z

Young Writers Society

Squills 3/17/13

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:10 am
AlfredSymon says...

The thread you've stumbled into is the equivalent of a YWS newspaper, with each post in this thread being a news article. The focus of this paper is to give out a summary on the happenings of YWS at any given day and special features which tell about the new trends in YWS and current events. This feature runs all week long, featuring special coverage during events and certain occasions.

All members are welcome to submit their own news items. Keep in mind that all postings must comply with the YWS rules.

If you're an avid reader and want to pitch in or advertise or a concerned YWSer who wants to comment or ask us, then do so in the office at the Reader's Corner down below.

Reader's Corner
Spoiler! :
Submitting Articles
Submissions will be taken over the span of the day. Tomorrow, this thread will be locked and a new one will take its place. Anyone can post a news article or column as long as the topic is new, fresh, current and about the YWS or writing, art and humanities, is family-friendly and follows YWS rules.

Shameless Plugs
Why not advertise your newly constructed blog, your recent literary submission or your newest thread here at Squills? Just PM AlfredSymon and we can quote your advertisement for you as a shameless plug!

Letters to the Editor
Have any questions, comments or sggestions? Then share them to us please and let it be answer in public for all the readers' ease :D ! Please PM AlfredSymon for any letters for the editor.

Be a regular!
Just contact AlfredSymon if you want to be part of the creative staff!

Creative Staff
Spoiler! :
Technical Adviser: Griffinkeeper

Editor-in-Chief: AlfredSymon
General Correspondent: SparkofDoubt
Literary Correspondent: StellaThomas
Advertising Manager: dogs

Columnist: [user][/user]
Community Reporter: ShadowVyper
News Reporter: megsug & Animal

Comic Artist: Cspr
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:19 am
Shady says...

New Arrivals

This weekend has seen a wonderful increase of new faces around the site! Take a minute to go welcome each of them to the community!

joostnetherlands
javedkid
melg23
Davo2020
wondering95
Nadheeran
CharlieGoneLARPing
sidders98
BreBre
YoshiNatura
beccaZ
BiancaLU
halfmetal
SOTPwriter
AlexaHarper
Tsuna1102
samriviere
Lioness
ScandalousPhoenix
shelbycarverr
Glendy1D
lara
og12karlen2019
starnley
cecily
justarock

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

308 Reviews

Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:23 am
View Likes
AlfredSymon says...

This Week's Star Reviewers
These reviewers shined bright during our present week.

3.) ShadowVyper with 21 reviews
Our own reporter, ShadowVyper, just earned a worthy spot in our Stars today with his great contributions to the Green Room!

2.) jordin with 33 reviews
jordin, although only a recent member of our big family is in action with 33 reviews! Wow! Let's give jordin a round of applause!

1.) dogs with 86 reviews
Wow! Our featured member for these two weeks just rocked the house with more than 80 reviews! Let's give dogs a standing ovation!

308 Reviews

Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:25 am
View Likes
AlfredSymon says...

Shameless Plugs

Love EVERYTHING about YWS? Why not bring what's on your screen to your bedside table or favorite novel with YWS novelties from the YWS Emporium! From cute fanatic t-shirts to cozy, huggable bears; the emporium has everything you'd cherished and loved aboutt YWS.

SparkofDoubt wrote:Are you someone who's trying to become healthier/fitter? Well then we have the club for you! The Official YWS Fitness Club has made it's debut, and it's looking for members! Come share your triumphs and tribulations with us!

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:13 pm
LadySpark says...

New Article Coming Soon!

I'm in the process of creating a new article, called 'The Girl with the Golden Pen'. It's for all writing questions you might have, whether it be prose, poetry or the site itself! But first, I need the questions! So, go here to submit any and all questions to the Girl with the Golden Pen!
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:43 pm
StellaThomas says...

Today's featured piece is one close to my own heart, Knitting A Story and Writing A Scarf by kayfortnight. The piece deals with the creative process by comparing the two actions, both writing and knitting. It's a soujourn from the norm where a lot of writing about writing is all about inspiration striking and words flowing beautifully out from a fountain pen. Instead, it talks about the process, sometimes tedious but albeit worthwhile, and the dangerous pitfalls that may come along the way.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

I don't have much knowledge about marsupials.
— ForeverYoung