z

Young Writers Society

Alice's Book Covers! [CLOSED FOR MULTIPLE REASONS]

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:45 pm
Charm says...

@Noelle You're welcome! I'm glad you like them. They are definitely one of my favorite batches :D (hehe I sound like I'm baking cookies :3 )

277 Reviews

Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:52 pm
View Likes
Charm says...

@SnazzyPencil

Are these good?
Attachments
rsz_1the_note_chronicles_1.jpg
rsz_the_note_chronicles_2.jpg

277 Reviews

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:41 am
Holysocks says...

Heyo! I'd love to see how you'd do mine, if you have a chance.

[Title] Glass & Ashes (please use "&" not "and" if at all possible)
[Genre] Fantasy, but it's a very... odd story- so if you can add some sinister/innocentness that would be really awesome. The story is sort of supposed to have the same feel as old fairy tales in a sense.

[synopsis of your novel]

G&A is about a girl who's looking for her lost shoe. Whispers emerge that her shoe was actually stolen, not lost, and a small fellow with rabbit ears, and a cobbler warn her that stolen shoes are very bad signs. At first she doesn't believe them, but when things start going wrong, like her sister breaking her wrist, and the family's best goat get's ripped apart in the night, she starts to wonder if there's some weight behind their words. Then their mother vanishes and she knows something far more than bad luck is a foot.

(Not too pleased with that but oh well)

[Your name/Username/Pen name/Initials]H.S.

[Any ideas/pictures/colors you have in mind]Possibly a reflection in a puddle- but I don't know that I want a face, so... Dark, rainy, maybe windows with warm light pouring out of them. Have fun, really.
100% autistic

277 Reviews

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:03 am
Holysocks says...

First one is definitely my favourite! ^_^ Thank you!!! C:
100% autistic

277 Reviews

Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:17 am
Charm says...

You're welcome! I'm glad you like them! :D

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:29 am
Snazzy says...

Great, now I don't know which to pick. XD But seriously, YESH!!! :D Thank you AGAIN! :D :D
Disciple of Christ • Coffee Addict • Poetry Consumer

Formerly SnazzyPencil

277 Reviews

Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:48 am
View Likes
Charm says...

Your welcome :D Hahahaa! My favorite is the second one with the purple in it!

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:09 am
Carlito says...

So much pretty in here!

Okay...
[Title]: Liz + Zac
[Genre]: Contemporary YA romance
[synopsis of your novel]: Liz + Zac is about a runaway girl named Liz and a homeless boy named Zac and they meet on the streets of Denver, Colorado and maybe fall in love. Both of them have some darkness in their past and some things they have to overcome if they're going to allow themselves to fall, not to mention all of the harsh realities of being a homeless teenager to contend with. It's part love story (loving yourself and loving someone else), part coming of age story in the vein of Eleanor & Park and All the Bright Places (I hope :p).
(not my greatest synopsis...if you have any questions, please ask!)
[Your name/Username/Pen name/Initials]: C.W.
[Any ideas/pictures/colors you have in mind]: I have basically no vision for how this cover should look other then I tend to like simple over complex covers and I like cool colors way more than warm covers. Pianos and parks are very important to the story. Ice skating is kind of important. Denver is very important. Homelessness is important. Love is important.
Liz is half Malaysian, half Caucasian - kind of like this. Zac is black and muscular (like a figure skater) - kind of like this.

Let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything else you want to know! Thanks! :D
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:20 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Hey there, Mad! I've been watching this forum for quite some time, and I must say, I love your novel covers; the amount of quality they have is exceptional, they're always so beautiful, and it's cool to see how everything ties together in each cover and how well you capture the essence of each novel. So I've finally gathered the guts to ask, if you don't mind, if you could do the same for my own novel project:

[Title]: Blessed Are The People
[Genre]: Epic fantasy (created my own world and everything)
[synopsis of your novel]: Eremia, the young daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Exedor (under the system of the Confederation of the Five Nations, although they are technically rulers of their own kingdom and thus King and Queen), lives in her parents' castle alongside her troublesome, rebellious, and eerily malicious brother Jonah and their servant Yorew. When Jonah plots to escape from the castle, the sound and astute Eremia is coaxed into joining his plot, mainly as she wants to teach him a lesson about the real world he has never seen and to also assure his safety. After a night filled with fighting, chaos, and running, they, alongside Yorew, are successfully able to escape the castle, fleeing subsequently to the border of Exedor.

Through a series of increasingly dramatic events, however, the trio soon finds themselves at the center of a political battle between the nations of the Confederation and many of the nations of their home world. By managing to awaken an ancient evil, which claims possession of Jonah, they inadvertently cause the collapse of Confederation, and loosen a large-scale war upon the world. A now desperate Eremia, with a group of allies at her side, must now travel the world, avoiding or resolving crisis after crisis as she searches for a way to return her brother from the evil that threatens to destroy the entire world, if not the entire universe. And, in the process, she will learn just how complex her own history is...

[Your name/Username/Pen name/Initials]: Silver

[Any ideas/pictures/colors you have in mind]: While I don't have any particular pictures or ideas in mind, I'd like to have a background image that communicates the wide scope of the story. I'd prefer an expansive scene, maybe like a grassland or a desert, preferably one that's mostly open and suggests a wide distance. As for any colors, I wouldn't mind a sunny sky. Of course, you're perfectly free to experiment with the background, text, etc. Given the many different nations and climates within the setting of the story, as well as the many different kinds of characters, you could create all kinds of novel covers, such as ones that focus on royalty, on the diplomacy between nations, on the varied environments, etc. Too, since I don't have any intentions to draft my novel in the near future, I'm open to all kinds of different designs. So yeah, feel free to go crazy with your creative process. XD

[Deadline]: As I've said above, I don't have any intentions to draft my novel anytime soon, and my focus on the novel is sort of off-and-on, so I don't have any particular deadline.

Yay, I can't wait to see what these covers will look like! Thanks Mad! If you have any questions at all about the cover, feel free to ask! :D
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

277 Reviews

Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:06 am
View Likes
Charm says...

Hey @Carlito
I wasn't quite sure what you wanted in your book cover as you were very vague. But you mentioned Eleanor and Park (one of my most favorite novels) and I remembered it's book cover. I've went of that style a bit. If you don't like any of these that's fine. I want you to leave with a cover you love so don't be afraid to tell me you want a different one.
Attachments
rsz_t_o_g_e_t_h_e_r_1.jpg
rsz_t_o_g_e_t_h_e_r_2.jpg
rsz_t_o_g_e_t_h_e_r_3.jpg

277 Reviews

Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:54 am
Charm says...

@TheSilverFox
Are these book covers the style you are looking for?
Attachments
rsz_blessed.jpg
rsz_blessed_1.jpg

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:55 am
View Likes
StupidSoup says...

o-o do you make these yourself?
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:52 am
Carlito says...

Thank you!! I'm in love with the first one <3
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

If you know what the tip of a shoelace is called, Congratulations, you watched Phineas and Ferb!
— FireEyes