
Rydia says...

Who's the author? I think I might take a look at the first. I'd hate to try and read them out of sequence.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:45 pm
Leja says...

Scott Westerfeld ^_^

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:09 pm
Twit says...

I've read some of his Midnighter books -- they are Scott Westerfield's aren't they? I didn't like them much, but maybe these ones are better? I've heard of this series, is it any better?
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:42 pm
tinny says...

Yes, Twit, Scott Westerfeld wrote the Midnighters Trilogy ^^ I think I prefer this series, it has more of a sci-fi edge to it which appeals to me.

I should tell my sister about Extras, Westerfeld's one of the only authors she'll read.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:30 am
Pickle810 says...

I've only gotten to the first three so far, and, as usual, I got them all in one weekend and it took two days to read them all. Actually, that was this weekend! ^_^

I just happen to love the books. They're lighter than my normal reads, and younger feeling, even though obviously targetted at an older audience. I just love them, though!
me: why can we kill for Jesus and not Muhammed?
my best friend: because Jesus is white.
me: that's not fair!
her: and what is?

522 Reviews

Reviews: 522
Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:59 pm
canislupis says...

I liked them... Sortof. I really liked his idea, and the way it was presented.... But the writing wasn't really my style.

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:04 pm
Insane Book Geek says...

I used to love the Uglies Tril, then I decided I liked Midnighers better. All of his books are good, though. Except So Yesterday. I Hated that one.
'A lovely treason, hmm?' - Stargirl

Music is my oxygen; headphones are my lifeline.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:40 pm
.katsuro. says...

I enjoyed Uglies, but the ones after it were not as good. Though Pretties and Specials were not so bad, I can't really say I liked Extra's.

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:44 pm
JC says...

Yeah, I think I hated that Tally gave in so many times. Uglies and Pretties were good, Specials wasn't so much, and I don't think I'm going to read Extra's just becuase I think Scott's getting out of ideas
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

We are discreet sheep; we wait to see how the drove is going, and then go with the drove.
— Mark Twain