z

Young Writers Society

Matt Scribbles Things On Paper Then Scans It

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:36 am
cheeb says...

Mine thread! This is where I scrawl an untidy sketch of my characters and then force people to look at them. Oh, how evil of me.

InfraRed

Infra
As you can plainly see, I can't draw fire to save my life. Infra is red and white in colour.

Ultra
Ultra's skin is violet (why could that be? Oh... I gotcha), and his pants and wings are white. That thing you can see behind his wings is his staff, which is held there when he's not fighting with it. The thing in his hand is one of the orbs.

Tempo
Tempo's colour scheme is mostly greens, with black hair and belt. The thing you can just see on her back is a jetpack that opens up into wings when she wants to fly (and it is grey). That's a rocket popping out of her hand there, it's a heatseeker. The right arm fires energy blasts.

Waver
It's a Waver, one of the bat-like things that Luke sends to attack Infra and Ultra. It kinda looks like a flying pumpkin! :D

Abhor - added 19/05/08
Abhor the Reaper began life much like any other Reaper, under the command of the Grim One at the Death Syndicate, but gradually grew to enjoy his job a little too much. After he began taking the lives of those whose time wasn't up yet, he was banished from Death Syndicate and his scythe was confiscated. Lucifer, seeing a powerful ally in the making, offered Abhor a new scythe and a chance to join him, which Abhor accepted. Although a formidable foe, Abhor often serves as a comic relief prop.

Sweet Tooth (link will be provided once I start writing the script)

Rocky - added 23/02/08
Lawrence (working name) Rhodes started life as a regular child (yes, cliche). However, upon becoming a teenager he began exhibiting strange abilities, some of which he couldn't control (also cliche, this is a work in progress). He was discovered by an agent of a top-secret organisation that train others like him (I'll fix it! don't kill me!) and taken from his home while his parents' memories are quickly wiped by other agents. Reluctantly he was enlisted into the organisation, whose front is a candy store called Sweet Tooth, and given the codename Rocky.

More to come, I'm sure.

- Mattster
Last edited by cheeb on Mon May 19, 2008 7:17 am, edited 11 times in total.
the user formerly known as chibibo

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:20 pm
Myth says...

I think the fire/flames looks good. Will you be colouring them soon? They'd look a whole lot better.

I love the Waver! Looks brilliant. And does Tempo's hand come out? That jet thing?
.: ₪ :.

'...'

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:07 pm
Rydia says...

They look brilliant, Mattster. Tempo is just how I imagined her (With the exception of the high heels rather than boots) and I love her expression and posture. Infra's horns and fire are cool but doesn't he have trouble walking and ballancing on those tiny feet? Ultra is awesome. The staff could be better and he should probably have an 'over the shoulder' sheath or something to hold it in but the wings and orb are cool. The waver (you're right that one totally threw me!) has a great face and it's simple but a good baddie.

Lovely work Mattster, keep it up! And colour would be great.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:56 pm
sarahcrosbeh says...

Ooh i like your drawings. They're quite cute in a strange way.

Nice work. :) Maybe add some colour to improve?

:D

x
So's your face

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:20 pm
tinny says...

Aww, they're all really cute! I love Waver, he looks like the sort of thing I'd like to bundle up and hug.

And I too would love to see them with a bit of colour ^^
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:54 am
Alteran says...

Not as menacing as i thought he would be, but still well done. They're all very stylish, i think once you get the graphic novel going they will all blend well. I kinda wanna give them all hugs, but I wont. :P

Flying Pumpkin!!!

Nice work Matt.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:50 am
Jennafina says...

These are great! I just want to color them in. Haha, you should. :D It would look even better if you ink the lines first.

These remind me of the pokemon style. :)
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:08 pm
EnchantressMuffin says...

The last one is great. It looks a little like a flying pumpkin bat with hockey sticks coming out of its head. So cute!

Peace, love, chocolate,
Muffin

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:21 am
-KayJuran- says...

I haven't read infraRED yet, but I'll be sure to have a look at it sometime. =)

1. Apart from reminding me of a starfish... (=P) this looks like something that could be either on Pokemon, or on one of the Cartoon Network thingies. I love the eyes! They look all creepy and sinister. Perhaps you could work on the fire a little but it's not too bad - better than mine!

2. Actually this reminds me of those little plasticine men who used to be on Art Attack. Well, maybe they still are, but I don't watch it anymore so I don't know... I know you've done a halo and wings, but I think his expression looks more mischievous than angelic.

3. Is it supposed to look like there's a missile coming out of her arm..? The heels are an interesting choice as well, because aside from that she looks quite tomboyish.

4. Hehe, very cute. Looks like a mix between a Halloween pumpkin and a bat.

Will you be putting these into an actual comic strip at some point? If you do, let me know so I can scoot over here and see. =)

Kay.
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:36 pm
Someguy says...

I just liked the first one.
Look at my big shiny shell...

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:11 pm
Matthew Ryan Hercock says...

I like these
They are very good
These things, I can't remember their names now
They are very imagionative and cool
The first one looks like it could be a pok'emon lol
Great stuff
:smt038

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:16 am
Via says...

They are cute in like a ... pokemon kind of way? But, pokemon really kind of gets on my nerves so I would like it better if it..didn't resemble pokemon. Maybe a little more detail? Some color?

I think it's a good starter, but I'd like to see more ;)
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:17 am
hiverious says...

Nice line work! I like Ultra's wings, but can't tell if they're meant to be bird-like or bat-like *points to the little ridges that look like fingers used to suspend membranous bat wings* Hope that made sense. Basically to me it looks part like a bat's wing and part like your standard "bird-like" angel wing.

The fire hands of Infra are really cool. as are his eyes and horns. He looks more than a little annoyed =P. While you say you can't draw fire yo save your life I think the way it's drawn suits the art style better than some highly detailed flame. It would just look odd. The charm is in its simplicity.

Yay for the flying pumpkin!

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:37 am
cynicalgurl says...

lol

Aww... they're so cute! The first one reminds me of a beanie baby, and the third one reminds me of a cloth doll I made for my sister once. Minus the flying hand, of course. I really like the second one, though. He looks like a cartoon, but he's really cute. They all are. When are you drawing more?

The bat looks silly in a haha funny sort of way! :)

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:12 pm
cheeb says...

Hullo all! Yes, it has been quite a while. Thanks much for your comments.

You'll notice this thread is no longer "InfraRed characters". Why restrict this thread to one series while making entirely new threads for my other stuff? Silly, really.

New character added: Rocky

Back to first post

- Mattster
Last edited by cheeb on Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the user formerly known as chibibo

Hi everyone who clicks on my profile!...Um, not quite sure what else to do here. Yup, definitely new at this! XD
— Magebird