Young Writers Society

The Stranded Hotel

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:09 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Suddenly, loud explosions could be heard going off, originating from the second floor of the hotel, but two more explosions seemed to go off at opposite ends of the hotel, triggered by the first.

Alex laughed along with Deedee as he rode off on her back, escaping the blast.

James hunched down to the floor as he felt the walls and the floor shake beneath them, and jumped out the open window - relieved they were in a first floor room.

"Go!" He yelled at the others in the room, waving for them to follow.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:26 am
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Can I post next?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:32 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Spoiler! :
yes! :0 go for it!! also i hope what i put was ok sadfghfdfs i kinda like caused a lot of damage... but Alex tends to do mess up everything in general

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:34 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Spoiler! :
Yep! Can I post for DeeDee?
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:14 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hades and Perse rushed after James. Cerberus wasn't that far behind from their masters. But while Hades should have been focusing on the source of the explosion, the only thing that he could think about was how he didn't know where Sarah had went. What if she was caught in the blast?

His question was almost immediately answered; a figure pushed through the rubble on the second floor and landed not too far away from them. She stumbled a bit, but quickly got back on her feet and came rushing over. Sarah looked absolutely terrifying - he had never seen such an angry expression on her face.

"It's horrible in there," she informed them. It sounded like she was trying to withhold the desire to scream or yell out the words. "No one's dead, but the injuries are bad. I think some might not make it if they don't receive medical attention soon."

"Oh my Olympus," Hades managed to get out. He somehow managed to inform Alex of what had happened, but he wasn't sure how he had gotten the words out through his horror.

Neither him nor Perse had the ability to use healing magic. The only person he could ask was Hecate, but there was no way to contact her! He wasn't going to let people die because he hadn't caught Alex when he had the chance, but what was he supposed to do?
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:51 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Cornyx's wings open and he slams them in front of him, his brother doing the same as they block the worst of the blast.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

364 Reviews

Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:44 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Jeanine rushed in. "I had a medical degree. I was getting into Harvard for it until The Woman ruined my life."

The Woman wrinkles her nose.

---

DeeDee rolls her eyes. "Do you have one of those mirrors?" she asks.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:03 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Alex looked at Deedee with a raised brow. "What, you wanna talk to the ghost haunting the little girl?"

---

James, though he couldn't hear or see the ghost telling them of the state of the guests and the hotel, already knew the conclusion. Once he saw that everyone in the room was relatively ok, he rushed off on his own, down the side of the building towards the fire. He sprinted, to the nearest explosion site, watching the fire and smoke rise amidst the still muddy ground from the rain, which was only now letting up. He kicked up mud as he slid into the building, entering through a hole in the side of the building, searching for people.

He heard a familiar voice crying for help, and saw the face of his coworker Cynthia, terrified, and screaming, stuck under a piece of fallen wall.

"Hold on!" He yelled, running over to her and lifting the wall with a pained grunt, and holding it up with his back as he pulled her out. Cynthia began to sob as she looked at the state of her legs, both broken.

James pushed her out of the way of the wall before dropping it down with a heave, and picking her up.

"My l-legs!" She babbled through tears, holding onto him weakly. "The- the -explosion -"

James tried to comfort her, but had no words at the moment as he carried her outside, away from the fire.

"How many others were with you?" He asks.

Cynthia looked up at him, wiping her eyes, trying to pull herself together. "T-two o-oth-others in the roo-" she began, but didnt' finish, and James set her down, leaning against a tree.

"I have to get them," he explained. "Wait here."

And with that he ran back into the building.

Spoiler! :
james is just like kthx bye all my coworkers and friends are in here im gonna get them

364 Reviews

Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:28 am
View Likes
zaminami says...

"No, I want you to smash it. She can see us through mirrors."

--

Jeanine runs out. "James! Do you want me to help?"

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:39 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

They slam the rubble off from off of themselves with their wings before they disappear, returning to their full human forms. Cornyx's sword becomes a knife once more as he goes to help James and the blonde man shimmers and merges with him as he walks.

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:16 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James stuck his head outside of the burning building and barked orders to those rushing to his aid. "Jeanine, put that medical knowledge of yours to use and aid those injured to the best of your ability! Start with Cynthia! Cornyx get your a** over to the other side of the building where the other explosions were and help those people out!"

And with that, James ran back into the building, and found two of the others who had taken refuge underneath a miraculously sturdy table, though the table itself was buried in rubble. He dug away at it before helping them out, directing them safely out of the building and pointing them in the direction of Jeanine and Cynthia.

There's one more person in this room, but there are countless others. We need to move fast.

--

Alex pulled out a small pocket mirror, keeping it covered before he smashed it with the handle of a knife he had on him. He opened his hand, letting the shattered pieces of mirror fall to the ground below Deedee. "As you say, Dee. Seven years of bad luck for me, by your demand."

364 Reviews

Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:46 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

"Alright!" Jeanine shouts back. She examines Cynthia. "Don't try to move anyone! It's dangerous! Just... contact me if you find more!"

Jeanine sighed. "Your left leg has a shattered bone and your right is broken. You were lucky."

--

"Psh, that's just a dumb myth!" DeeDee laughed.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:41 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Li He ran into the building after James, turning back into her human form to speak to him. "I can help."

Before he could say anything, she turned back into her fox form and dived straight into the rubble, digging guided by the smell of a trapped person.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

117 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:47 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Cornyx starts moving rubble with inhuman strength and helping people out. He isn't particularly compassionate about the job but he does it well despite his rather indifferent fashion of aiding the humans.

Raven is still quietly standing in the shadows, unmoving.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:42 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"What should we do?" Hades asked as he turned to his husband.

He knew that there was nothing he could do to help the injured besides freeing them from the rubble, but Cornyx, James, Li He and Jeanine were already on top of that. Even Sarah had rushed back inside. From the screams of what sounded to be terror, rather than pain, he guessed that she was moving some of the as well - though the injured were probably more frightened by the sight of the rubble moving on its own.

Perse looked around them, Cerberus panting at his feet. He knew Hades well. He knew that the inability to help was breaking his heart, but, like Hades, he understand how they couldn't do much to ease the pain of the suffering.

"We need to find Alex and DeeDee," he decided.

Hades nodded. It seemed like the best thing to do. "Cerberus can help," he realized, eyes widening. Upon hearing their name, all three of the heads popped up and watched him. "They just need to find something that doesn't smell right, and we should be able to figure out where they went."

His sword, which had disappeared when he heard the explosion, reappeared in his hand. He gave Cerberus the necessary command, and the dog went barely off.

Hades and Perse followed, both ready for the fight they were surely running into.
mage

queer and here.

There is nothing more radical or counter-cultural, at the moment, than laying down one’s cynicism in favour of tender vulnerability.
— John Green