z

Young Writers Society

The Three Dragon Inn

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:23 pm
View Likes
clarevelyn13 says...

Down in the depths of the inn, Finn was reaching into his Erin and taking hold of the bags when he thought he heard a distant cacophony - it sounded as if it were coming from the main bar area. "What the..." he glanced at Thuki, then returned his gaze to "The Cat" who he presumed was the lithe man with the striking blue gaze.

"Here it is," Finnegan muttered, pulling out his catch. But at first he didn't put it anywhere, he just held onto it, and met the man's blue gaze with his own brown one. Then, slowly, he untied the first, biggest bag and dumped its contents onto the table by his side. Its brilliant contents spilled out, red and green, blue, white, yellow, and all different combinations of colors - the gems. He followed with the others, smaller bags of coins, making one big pile on the table.

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:25 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

"Yes!" Maggie shouts. "A freaking REAPER is after me, and I didn't do anything!"

"Woah, a Reaper?" Chris shouts, freaking out. "IS THIS TAVERN OLD? THUKI!!"

"You can't handle it!" Maggie gasps. "These things are IMMORTAL, and appear when something in time is messed up. No, it wasn't Bends, if that's what you're thinking Chris. Bends does it all the time and there's no Reaper after him. But these things are immortal and if they get in here, we're screwed!"

Maggie glared at Zogin, lifted her hand, and shot a laser beam at the gun, incinerating it. "I don't like guns being pointed at me," she snaps. "And there's more where that came from."
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:26 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Good," the man purrs, studying him. He then turns to the rest of the tavern. "He may be initiated," he tells Thuki and sits back down. The tavern goes wild again and it's as though Finnegan's presence is entirely normal.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

364 Reviews

Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:00 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

"THUKI!" Chris sounds again.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:34 pm
View Likes
SacredPen says...

Sacred sighs and drops from his bed, snapping his fingers to form the bed into a drinking glass once more. "There's no such thing as immortal by my standards, Miss. If something time-related is awry, I can help you fix it before anyone gets hurt, unless there's something I don't know," he offers, pocketing his hands.
"Why do I need money to live? Can't I just, like, photosynthesize or something?"

364 Reviews

Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:39 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

"You won't be able to," Maggie snaps, glaring at him. "Here." She grabs a computer out of nowhere, it seems like. "Look it up." She slams it against the bar and opens an it.

"I doubt that he knows what that is," Chris says. "Put it away."

"Fine..." Maggie sighs, putting it away.

Spoiler! :
Look up "Reaper Doctor Who" and you'll find out what it is.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:43 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Can I post next?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

364 Reviews

Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:49 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Spoiler! :
YEP!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:04 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Zogin stared at her gun - well, the charred remains of what had once been it. It was one of her most treasured creations, save for the automaton standing beside her in shock. And here it was, burnt beyond recognition.

She was angry.

It was a cruel act to break anyone's weapon; it was an extension of themselves that they had poured their soul and sometimes their magic into. So she did exactly that. She channeled her Sin through her body, letting it flow among her blood and travel through her countless nerves. It enveloped the broken weapon in her hands.

She watched as it returned to the state it had been in moments earlier. It was times like these that made her grateful for her Sin - the ability to return non-living objects to their previous state. She could only work in a time span of five minutes, but, as in this situation, that was all that she needed.

"What's a reaper?" Soul nervously questioned, Zogin too preoccupied with glaring at Maggie to pose the question she had also been wondering.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

364 Reviews

Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:27 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Maggie flipped Zogin off as she answered Soul's question. "They are creatures of time itself. They hunt for temperal paradoxes and, when one is found, they flock to it and destroy everything in their path. I managed to teleport here, to my cousin, but we need to lock everything down and go to the oldest part of the building."

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:24 am
View Likes
SacredPen says...

"Why is that? I'm sure there are people here capable of dealing with this, but how are we meant to tell what the oldest part of the building is?" he shrugs, looking between the two feuding interlocutors.
"Why do I need money to live? Can't I just, like, photosynthesize or something?"

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:47 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo listened to Chris's frazzled cousin explain everything and... it all went over his head. Listening to everyone babble on about creatures who fix the time space continuum just made him feel... well, unintelligent to say the least. Backing away from the young girl, he shrugged and sat back down among them, this time beside Zogin. This was above his paygrade.
Last edited by soundofmind on Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

18 Reviews

Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:20 am
View Likes
clarevelyn13 says...

As the man sat down, Finn looked sideways at Thuki, a bit puzzled. "That's it? I'm in? Who initiates me, you?" Then he looked back down at his prize. "I thought this Cat guy wanted my catch."

Well, of course it would be perfectly fine with Finnegan if he got to keep it to himself. But still. He needed more purpose to his plundering - that was part of what made it worthwhile for him.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:54 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"He takes a tax, but not off your first catch. ARI!" she yells.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

18 Reviews

Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:33 am
View Likes
clarevelyn13 says...

Finnegan smiled a bit crookedly. "Well then," he mused. "How generous." He looked around to see what figure would answer to "Ari."

Life's short; smile while you still have teeth.
— Tuesday