z

Young Writers Society

W.R.I.T.E.R.S (Prologue)

Random avatar

Reviews: 16
Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:42 pm
DanielRichard says...

Here would be my idea for a plot:

A main character who is young, maybe a student, and he loves reading, and is an aspiring writer too. He has a favourite author whom he has always wanted to meet, so he sends an email or letter to this author, and something in his writing clues the author off to the fact that this student is also a gifted W.R.I.T.E.R, even though he doesn't realize it. The author wants to arrange a meeting with the MC, so of course he is very excited and goes to meet the author. When they meet, the author tells him about W.R.I.T.E.R.S and recruits him to be a part of their team, and begins to train him so he can better use his skills.
What happens after that would be up to you, but I could think of some more events if you'd like.
That should be enough to get you started. :)
"A story is a way to say something that can't be said any other way"
-Flannery O'Connor

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:47 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Dude. you're genius. *gets pencil*
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:26 pm
tinkembell says...

Wow I agree, a story would be brilliant :)
"The rabbit always squeals in the jaws of the fox, but when has another rabbit ever rushed up to save it?" Damon Salvatore
;'( please, my lump, he just needs HUGS <3
Need a review? Just ask :)
Just keep writing, just keep writing, do-do-do-do-do

Reviews: 1
Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:21 pm
lienriel says...

This is a very creative idea and the depth within the meaning is very admirable and I would suggest that you keep wrieing and I think this would be interesting as a story.
"Let the gift that few men see be noticed by all before the wasteland comes." Lien Riel

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:00 am
SazzaMulgazza says...

I realise I should be objective but can I just say that your standard of writing far surpasses your age! I can only imagine how amazing you will be in ten years.

Very original, very well written, very enjoyable indeed. I hope you continue work on this. I'm sure I could scrutinise it but I shan't... you definitely have a talent for writing. Best of luck :).

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:09 am
iheartbooks says...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! OMG I LOVE IT! AND I LOVE OUR NAME!!!! Now I feel cool, I have a government made name!!!
"As the hungry are deprived of food, I am deprived of sympathy for those who deprive me of my sanity." ~Anonymous

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:11 am
MilkNCookies says...

^^ haha, ok, W.R.I.T.E.R.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:08 am
Mazzi says...

Wow.
Tell the people Mazzi is here! To defend the defenseless! Befriend the friendless! And to defeat...the defeatless!

P.S and to love Lemurs!

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:35 am
asxz says...

Wow! When I read this, I thought you would be sixteen or something! Amazing.

Now, in the first part, I found a few errors that I did not see in any of the repies, so:

I don't move things with my mind or read them.

This one... I think it sounds a little weird with the 'read them'. Maybe switch it around; "I don't read people's minds, or move things with my own."

What it do-it's too...

* What I do -- it's too...

We're classified by the government as WRITERS- wrightomiphy rightrstios inthromepy exctohempoplolbic righthome supernatural. It's much easier to say that we're WRITERS.

I agree with people above. It doesn't sound scientific. Maybe something which doesn't have 'wright' and 'right' in it so much...? I do like the 'ectohempoplobic' (Without the second l, as that's awkward to pronounce).

The 'dreadful things' that the Government attempting to obliterate. But the public does not know the power these paperbacks and hardbacks harness within their binding. They are completely blind to it. Just removing them would arouse suspicion. So they're burring them one by one.

I agree with GryphonFledgling on this paragraph.

The murderes and ...

*murderers

Apart from the nit-picks, GREAT story. Well, not a story, but an idea for a story. Great idea! I like the polt above, and then maybe have to government have a few assasination attempts on the MC before she/he fully realises that the WRITERS thing isn't complete BS, as s/he maybe thought it was in the begining.

Keep writing, and I look forward to seeing more of this!
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:51 am
PaperNessa says...

Wow this was interesting/exciting but confusing/strange at the same time. I enjoyed reading! keep it up! i liked it but is there a plot?
the only thing i had understanding was:

wrightomiphy rightrstios inthromepy exctohempoplolbic righthome supernatural

anyone else confused? that was it. thanks for writing!!

best wishes,

Nessa

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:37 pm
Angela says...

Wow. That whole bit (except maybe for the govenment stuff) is so true! I saw this on the index page and I was like, "Well, this has been here forever. I might as well read it." AND IT IS SO TRUE! And then nonwriting people ask why you are so edgy about people wanting to read your book and how do you explain to them that this book is like your child?! But now we all get it! Love this story so much!
Colossal Compendium of Complications and Confusion = MY LIFE

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:41 pm
Palip says...

All I can say is...WOW. One of the most original and ingenous ideas I have ever seen written down. I actually smiled at the W.R.I.T.E.R.S. definition of each letter...however the only problem may be that, as several people pointed out before me, it's comical rather than scientific? Other than that, pllleeaasssseee develop this into a story? Thank you very much :) Palip P.S. Didn't cover nitpicks because they were already covered. Kudos.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:17 pm
ASH1397 says...

I totally agree with every word of this:
Writers would die to protect their children.
I love how serious and intense this piece is, you really got the point and fact of WRITERS down. :)
Keep more coming!

--Ash
And just when the caterpillar thought her life was over, she turned into a beautiful butterfly.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:02 am
fruityfortissimo says...

Very creative. I like that you acknowledge the fact that being a write set us apart from everyone else! Nobody ever does and its about time! I love how you represented everybody's individuality, yet you grouped us together as writers. Excellent! I overall loved this piece. I like how you added WHAT sets writers apart from everyone else. Instead of just puttingthe fact out there you used evidence. Brilliant!
"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."
Harvey Fierstein
"At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet."
Plato

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:32 am
Lollipopper says...

Holy whoa, dude! This is so cool! You made such a simple job (writing) sound so deep. Deep thinking there--that's definitely something to be proud of.
Good way to start that piece . It caught the reader's attention with the whole 'I'm different' thing. I love how the WRITERS are being hunted by the Government and stuff, it makes you feel rare.
Only a few times was I confused with your word placement. I had to re-read a phrase over a few times before I understood what you were trying to get across. Just think about the natural way people's words flow when they talk.
This subject really captivates the attention here--at YWS, for the whole writing thing--I just can see how some shallow people aren't gonna read this 'cause they're not "Writers". I don't think there's much you can do about that but it's their loss.

Thank you so much for posting this--it was great! PM me when you have more, please?:)

--Lollipopper
Yeah, that's Hedwig staring at you determinedly.

What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it. That doesn't happen much, though.
— J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye