z

Young Writers Society

My Art

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:43 am
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

Herald's Soul comic panel with protag Beyren and side characters- brothers Teo and Keen, cleaned up with added light & shading

I might've been a little excessive with the darkness and saturation of the colors in this one lol. I'm a sucker for bright, saturated reds and blues but it's kinda intense to look at- at least on my tiny laptop screen in my dark room.

..This is why I'm blind in one eye and half-blind in the other. Should probably turn on a light or something :')

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:22 am
View Likes
LittleLee says...

Ahhhh it's beautiful!
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

91 Reviews

Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:27 am
AlyTheBookworm says...

Aw yay thankyou! I'm glad you like it! c:

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:33 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Not at all too dark or too saturated! Aly, you are incredible! Such wonderful posing.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

91 Reviews

Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:21 am
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

Thanks Wolfi! I always struggle with the brightness and colors of my comic, so that's good to hear :)

91 Reviews

Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:37 am
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

I realized today it's been an entire year since I last attempted a fully shaded/rendered artwork or portrait. The art I DID do in 2021 was work for my comic (..and OC doodles because those don't require energy or brain cells lol).

I improved in some aspects (anatomy, poses, action scenes), due to my comic work, but I feel like I'm going to have to relearn how to render stuff.

Anyways. I'm trying to get back into it in 2022 and starting with this WIP.. Here's to a better year of art and writing than the last. c:

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:30 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

Ohh that's really beautiful, Aly! I really love the pattern/cracks/shadow(?) on the face! The expression is also so fascinating. It's like smiling, but also in a bit of a cynical way? A sneer? Or maybe just a confident face? Very interesting to look at.
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

91 Reviews

Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:06 pm
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

Thanks Lim! <3
I'm curious to see how her expression comes out in the finished drawing. I don't usually plan this stuff- just kinda do what looks right. So apparently this one's a little snarky lol

91 Reviews

Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:13 am
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

Finished my wip :D

White-haired characters are painful to paint. Bangs and braids are even more painful. Don't know why I did this to myself, but at least it turned out good lol. Definitely learned a lot.

I played around with different backgrounds but wasn't sure which I liked more, so here's both versions.

616 Reviews

Reviews: 616
Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:22 am
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

I love how you did the hair! Even though you had so much trouble it still turned out amazing! I might have to look at this to see how to do white hair in the future!
FlamingPhoenix The Art Freak!
Stay Creative!

91 Reviews

Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:37 pm
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

Thanks Phoenix! :D

White hair is tricky at first, but once you get the hang of it it's just a bit more work than other colors, I think

91 Reviews

Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:55 am
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

Finished the third episode of my comic today. It's available here for anyone curious: https://www.deviantart.com/alydabookwor ... -906440500

The story's straying into 'talking heads' territory, but I hope I can add enough visual interest to these dialogue-heavy sections to make the most of the comic format and keep them interesting. Not only for readers, but for me as the artist who has to draw all these panels. :')

Next episode will feature some pretty, glowy fantasy creatures I'm looking forward to drawing, and the episode after will introduce the fourth protagonist Beyren (you're not supposed to have favorites, but this one's my favorite ngl) and move from dialogue back to a new action sequence. I'm holding out for that lol.

Also hoping to start uploading on Webtoon and maybe Tapas soon- just gotta make a new series thumbnail because the current one is old and crusty.

Anyways. Here's some new sketches and panels I liked from this newest episode:

Spoiler! :

91 Reviews

Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:59 am
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

Finished my cover art/thumbnail and finally started posting my webcomic on Webtoon! :D

For anyone curious, it can be found here :]
https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/t ... _no=613586

No one knows it exists yet, but I am ridiculously proud of this thing.

Reviews: 1
Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:22 am
View Likes
Chxkra2.O says...

Hey I really love your work.
Hopefully when you done with your characters I would like to show you my art work and maybe we can work on something.
[user]chxkra2.Ohttps://linktr.ee/gunjahmami[/user][media]art[/media]

I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
— Flannery O'Connor