z

Young Writers Society

Valley of Unending Night

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:35 pm
View Likes
ardentlyThieving says...

He bowed in a sweeping motion, perfectly matching the diagrams in his Adventurer's Handbook Volume 5. "Marius Pontmercy, spellsword and adventurer at your service."

He straightened, wobbling a little, but keeping the charming smile on his face. "And you would be?"
“Thus human beings judge of one another, superficially, casually, throwing contempt on one another, with but little reason, and no charity.” - Emmuska Orczy, 'The Scarlet Pimpernel'

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:47 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Her eyes narrow, unsure of this newcomer. "Tasha. Tasha Hunter."
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

30 Reviews

Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:57 pm
View Likes
ardentlyThieving says...

"And your injured friend?" He stepped towards Darian. "Mind if I take a look at that? Healing isn't exactly my area of expertise, but I know enough to get by and the value of a second opinion."
“Thus human beings judge of one another, superficially, casually, throwing contempt on one another, with but little reason, and no charity.” - Emmuska Orczy, 'The Scarlet Pimpernel'

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:04 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"Where did you come from?" Amy asked the newcomer, as she brushed a sweaty strand of hair back under her snapback. It seemed that all of magic - the shape-shifting bow, the disappearing girl, the glowing healing wand thing - had finally shocked her in its newness and strangeness to the point where she was numb. So she just focused on what she could understand.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:05 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Darian turned his head with a sigh to the man he did not recognize, yet was packing bags under his orders. "Leave our supplies behind. Take only light with you, and find a cavern in which we may take refuge from weather and attackers...and birds."

He turned back to the man jabbering on about his wound. "If you lack so much faith in the gods of this world to heal a simple pierced muscle--" He winced. "--have your exam now before the spell completes its regenerative process."
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

30 Reviews

Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:28 pm
View Likes
ardentlyThieving says...

He blinked, seeing that the sound was practically healed already. Apparently this man has a far better relationship with the gods than he did. "Dare I ask what you mean by birds?"

He turned to the young women then and grinned, pointing over his shoulder. "Well, I came from that direction. But if you want specifics, I grew up in a small town called Spielburg. Lovely place. Not much going on though."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:55 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Leon had been listening to the conversation, trying to figure what was going on and what he should say. It was a hard thing to do - the man had appeared so suddenly that he hadn't had much time to react.

But Marius seemed to having the ability to use healing magic, and that was a good enough conversation starter for Leon.

"So you can cast magic?" he eagerly asked the newcomer..
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

30 Reviews

Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:08 pm
View Likes
ardentlyThieving says...

"I can! Not that I'm particularly skilled in any one area, but I know a little bit of everything. And I always have this." He tapped the hilt of the sword at his waist. "It's like my Adventuring Course said, practice what you're good at. And I am good at dabbling."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:51 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

This was the best lead that he had found in months! Even if Marius wasn't able to help Kane himself, he surely knew of some way or some person who could turn him back to normal! "If someone was cursed to become an animal, do you know how to break that curse?"
mage

queer and here.

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:17 am
WanderingCloud says...

Spoiler! :
Uhmm. Guys. Do you mind if I plant (insert) some atmosphere or environment on the next scenes? I promise I won't control you characters.Its just like nothing happened, really. Just a few description of the place/area they are at.

30 Reviews

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:19 am
View Likes
ardentlyThieving says...

Well that seemed personal.

"It would depend on the type of curse I think," he said slowly. Then gestured towards Darian. "I'd assume the healer would be more familiar with the topic than I am."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:20 am
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
@WanderingCloud, I don't think that would really fit the type of roleplay we're doing, but you're welcome to join in with a character of your own!
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:29 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"And just putting this out there: assume I know nothing. Just fyi," Amy commented, blankly staring out past Tasha.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:10 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

As they converse, Tasha backs off, her hostility becoming more of a passive wariness. She doesn't put her knife away, but instead starts idly flipping it in her fingers as she watches the conversation in silence.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

30 Reviews

Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:01 pm
View Likes
ardentlyThieving says...

Marius relaxed a little, relieved that the scary one looked a little less about-to-stab-someone: namely him.

He grinned self-deprecatingly at the strangely dressed woman, running a hand through his hair and tousling it. "Well, that makes two of us. This valley feels wrong, but I don't have anything more than that."

The Course never mentioned anything like this!

The magic is only in what books say, how they stitched the patches of the universe together into one garment for us.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451