z

Young Writers Society

Valentine's Day Sucks: Ethan's Take 1/9

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:08 am
roxythekiller says...

This story is already finished, but I'll post it in 9 seperate parts. Ethan is actually a little play on the German immigrant stereotype: ridiculously focused, overly analytical and too polite for his own good. I'm German, so I know this all-too-well (no, I'm not like that. I'm 100% Americanized by now!)
His part is a little longer than Toby's, but it gives some background info and explains things that might have been vague in the original. It's more like a seperate story than a sequel. Things really get moving after this first part. Either way, I hope you like it :D

Valentine's Day Sucks: Ethan's Take

I came to America when I was twelve, on Valentine’s Day.
We don’t celebrate that in Germany. At least, not in the town I’m from, which was known for its beer and high rate of heart attacks.
Many people have tried to explain this holiday to me, yet everyone gives me a different definition: A day to celebrate love. A day to sell cheap candy. A day to thank people for loving you. The time to have sex with your wife. Singles awareness day.
I still don’t get it, though. What is the point of a holiday where you don’t get the day off?
I stopped asking people, though I still wonder what this odd phenomenon known as Valentine’s Day really is.

My name is Ethan, and I’m sixteen. But I’m also 6”4, so people usually think I’m older. By German standards, I’m just your average guy: Light blond hair, blue eyes. I never noticed anything great about it until I moved to America, and girls started hitting on me. That’s the first thing I learned when I came to America--- Germans are hot. The other thing I learned was more important:

That I was gay.

You would think that this was a no-brainer; but like many things with me, it took a lot of thought. It would be a lie to say I never noticed other guys before. Sure, I did. I just didn’t think there was anything special about it. Even straight guys sometimes check out other guys’ cocks, right?

Admit it.

And, occasionally I would see a hot girl, like my best friend Tiffany, which made me consider that perhaps I was bisexual. But I quickly figured that was not the case, since no matter what I tried I thought more and more about guys. And it wasn’t just sex either. Eventually I realized I didn’t like girls in that way, but kept hoping I would; in fact, there was nothing I wanted more than to ‘snap out of it.’ But that never happened, and there was nothing I could do but quietly accept that I was gay.

Tiffany was… helpful. I don’t want to say she turns guys gay or anything, since you can’t turn gay. But she probably makes them consider it.
In middle school, she wouldn’t stop hitting on me. It was kind of flattering since she’s good-looking, I guess--- Long curly black hair, pretty Brazilian face. Everyday, she would hang around my table, telling me how hot I looked. She also did that ‘long stare’ thing girls do when they like a guy, which was another thing that took me a long while to pick up on. And, one time, in art, this Christina Aguilera song came on… the one where she sings about ‘sweating until my clothes come off.’ So, when I thought no one was watching, I did a little dance and (quietly) sang along.
I don’t do this everyday. I was just having a particularly good day. And it’s not that weird. Straight guys do it when they're alone and they think no one's watching. Sometimes.
Well, out of nowhere Tiffany just tips her seat back and purrs,

“That’d be nice.”

I actually really like her, in a brotherly way. Admittedly, she’s a little out there, but she’s not a faghag or anything. Of all the people I met, she’s the only girl who never introduced me as her ‘gay friend.’ And when you get to know her, you’ll see she’s also really funny. That gets annoying sometimes, but the rest of the time she’s an awesome person--- and one of my only true friends.
I like to think that her constant flirting would have worked, too, if I wasn’t so gay. We became friends when, one day, when I was on my way to Science class, she planted herself in front of me and asked,

“You aren’t into girls, are you?”

“No.” I politely told her, “I’m just not into you.”

I wasn’t about to tell some random girl something I wasn’t completely sure of. Her shoulders dropped and she walked beside me, “Well, that’s okay. You said no, that’s all I have to know.” Then she walked away.
I was so scared that week… I thought she would tell people… but she didn’t. She just kept quiet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CHAPTERS

Part 1/9
topic25753.html

Part 2/9
topic25913.html

Part 3/9
topic26539.html

Part 4/9
topic26984.html
Last edited by roxythekiller on Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:19 am
MidnightVampire says...

I liked it. It's a good continuation thing off of the Valentine's day sucks (toby's part). It's nice to know a little more about Ethan. I'm sorry that really wasn't a very critique, but I really liked it.
I realized that I said I'd be gone for only two weeks...but I was gone for much longer.I hope to stay on this time. :)

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:08 am
TheD2 says...

Guten Tag! (I am only half German, but you pick up on things) any ways, wow, That was excellently written, it starts slow, making seem like an every day person, and then "Bam!" :!: I'm gay. awesome. No I am not a believer in the people are born gay, but I am not going to go into that. I like that "You get to have sex with your wife..." that was funny. is is true we'll find out later in the Future. Haha laugh with me, it was a joke hahaha. Any ways that was vary good; exquisite if you will. Haven't read any of the others, but I am really interested now. Happy V-day :smt019

[quote]"2,4,6, and 8 may be, but what ever will we do with three." -Random little rhyming quote made by me.
Without Wax,4114

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:32 pm
keirab says...

Ooh! Yay! Yay! More Valentine's Day Sucks! I jumped for joy when I saw this topic posted...

Don't really have any critique for it, it's good. Can't wait to read more!

~Keira~
Sgt: Now, it's quite simple to defend yourself against a man armed with a banana. First of all you force him to drop the banana; then, second, you eat the banana, thus disarming him. You have now rendered him 'elpless.
Palin: What if he's got a bunch?

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:41 am
Alice says...

Hey! I hope I can be of some help...

I came to America when I was twelve, on Valentine’s Day.
We don’t celebrate that in Germany. At least, not in the town I’m from, which was known for its beer and high rate of heart attacks.
Many people have tried to explain this holiday to me, yet everyone gives me a different definition: A day to celebrate love. A day to sell cheap candy

There needs to be spaces in there, no real gramatical reason-as far as I can tell-it just looks neater.

The other thing I learned was more important:

That I was gay.

*falls over laughing* Bravo! I love when people make me fall over laughing like that.

Even straight guys sometimes check out other guys’ cocks, right?

Maybe instead of using "cocks"~which is a higly crude word and the tone of it so far is polite~try using the word "butts'" or if you feel like you need a crude word "asses" would suffice.~Although I'm not sure I spelt it right.

Tiffany was… helpful. I don’t want to say she turns guys gay or anything, since you can’t turn gay. But she probably makes them consider it.
In middle school, she wouldn’t stop hitting on me. It was kind of flattering since she’s good-looking, I guess--- Long curly black hair, pretty

Remember the spaces dear.

I don’t do this everyday. I was just having a particularly good day. And it’s not that weird. Straight guys do it when they're alone and they think no one's watching. Sometimes.
Well, out of nowhere Tiffany just tips her seat back and purrs,

What'd he do?

So far I like this, I'm pretty sure there's more to it, it didn't seem like it was over. It was light, humorous, and cynical, the sort of thing I look for in a story of any kind.

Love it, hope to read more in the future!

~Alice~
I just lost the game.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:30 am
Zalex says...

I don't know why but this story really inspires me! Even though myself, I am not gay, I still think being gay is human and everyone should accept it. Just because you don't like your opposite sex doesn't mean there is something wrong with you! I've loved these parts so far. Keep writing!

Zalex

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
— Mark Twain