z

Young Writers Society

Ask a question here (or start a new topic!)

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:54 am
Wolf says...

I'm not 100% percent sure what you mean, but I will answer to the best of my limited abilities...
I always say 'You wrote' in bold when I am critiqueing someone's work. Is that what you mean?
If it is, you simply do the first bolden command and write 'You wrote' or '______(their name) wrote' and then end the bold.

If that wasn't what you meant, I am terribly sorry!
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:16 am
Azila says...

That's not what I mean, but it's okay :wink: I just had dinner, so I will wait at least a few hours before eating you. :D

I mean on quotes, like this:

If that wasn't what you meant, I am terribly sorry!

See how it just says "Quote:"? Well sometimes when other people do it it would say "Ayra said:" And I'm wondering how to do that...

Anyone?

~Azila~

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:15 am
Alainna says...

Ah, at the top of any post is a little button that says 'Quote'.

If you click on that the whole of someones post will be copied into a reply. Then you can delete what you don't need and add what you do need as appropriate.

Hope that helps.

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 335
Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:55 pm
View Likes
Fireweed says...

If you start a post, save it as a draft, and get offline, how do you find it again? :?
"I myself am composed entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."- Augusten Burroughs

602 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:59 pm
Wolf says...

You go to the 'Read and 'Review' page, and there is a link that says 'View all drafts and topics posted to'.
I'm not sure it'll work, but here's the link:
search.php?search_id=egosearch_by_topic
Hope this helped,
Ayra :D
everything i loved

Would you like a review?

602 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:12 pm
Wolf says...

I actually have a question of my own...
What exactly does an Instructor do? Are they assigned one person to instruct or do they just have to critique everyone's work? :?
everything i loved

Would you like a review?

Random avatar

Reviews: 335
Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:38 pm
Fireweed says...

It did indeed! Thanks, Ayra!
"I myself am composed entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."- Augusten Burroughs

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:23 pm
Revere says...

Ayra wrote:I actually have a question of my own...
What exactly does an Instructor do? Are they assigned one person to instruct or do they just have to critique everyone's work? :?

As far as I know, Instructors are members who contribute often to the Literary Forums, and give thoughtful and helpful critiques. I don't think they have an assigned member to assist, but they would be the people you could ask for a specific review.

And my own wondering: I posted a story recently, but it didn't show up on the homepage. It was rated G, and the story appears in Historical Fiction and 'Posts Since Your Last Visit' - just not in the homepage centre section. I wasn't concerned at first, but that location is really valuable for 'advertisement' of your work: users read the homepage to see new works to critique. Unfortunately my story hasn't gathered much attention, and when I post a new piece I'd like it to appear there to ensure more views. Any ideas?

EDIT - I also wanted to mention that previous work I've posted appeared on the homepage without my interference.
"[Maybe] If they don't light it, it can never go out."
^Mary, from Heat

>Previously known as green_river<

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:55 am
AsSunshineIsToHippies says...

I saved a story as a draft so I could work on it later, now it is later and I don't know how to access my unfinished story!
Once upon a time, I posted a magical message. Then everyone danced and sang keeping the beat with their hands. The End. :)

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:59 am
Emerson says...

I saved a story as a draft so I could work on it later, now it is later and I don't know how to access my unfinished story!

This has been a bothersome problem for a while. XD I believe there is a button up at the top of the community forum or the lit forum. I do not know what it says... something like view drafts? Ah, here it says "View your drafts and topics you have posted to" It is second in the list to the right.

I hope that helps? Also! Your avatar is super cool. :)
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:00 am
Meshugenah says...

To find your drafts, you have to be on an index page (community, groups, or literary). The "view your drafts option" is on the right hand side, under the banner, and right above the announcement box.

(haha, Suz, we're amazing :p)
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:03 am
AsSunshineIsToHippies says...

Suzanne wrote:

This has been a bothersome problem for a while. XD I believe there is a button up at the top of the community forum or the lit forum. I do not know what it says... something like view drafts? Ah, here it says "View your drafts and topics you have posted to" It is second in the list to the right.

I hope that helps? Also! Your avatar is super cool. :)

Thanks! For both the help and the comment about my avatar. I didn't make the avatar though a user named brebear on deviantART made it. I thought it was cool too :D
Once upon a time, I posted a magical message. Then everyone danced and sang keeping the beat with their hands. The End. :)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:22 am
Snoink says...

green_river wrote:And my own wondering: I posted a story recently, but it didn't show up on the homepage. It was rated G, and the story appears in Historical Fiction and 'Posts Since Your Last Visit' - just not in the homepage centre section. I wasn't concerned at first, but that location is really valuable for 'advertisement' of your work: users read the homepage to see new works to critique. Unfortunately my story hasn't gathered much attention, and when I post a new piece I'd like it to appear there to ensure more views. Any ideas?

EDIT - I also wanted to mention that previous work I've posted appeared on the homepage without my interference.

Nate hasn't configured it so that historical fiction goes on the front page yet.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 33
Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:05 am
localcreation says...

How do I find out how many more pieces of work I have to read before I can submit something new? The day I started, I added a few of my things because I wasn't aware of the rules and also commented on a few people's sites. How do I know?

- localcreation

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:14 am
Meshugenah says...

The rule is to keep a 2:1 ratios of critiques to work -- that is, comment on two stories (poems, etc.) before posting your own work.

Does that answer your question?
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

Life is like a bag of potatoes, it starts out rough, but can turn into something beautiful (and yummy).
— Ley