z

Young Writers Society

Character group therapy

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:36 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

You awake at the usual time, in the usual place, to a letter beside your sleeping place. You stare for a moment, and when it is opened, you find a letter enclosed within.

Hello, I am TTD, and I invite you to attend a group session. Complete confidentiality is guaranteed and magically enforced, and honesty is encouraged. I do hope to see you there. Put on the enclosed pendant to enter the session, it can be removed at any time to leave. Thank you for your consideration.

Enclosed in the envelope is a round, silver pendant on a matching chain constructed of rings like chainmail. Engraved on the pendant is your name, as you prefer to be called, and your pronouns below it, and your true age below that.

The rest is up to you.

Spoiler! :
Hey, this is for characters who have experienced trauma of any sort to work through it, if outside of cannon. Within the realm which will be described in my first post honesty is NOT enforced. Lying is perfectly possible. However, once the character leaves, they will be unable to talk about anything they heard from anyone else within the therapy group. It is also absolutely true that any character can leave any time by taking off the pendant.

The usual rules apply.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

95 Reviews

Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:45 pm
Teddybear says...

Spoiler! :
TTD: A fur-covered dragonlike creature in a deep green color with a long, serpentine body, four comparatively short legs, and a thick collar of bluish fur around their neck. They wear a loose knitted shawl and a round pair of specticals, a notepad and pen grasped in their front paws as they sit, their body coiled, on a beanbag chair.

They hummed quietly under their breath as they observed the room. Different seating options were available, couched, beanbag chairs, and a couple of egg chairs. Hopefully the soft cream-colored walls and paintings of the natural settings of multiple worlds would make for a comfortable environment for anyone who accepted the invitations. Someone usually did. People do tend to be drawn to the idea of talking about the things that bother them.

They tapped their pen absently on the notepad and waited. What was that song they were humming? They couldn't get it out of their head but the name eluded them rather skillfully for a concept.

he/they

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:59 pm
View Likes
Ignorance says...

Spoiler! :
Dr. Emile Picani: Human, transgender male. 6'1, brown hair dyed pink. Beige sweater, with white undershirt and pink tie. Pronouns are he/him.

Emile awoke, putting on his glasses as usual. Ahh, so nice to have an off day, not having to deal with the problems of clients... wait, what was that? A letter..? But why was it in his bed? Confused but curious, he opened it and read the letter. A group therapy session? Being the only therapist in the mindscape was hard. If he could get a chance to go to therapy himself... he put on the pendant, and with a flash of light, found himself in an office, some creature sitting in front of him.
Do you how do?
I use any pronouns :)
Get in losers, we're going napping

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:50 pm
View Likes
TheWordsOfWolf says...

Spoiler! :
Prince Zayel Bane, age 17. Tall, for an Eprian, about 6'2'. Dark olive toned skin, messy black hair and greyish purple eyes. There are patches of dark green dragon scales littering his body and he has many scars.

Zayel, as a matter of principle hated therapy so why he decided to put on that pendant when he woke up was anyone's guess. As soon as he slipped it around his neck he, with a flash of light, was teleported to a strange room containing two other beings. He took a seat and made a point not to look at anyone.

19 Reviews

Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:58 pm
View Likes
Ignorance says...

As another flash of light appeared, Emile turned to look at the person. He looked normal, except for the scars and scales. Nevertheless, he smiled and gave a little wave. "Hello! Uh, do you how do?"
Do you how do?

49 Reviews

Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:00 pm
View Likes
TheWordsOfWolf says...

Zayel grunted in response and glared at the speaker "who are you?"

19 Reviews

Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:59 pm
View Likes
Ignorance says...

“Emile! Emile Picani. What about you? I like your scales, by the way! Reminds me of a friend of mine.” He smiled warmly.
Do you how do?

49 Reviews

Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:59 pm
View Likes
TheWordsOfWolf says...

"Thanks. I hate them. Nice to meet you. I'm called Zayel." he made each statement in the same no emotion tone.

19 Reviews

Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:23 pm
View Likes
Ignorance says...

“Zayel! Nice to meet you! And I think those scales are very cool, but it’s totally ok to be insecure about them.” Emile smiled, wondering if more people would show up.
Do you how do?

49 Reviews

Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:34 pm
View Likes
TheWordsOfWolf says...

"I'm not insecure about them. I hate them. I hate what they mark me as."

19 Reviews

Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:39 pm
View Likes
Ignorance says...

“Oh..? What do you mean?”
Do you how do?

49 Reviews

Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:44 pm
View Likes
TheWordsOfWolf says...

Zayel looked at him like he had three heads "I have them because I'm a weredragon. The scales mark me as a monster." he spoke through gritted teeth

19 Reviews

Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:52 pm
View Likes
Ignorance says...

“Ohhhh…” Emile’s eyes widened as he nodded. “Well… what’s it like being a monster? In your society, I mean?”
Do you how do?

49 Reviews

Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:56 pm
View Likes
TheWordsOfWolf says...

"everybody hates you. people try to kill you a lot. your parents might try to sacrifice you." he said nonchalantly

95 Reviews

Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:44 am
Teddybear says...

TTD smiled warmly at the newcomers and allowed them to give their introductions to each other. Already discussions of trauma were starting to surface. TTD was always surprised at how easily even the most closed-off person would talk about the things that bothered them in life.

"Welcome," they said as the conversation lulled in an awkward spot. It would probably be best to wait for the proper introductions and give others a chance to arrive before diving into anything so no one would have to repeat anything. "Please, find a seat, wherever you like."

he/they

Change isn't inherently good, but you can't stop it, so let's just enjoy the ride. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
— TheSilverFox