z

Young Writers Society

Unicorn

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:41 am
tdownes says...

Yes, it's to do with my obsession with horses.

And I know it is a large size, but it's not gargantuan, at least.
Attachments
Unicorn.JPG
Unicorn.JPG (700.53 KiB) Viewed 499 times
He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm and the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the Universe. And ...he's wonderful.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:07 am
Twit says...

From what I can see of it, it looks pretty good! The cheek bulges out too much - it looks like it's got a mouthful of bubblegum or something - and the eye is too high up. The horn looks really nice, though.

Scale it down, because when it's this big you can't really get an overall impression. I can has smaller picature, plz? :D
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:32 pm
Rascalover says...

You should definitly size it down a bit, but from what i can see it's really good! I love the horn on top of the horses head the way its rounded is amazing. :D You also did a great job with the horses eye.

Over all awesome job- Tiffany
There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein~ Red Smith

Who needs a review? :) http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic38078.html

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:43 pm
Maki-Chan says...

nicely done. The only thing I would change is the size its really hard to see everything and give a decent review,
check out my deviantart account ^_^
http://maki121.deviantart.com/

566 Reviews

Reviews: 566
Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:50 pm
miyaviloves says...

this is soooooo big I can't see it propeerly which makes me do this :(

Can you resise it so I can see it better and can give it a proper review?

Meevs

(PM me if you do resize it so I don't miss is please????)

xx
Bag.

Got YWS?

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:38 pm
Maybe says...

This looks really good from what I can see of it. The shading is excellent, especially in the eye and horn. You have incredible talent when it comes to drawing, especially horses.

Perhaps a smaller picture, please? :)

-May
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:02 am
Chupatoasta says...

I resizeded it for you! :D Sorry I have tendency to do that to a few people...
Haha
Anyway, this is really nice.
Like Maye said the shading is amazing and so is the detail in the mane.
Awesome.
I personally thought that a unicorn's horn was highed up, but hey, it's your drawing!
:D Anywhozels, nicely done! Nice!

566 Reviews

Reviews: 566
Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:28 am
miyaviloves says...

Ah brilliant that is much better :D

I really like this, it looks realistic from the hrose part, and the shading all over looks really good. I think my favourite part is the nose though, it looks really lif elike almost 3-d so well done.

And many thanks for re-sizing it :D

Meevs
xx
Bag.

Got YWS?

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:02 pm
Maki-Chan says...

wow! That unicorn is beautiful! I really loved how you shaded it. Its eyes are amazing too. just work on the hair, to me the unicorn is wonderful; however the hair of its mane sort of brings it down a little bit.
check out my deviantart account ^_^
http://maki121.deviantart.com/

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:22 pm
tdownes says...

O, I have missed all this! (I've been away..)
Thanks you everybody. And thanks for sizing it down. I was going to get round to doing it. Some time, anyway. ;)
He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm and the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the Universe. And ...he's wonderful.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:54 pm
VampireBloodrace says...

I love the shading (something I could never do), it looks realistic! The horn is it's best feature, I think. The only thing that bothers me, though, is it's muzzle. (Or nose or whatever you want to call it.) It's a bit too long...
Friends are life
Music is life
Love is life
Writing is life
Hate is Death

143 Reviews

Reviews: 143
Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:13 pm
anti-pop says...

This is very nice! I've always found horses difficult to draw, and this is better than I've ever done. ;)
The horn is beautiful, and so is the eye. I love the gleam in it.
I think the mane is a bit...flat. Try giving it a little more bounce and movement, like real hair. The snout is really good as well. The shading is nearly flawless :D

Other than that hair bit, I really like it! Unicorns ftw!

*anti-pop
...Bitter cold, it grows
changing holds
cynicism the new norm...

-Libretto

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:28 am
niccy_v says...

My only problem is the horn. I have always imagined the horn being further up the head. As in, above the eyes beneath the forelock?

But it's your pic so no biggie ;p

The cheek was very nicely created, well done. But the muzzle got to me. It was too out of the ordinary, it just didn't melt into the rest of the hair like a normal horse's would.

Though it's an impressive pic i like it :)
Writing gives my life purpose

198 Reviews

Reviews: 198
Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:41 am
Dreamworx95 says...

Nice. I really love how you did the eye. I wish you'd maybe colored it a little bit to give it some pop. Also, you could maybe add a background as well. Just some suggestions. Good job!

Ciao baby,

Dream,

XOXO

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:51 am
anamachi.boricua says...

Wow, this looks very good. I will start off with a little critique and then I will bring on the praise. I think that the cheek is a little too big. It does not match the rest of the face well. The hair of the unicorn seems too thin. Lastly there is a slight bend in the middle of the unicorn's horn. Overall I have to say this is really well drawn. Your picture is so lifelike. The shading is incredible. I also love the placement of the horn itself. Instead of being further back like cartoons portray the horn in the front of the unicorn's head. This is perfect because the horn is supposed to be the most outstanding feature of the unicorn. Once again great job.
*annmarielovesbooks*

"Insanity is best served w/cheese." - Alicia Archangel

You can't fool me! I listen to public radio!
— Squidward Tentacles